Profile for Kirsten > Reviews

Content by Kirsten

Kirsten

The Survivors Apocalypse Book Series (Life After War 1)
The Survivors Apocalypse Book Series (Life After War 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars A little out there...., 12 Dec. 2012
I enjoyed the book, but.. All characters smoke pot, all characters are either saints or devils. Not saying it is impossible, just unlikely. It annoyed me more as the story went on. Shame really, because I did enjoy every thing else about it. Don't think I liked it enough to read the next book, even though this one ended with a cliff-hanger.

Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse
Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, informative and captures you from the start!, 26 Oct. 2012
Brilliant novel and in a way a guide book about surviving the coming collapse. It is clear Rawles isn't a novelist, the characters are all god fearing, law abiding, kind, giving saints. They're not impossible characters, just very unlikely. It is an image of the perfect prepper situation in the worst case scenario. Personally I think he goes on a bit detailing guns and such, but I'm sure many of his readers will appreciate it. Over all I thought I was a great read, it captured me from the beginning and gave me some real good ideas and stuff to think about. I'd recommend it to all!

Survivors: A Novel of the Coming Collapse
Survivors: A Novel of the Coming Collapse
by James W Rawles
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

Written in the same style as his first book, Patriots, about the same event but different people. Personally I think he goes on a bit talking about guns in quite some detail, and the personalities of the characters are unlikely (either saints or devils) but it doesn't spoil the book at all. I would recommend it to anyone interested in what might happen if the current economic situation is allowed to continue. The book is truly capturing and I hope more people will be moved by it to take responsibility for their own wellbeing, and that of their loved ones in stead of relying on others and the government to look after them.