Profile for Muryum > Reviews

Reclaim Your Heart
Reclaim Your Heart
by Yasmin Mogahed

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting, 27 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Reclaim Your Heart (Paperback)
From the word 'go' this book was utterly inspiring. Yasmin Mogahed captures the concepts with her vast amount of knowledge and experience of understanding and moulding the human mind in order to achieve mental and spiritual liberation.

The ONLY self-help book you need :D

The Islamist: Why I joined radical Islam in Britain, what I saw inside and why I left
by Ed Husain

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling, 27 Dec. 2012
Did not want to put this book down until I completed it!

Such an insight into one of the most misunderstood political parties. Although it didn't do much to remove the stigma attached to 'Islamism' and the so called 'Islamists', as when you add 'ist' or 'ism' to a word it means 'pro', so an 'Islamist' is in actual fact a Muslim Pro; nothing wrong with that if the person is actually practicing Islam as it is supposed to be practiced :) I would still reccomend this to those who choose to develop thier design of a concept with an empty canvas.

The Travels of Ibn Battutah
The Travels of Ibn Battutah
by Ibn Battutah

5.0 out of 5 stars So enriching!, 27 Dec. 2012
Ibn Battuta! What a character. His journey's were epic and he managed to capture thier magnificence in his eloquent recollection.

Would read and re-read to understand the rich culture of the world that was exposed to us through his eyeglass