Profile for Ozwald > Reviews

Content by Ozwald

Ozwald

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Day Zero Edition (Xbox One)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Day Zero Edition (Xbox One)

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge regret with buying this game., 3 Nov 2014
After an hour or so of gameplay I absolutely wish I hadn't been foolish enough to give this series another shot. It's just the same tired gameplay with higher jumps, there's nothing truly new here, just more gimmicks for this franchise.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2014 7:41 PM GMT

Destiny (Xbox One)
Destiny (Xbox One)

2.0 out of 5 stars I feel like I bought an incomplete game, 22 Sep 2014
This review is from: Destiny (Xbox One) (Video Game)
I feel like I bought an incomplete game, not only does Destiny throw in your face that there will be DLC, it basically leaves huge voids in the game itself that practically scream at you to buy the DLC to understand what the hell is going on in this universe. The game has some of the worst writing I've seen in quite some time, the characters have no personality to them, the only characters that seem half interesting are basically in the game to promote one of the DLC packs being released soon.

The gameplay itself is fun for the first few hours it takes you to reach level 20, but the problem is each class feels far too similar making it feel rather pointless which one you play. The loot system is just outright awful, the developers mentioned that Borderlands was a big inspiration for this game, so it makes me wonder how they skipped over, arguably, Borderlands finest aspect which was the loot system.

The multiplayer is a mixed bag, when it works it works great, but I found it far too based on 1 hit kills which I just really don't like. The fact that you can start each match with a selection of methods to one hit kill people from the Titans charging melee attack to a shotgun, it just takes the skill aspect out of the game in favour for a more luck based CoD experience.

Overall I found this game lacking in almost every aspect other than the soundtrack, so I can't help but laugh at the fact that Bungie fired Marty O'donnel as he seems to be the only person who actually earned his pay for this over inflated, under performing game.

Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo Wii U) [PEGI]
Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo Wii U) [PEGI]
Offered by Gameseek

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly above average., 10 Jun 2014
This is an incredibly fun game don't get me wrong, if you enjoy doing the same thing over and over and over then this is the game for you, it's just it lacks any real content. Sure it has a lot of tracks, but 50% of those tracks are pulled from previous games, some of which are absolutely tedious and make me question who in their right mind decided to bring them back. The variety of characters is very poor, it's mainly an assortment of your usual Mario, Luigi and Peach and then the babified versions of those characters and even metal versions of Mario and Peach. The variety is sorely lacking with the characters, I have no idea why as there's a lot of characters to choose from in the Mario-verse.

My biggest problem with this game comes from the lack of things to do, sure racing is fun for a few hours against the AI, then you realise over a decade later they still haven't fixed the AI to target anyone but you, so that spoils racing against the AI. The multiplayer is fun, sure, when you're not being disconnected from races. Even then it's just a matter of time before this games goes from amazing fun to tedium as you're just playing the same maps with the same vehicle over and over with nothing really changing.

X-Men: Days of Future Past [DVD] [2014]
X-Men: Days of Future Past [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ James McAvoy

5.0 out of 5 stars The best X-Men movie yet!, 22 May 2014
I enjoyed every second of this movie, from the amazing visuals to the gripping story and great acting, everything about Days of Future Past was spot on. The soundtrack was fantastic too adding to an already strong film. If there is one movie that you should see this summer, it's Days of Future Past!

Godzilla [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free]
Godzilla [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Aaron Taylor-Johnson

2.0 out of 5 stars A dull movie, but a visually stunning one.., 21 May 2014
Seeing Godzilla opening night I couldn't help but feel disappointed when it was over with. Sure the battle towards the end was somewhat entertaining, lots of carnage as these big monsters fought one another and the effects were great. It's just the wait to this point in the movie was painfully dull. I didn't expect the movie to have a lot of action, in fact that was a problem I had with Pacific Rim, I just expected something to keep your interest held until we got to the inevitable Godzilla brawl.

You get the odd scene with the MUTO and the quick glimpse of Godzilla, but these just fueled the feeling of frustration when these scenes ultimately lead to nothing. It isn't until the finale that we get what we all bought a ticket for.

A fairly decent movie but overall a disappointing one.

Man Of Steel: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Limited Deluxe Edition) [Soundtrack]

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 19 Jun 2013
I adore this soundtrack, from the intense, fast paced drums to the beautifully calm vocals, all the tracks are great in their own way.

I think this soundtrack works very well with the movie, when I heard Hans Zimmer was involved with this movie I expected a lot, and I wasn't disappointed. They're used effectively in the film, but you can't really appreciate the OST until you hear it in its full, unedited form.

This was worth every penny.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (PS3)
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (PS3)
Offered by Shop4World

3.0 out of 5 stars Wait for a price drop., 9 Mar 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 can be a fun game if you're a fan of the show or manga, but it doesn't offer much to those who aren't. The combat is simplistic but works and allows new players to the series to jump straight into the game.The story, whilst changing how some events play out, still tells the journey of Naruto and the Ninja War.

The game hasn't really been tuned up the way you'd expect from a sequel and feels a lot like Ninja Storm 2. Whilst this isn't a bad thing as it still has plenty of new playable characters and continues the story, you instantly feel that you've played this game before. The online battles are still a mess, with people being encouraged to repeatedly use the same attack to win and no real incentive to try any of the lesser characters, it gets dull quickly. On top of that you have connection issues with most matches you join having some sort of delay. This can be side stepped if you host a match but then the other player will be in your shoes. So don't expect this game to have a strong playerbase for long.

All in all I'd say this is a rental or buy when it's around £20. There is no need to play this game immediately and it doesn't bring enough new features to the table to warrant a full price purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2013 11:22 AM BST

DmC (PC DVD)
DmC (PC DVD)
Offered by zoverstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun, 26 Jan 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: DmC (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This game has received a lot of negativity since it was announced, and I'll admit I was one of the people who thought it was taking the series in a bad direction. I purchased it on Steam on January 25th and I've enjoyed it immensely.

The writing could use some work as most of the dialogue is forgettable, Dante has some funny one liners here and there but there isn't really much else to him. The story, whilst not original, is quite interesting, it kept me engaged to the end as I wanted to see the finale and how Dante was going to come out on top. This is also a great game for people who haven't played previous Devil May Cry games or aren't familiar with the story. It tells the origin of Dante and Vergil and explains their relationship well.

The gameplay is great, fast and fluid with brilliant animations, it's less challenging than previous installments in the DMC franchise, but still offers a lot of enjoyment. My one real gripe with the combat is the guns though. Whilst they're fun to use and can keep the pace up, they just aren't up to par with melee weapons. I never felt like my guns were doing any significant damage, Ebony and Ivory especially are pretty useless now. The way you switch between weapons opens up a lot of possibilities in combat, you can take on entire mobs at once, pull in an enemy to seperate them from a group or fling demon's in the air where they will become defenseless to your attacks. It's pretty simple but may take a little time to get used to if you haven't played a DMC game before.

The graphics are beautiful, especially on the PC, if your PC can run this then get this version as it's the best of the three. With a higher frame rate and less fog and screen tearing, there's no reason not to.

The new Dante takes a little getting used to, he is different, that's for sure, and for a while I just wanted the white haired half demon back. I did eventually grow to like this new version, though I'd like to see him mature more into the Dante of old during this series.

Overall my issues with this game are minor, it offers a very fun experience and if you can get past the changes then it is a fun game for fans of this series and newcomers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2013 3:05 PM GMT