Profile for Martina Slajerova > Reviews

Content by Martina Slajerova

Martina Slajerova

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Healthy Drink Recipes: All Natural Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Paleo and Vegan Drink Recipes with Max. 5 Ingredients

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious recipes and beautiful photography, 8 Aug 2014
Essential for all health conscious people who want to avoid unhealthy additives and sugar. Now I have to try all the lemonades, ice-tea drinks and even cocktails :-) Elviira even added a section about her drink experiments at the end of this book so you can avoid common mistakes of putting the wrong flavours together.

Frontier Natural Products, Cherry Flavour, 2 fl oz (59 ml)
Frontier Natural Products, Cherry Flavour, 2 fl oz (59 ml)
Offered by Better Yourself Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for baking and making home-made ice-cream, 17 Jun 2014
This is one of my most favourite extracts from Frontier. No propylene glycol, it tastes great when combined with chocolate and boosts the flavour of fresh cherries.

Frontier Maple Flavor -- 59 ml
Frontier Maple Flavor -- 59 ml
Offered by STRATTON UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great taste but contains soy, 17 Jun 2014
Great maple taste and no propylene glycol or sugar - I would love it even more without the soy in it.

Biona Organic Demeter Sauerkraut 360 g (Pack of 6)
Biona Organic Demeter Sauerkraut 360 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love sauerkraut, 17 Jun 2014
I've been using Biona products for a while (coconut oil, coconut milk and sauerkraut). There are no additives or sugar and it tastes great!

Profusion Himalayan Pink Salt Coarse 500g
Profusion Himalayan Pink Salt Coarse 500g
Offered by UniStore

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 17 Jun 2014
I love pink Himalayan rock salt due to its health effects and mineral content (magnesium, potassium). This package lasts for ages - great value for money.

Ketone Power: Superfuel for Optimal Mental Health and Ultimate Physical Performance

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keto resource worth every penny, 16 Jun 2014
I have been following the ketogenic diet for over 3 years and was looking for a book focused on exercise and nutrition for active people who follow a low-carb, ketogenic diet. I found this book on the author's website he devoted to keto living. After reading a couple of his posts, I decided to get his book and I found pretty much what I was looking for, actually even more. I learnt about Jack Kruse's Cold Thermogenesis protocol and how following this protocol can help you lose more body fat. I also learnt more about the Big 5 Protocol and practical advice on how these 12-minute workouts once a week can change your body composition.

What I also like about this book is that the author didn't focus just on scientific facts but also gives practical advice - his own experience and recommendations for useful keto resources.

The author always emphasises that is't very important to keep educating yourself. There is loads of information on the Internet and even studies may be manipulated - a perfect example of bad science is Ancel Keys' research a few decades ago. "Ketone Power" will change the way you look at information and help you make the right choices.

The poor, misunderstood calorie
The poor, misunderstood calorie

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books on nutrition, 13 May 2014
Loads of great information backed up by science. Calories are completely misunderstood and it's time for people to stop counting them and focus on eating real food that will naturally keep them sated. I agree with sondraeliz's review - it's not the best option for the layman but this book is a no-brainer for all science geeks like me and I would definitely recommend it.

30-Minute Paleo Dessert Recipes: Simple Gluten-Free and Paleo Desserts for Improved Weight-Loss

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - a must have for all people following the paleo diet, 17 Dec 2013
I really like this book. All ingredients are paleo-friendly, gluten-free and can definitely be labeled "real food". Delicious recipes - I love the truffles! Because I'm on a low-carb, paleo diet, I just use my favourite low-carb sweeteners (stevia, Erythritol) instead of honey. Well done!

100% Coconut Milk - 33 oz packages (1-pack)
100% Coconut Milk - 33 oz packages (1-pack)
Offered by Orientaltreasure

2.0 out of 5 stars Love Aroy-D but what about the crazy price?, 14 Nov 2013
When I bought this product, I thought it was a pack of 6 or more. That's when the price would be reasonable. I would have never thought I will only get 1 package of 1 litre. Just saying so you are not surprised like I was...

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Organic but uses guar gum, 14 Nov 2013
It's very hard to find coconut milk with no guar gum. The issue I have is the smell... All products containing guar gum have this characteristic smell and taste which for me is definitely not pleasant. The only product I know of that doesn't contain guar gum is Aroy-D. The problem with Aroy-D is that it doesn't "cream". Those of you that use coconut milk know what it means. The taste and smell is fabulous but it would simplly never "cream". Compared to that, Celebes "creams" easily and is therefore a reasonable compromise. And it's organic.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5