Profile for Vitor Monteiro > Reviews

Flash Boys
Flash Boys
by Michael Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - buy two just in case, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Flash Boys (Hardcover)
I can't say how much I love this book, who needs fiction when you have Michael Lewis writing about the real world in such a compelling way. I've read one of his books before and this just proves that he knows how to write. He could probably write about sheep and cotton and make it a thrilling adventure.

The Ten Faces of Innovation: Strategies for Heightening Creativity
The Ten Faces of Innovation: Strategies for Heightening Creativity
by Tom Kelley

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor edition, 26 Jun 2014
Although I like the book, there's some printing aspects that make it terrible. Could you have a smaller font? Why do you have massive blocks of highlights in the text "a la newspaper". Is this for people skimming the book? Doesn't make sense.

Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Not compelling to watch more than the second episode, 3 Mar 2014
The air is saturated with House of Cards. Obviously this show is a different genre but the terminology, the backstage fights, even with the tone of comedy, just seem a bit off, if you compare it to it's closest rival.

Apart from goodman, the other characters are dull, and the plot was extremely predictable. The humour is sometimes extremely simple, naked guy comes out of the shower to see shocked woman? Didn't see that one coming.

Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough to make me want to see more, 27 Feb 2014
Contrary to the highly coveted "Alpha House" which I honestly struggled to watch episode 2, The Rebels seems so much more promising.

Liked most of the actors and the pilot's script.

USN Pure Protein GF1 Growth and Repair Protein Shake, Chocolate - 2280 g
USN Pure Protein GF1 Growth and Repair Protein Shake, Chocolate - 2280 g

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't go chocolate, 23 Dec 2013
Although this brand has quality protein, especially strawberry, the chocolate flavour tastes like mud with flavouring. Stay away, for chocolate flavour try optimal nutrition.

High Performance Browser Networking: What every web developer should know about networking and web performance
by Ilya Grigorik

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tech book I've read in the last years, 23 Dec 2013
In this day and age, it's so hard for a book to have just the ideal scope of detail on a given subject. Some go too far, making the book tedious, others are too vague, making them just a small intro to a subject. This book is on the spot, is it very well written and the topics are all of great interest for me as a web developer. I've recommended this book to everyone I bump into.

Bosch PSB 18 LI-2 Cordless 18 Volt Hammer Drill, 1 x Li-Ion Battery
Bosch PSB 18 LI-2 Cordless 18 Volt Hammer Drill, 1 x Li-Ion Battery
Offered by holywell tools

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, 31 Aug 2013
Nice product, nice battery, like the package. Did all the light work at home with no problems. Recommend it.
Could use it out of the box for a while, so I guess battery is really good. Charged really fast as well.

Bosch 50 Piece X-Line Accessory Set
Bosch 50 Piece X-Line Accessory Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect so far, 31 Aug 2013
Nice product, nice set, like the package. Did all the light work at home with no problems. Recommend it. Don't imagine needing another one.

Tiger Universal Trigger Capo - Chrome
Tiger Universal Trigger Capo - Chrome

3.0 out of 5 stars Fair product, 31 Aug 2013
I previously had a capo that you tied instead of these ones that just clip and was much better. sometime I spend a minute or trying to place it in the correct position, it doesn't give much margin for error.

Brabantia Essential Line Can Opener with Plastic Handle
Brabantia Essential Line Can Opener with Plastic Handle

5.0 out of 5 stars This works perfectly, 22 Mar 2013
After cutting my fingers in a lot of situations I decided it was time to buy a can opener. It's probably been a while since I've used one, because I was so amazed with this that I considered it to be the best buy of the year for me.

I had a can opener at home from previous tenants and I couldn't use it, so this one is good for sure.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3