Profile for sniffer > Reviews

Energizer CA6L Digital Camera Battery Equivalent to Canon NB-6L Battery 690mAh
Energizer CA6L Digital Camera Battery Equivalent to Canon NB-6L Battery 690mAh
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than the original., 4 Sep 2013
I have written before that I have always bought third party spare batteries for my canon cameras and had no problems. This one is no exception. You will get people who will painstakingly do a shot to shot comparison and point out that they got 10 shots less than the original battery and condemn them as fake. I haven't done a "lab test" on the battery but know from use it's pretty close to what I get from the original. If I was only getting half the shots out of it I would be disappointed but for the money saved I don’t mind if I'm getting 10 or 20 shots less. I always go out with 2 fully charged batteries and never run out of both before I can get to socket.

Mask, Snorkel & Fins / Flippers PVC Diving Set (Kids) - Scuba Dive Snorkelling Sets (L / XL (UK 1 - 4), Blue)
Offered by Two Bare Feet
Price: 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Mask hurt around the nose., 4 Sep 2013
Bought these for my 7yr old son to use on holiday. The compact flippers were excellent and I could hardly keep up with him under water. The snorkel was much better than the cheaper ones without the purge valve and he got used to using it really quickly. The only problem was the mask kept hurting him under the nose to the point it put him off using the mask. I tried it and it seemed fine for me. I think the mask will fit him better in a couple of years so will put it to one side. On the plus side they didn't fog up while I was wearing them or leak.

SPEEDO VANQUISHER 2.0 MIRROR SWIM GOGGLES JUNIOR - BLACK
SPEEDO VANQUISHER 2.0 MIRROR SWIM GOGGLES JUNIOR - BLACK
Offered by Allens of Kingsbury Swimwear
Price: 11.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont fog up!, 4 Sep 2013
Bought these for my 7yr old as his old ones were getting a bit worn. He loves these as they fit very well and don't fog up at all. The fact they are tinted was great for holiday as they stopped the reflection from the pool hurting his eyes. Would recommend.

Aqua Sphere Kids Seal Swimming Goggles - Blue
Aqua Sphere Kids Seal Swimming Goggles - Blue
Price: 11.06

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves them., 23 July 2013
I bought these for my 6yr old son for holidays. They are a great fit and easy to adjust with click lock system. They fit around the face so don’t hurt the eyes and don’t leave deep red marks around the eyes. He used them everyday and said they never leaked even when diving and jumping in the pool. I even tried them myself and found them really good. They didn’t seem to fog up like some goggle do and would recommend them for anyone looking for some good goggle for their child.

FCUK FCU555 Wrap Men's Sunglasses Matt Brown One Size
FCUK FCU555 Wrap Men's Sunglasses Matt Brown One Size
Price: 40.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Great driving glasses., 23 July 2013
Very stylish glasses and a great fit. I bought these for my holiday last year and like the fact they are a close wrap around fit. They are great for driving as even when the sun is to the side they stop the sun dazzling you. They can get a bit hot around the frame if you leave them in the sun when not wearing them but I guess most glasses with metal frames do.

SuperTooth HD Hands-Free BlueTooth Car-Kit with In-Car Holder for Smartphone Devices - Black
Price: 54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for sat nav voice commands., 23 July 2013
This is a great piece of kit for using your phone in the car. It was easy to set up an only took about a minute to pair and go through my address book. The sound quality is very clear in the car and nobody has complained about the quality of my voice at the other end.
I first got this to go with my iPhone 4 and voice dialling was fine. One press of the call button, say voice dial and wait for the tone from the voice command on the phone. However when I upgraded to the iPhone 5 it was a different matter. Every time I tried voice dial it kept telling me it didn’t understand or rang some random number. It took me ages to work out what was wrong but realised it was Siri on the phone messing things up. I never use Siri anyway so switched it off. Hey presto voice dialling was perfect again.
One of the main reasons for getting this was because I wanted a way of amplifying the voice commands on my Tom Tom sat nav app on my phone. My old Sony Ericsson didn’t have the function and the phone wasn’t really loud enough on the motorway. Everything comes through this very loud and clear and makes it worth the money just for that.
The clip on the sun visor is a nice tight fit and the unit clips on firmly with the magnets. I haven’t had any problems knocking it when getting in as I put it on the left side of the visor. I never unclip mine as you need to bend down and look up at the visor to see it.
The battery life is great and I only need to charge it about once every 3 months, although if you do a lot of miles you will need to charge more often. It has only failed to automatically connect a couple of times, but you just press the power button to re-connect. Most of the time I can hear it say “connected to phone” as I open the door. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a hands free kit for their car.

Pilot Frixion Erasable Capless Clicker Retractable Roller Ball Pen Extra Fine 0.5 Black Ink
Offered by LBM The Art & Stationery Store
Price: 3.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 23 July 2013
Since getting one of these I haven’t used any other pen. Ok it's maybe not the smoothest, prettiest pen in the world but the fact you can erase mistakes (and I’m a terrible speller) cleanly is great.

iTALKonline ProGel Blue Back Cover Tough TPU Case / Skin for Apple iPad Mini Tablet (Wifi + 3G) works with GENUINE Apple iPad Mini Smart Cover
Offered by iTALKonline-UK
Price: 4.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 23 July 2013
This is more riggid than the usual cases but I like it for that as it feels like it can take more knocks and doesnt move when your holding the iPad. I use this with the smart cover and has neven bee off the iPad since I got it.

TRIXES Black Micro 2 Port USB 2.1A Car Charger Splitter Adapter for iPod iPhone iPad Mobile SatNav
Offered by Digiflex
Price: 1.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Permanently plugged in my car., 23 July 2013
I needed a handy charger for my iPod, iPad and iPhone for the car. This little thing is great as I can charge my phone up while my child has the iPad in the back. Its small form means I can leave it plugged in the AUX socket in the armrest all the time so no messing about taking it out all the time.
If there was a complaint it would be that its not easy to see which socket has the higher output but you soon know once you plug a tablet in and it says not charging.
Great little bit of kit.

Am-Tech Professional Knee Pads Gel
Am-Tech Professional Knee Pads Gel
Offered by Office Stationery Supplies
Price: 9.54

3.0 out of 5 stars Very rugged., 23 July 2013
I bought these for use at work as I was frequently on my knees on concrete floors. They are very comfortable but a little on the heavy side. Because of the fairly solid kneeling plate they can also be a bit wobbly when you’re on both knees.
I have since been given some of the thinner and lighter foam knee pads at work which are ideal for wearing all day.
I have found the heavier pads to be great in the garden though on soft and uneven ground as they seem to grip the soil. They are a solid knee pad and will last years but I wouldn’t want to be wearing them all day. Ideal for gardening and occasional DIY tasks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6