Profile for Shoryuken > Reviews

Content by Shoryuken

Shoryuken

Page: 1 | 2
SCJP Sun Certified Programmer for Java 5 Study Guide (Exam 310-055) (Certification Press)
by Katherine Sierra
Price: 27.19

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to pass SCJP5 exam get this book!, 20 Dec 2008
If you are studying for the SCJP5 exam this book is essential.

It goes in to each exam objective in detail with lots of practice questions at the end of each chapter.

Using this book along with some really good mock exams then you will be in a very good position to passing the SCJP5 exam.

The Naked Trader: How Anyone Can Make Money Trading Shares
The Naked Trader: How Anyone Can Make Money Trading Shares
by Robbie Burns
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 20 Dec 2008
After reading a few books on this subject, The Naked Trader is by far the best.

Robbie gives a no-nonsense approach to what you need to know in order to become a successful trader. He doesn't paint a pretty picture to scam you out of your money, as at the end of the day you have to put in the hard work if you want to be a success.

Overall a very entertaining, informative and fantastic book!

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2007]
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Daniel Radcliffe
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie, 13 Mar 2008
Im not a Harry Potter fan and I have not read any of the books. However, compared to all the other movies out there I would say this is a very good movie. It suits children and adults. It has an interesting plot with humor, drama and suspense.

Who Moved My Cheese: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life
by Spencer Johnson
Price: 4.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointed, 13 Mar 2008
After all the good reviews I decided to read this book and managed to finish it within two hours. I was dissapointed..

It is a fairly simple and straight forward read and could be compared to a childrens book

I'd say this book is for:

-Those who dont know how to deal with change
-People who are afraid of change
-Finding the benefits of change
-Understanding change, why it occurs and what to do as a result

I think the main reason that I am only giving this book 2 stars is that it doesn't teach me anything new. I work in an industry which is constantly changing and is affected by volatile market conditions. From experience, I have learnt that change happens and you have to deal with it otherwise you can lose out bigtime.

Samsung 512Mb UltraSlim MP3 Player With FM Tuner YP-U2RXB/XEU
Samsung 512Mb UltraSlim MP3 Player With FM Tuner YP-U2RXB/XEU

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little player, 13 Mar 2008
Although this doesnt have all the bells and whistles of an Ipod nano, I would say that this is a decent mp3 player. It does what it says. It has decent capacity and FM tuner which is ok also. I have had this player for about 2 years now. I take it to the gym, work and even when I go for a run...no problems whatsoever.

For the price this is a nice little player.

Football Manager 2007 (PC CD)
Football Manager 2007 (PC CD)
Offered by Satsumo
Price: 5.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive..but worth it!, 13 Mar 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I started off on the original champ manager series which has now evolved into the FM series. If you watch, play and talk footy this is the game for you!

In this game you basically manage any team in any leage (or nation) that you choose. Your management board will have objectives for the year which they expect you to accomplish. Buy or sell players, change team strategy and build your squad to meet these objectives. Do whatever you want but just like in the real football world, winning is what counts!

This is highly addicitve game with so many features and characteristics that you could spend hours just working on tactics for your team. I simply cannot put this game down and have to force myself to stop playing.

FM2007 is one of the best games out there and I believe its available on most platforms. Get this game if you want a serious challenge!!!!

Sony Cyber-SHOT DSC-W5 Compact Camera ( 5.3 MP,3 x Optical Zoom,2.5 -inch LCD )
Sony Cyber-SHOT DSC-W5 Compact Camera ( 5.3 MP,3 x Optical Zoom,2.5 -inch LCD )

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Camera, 13 Mar 2008
I bought this camera 2 years back and I have had no problems with it. Its an excellent "point & shoot" camera and has all the extra features for serious photographers.

Its very easy to use, minimal lag and the picutre quality is excellent. I have taken this robust camera with me on my travels in Europe, USA, Asia and beyond and its still working perfect!

The 2.5 LCD screen seems massive and this is big enough for any digital camera. Transferring to a PC is simple as you just plug the USB cable from the camera to your PC and thats it!

Fantastic camera and an amazing purchase!

Xbox 360 Console (20 GB Hard Drive)
Xbox 360 Console (20 GB Hard Drive)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Console, 28 Feb 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This console is truly fantastic. Having owned many consoles from sega megadrive to all the PlayStation consoles, this is by far the best!

I have had my Xbox360 for almost a year now. Just like many other gamers i did get the ROD (Ring of Death) but i was pleasantly surprised that it was repaired for free within 1 week. Courier came to pick my xbox up and it was delivered back at my address. All i had to do was stick a label on the box which microsoft sent me.

Although there are a few hardware problems i still think this is an excellent machine which unlike the PS3 has many games to choose from.. and its much cheaper!

Xbox 360 Quick Charge Kit - White (Xbox 360)
Xbox 360 Quick Charge Kit - White (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 28 Feb 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If you decide to go wireless then this is a must have.

I have has my quick charge kit for almost a year now and have had no problems whatsover!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2009 3:25 AM BST

Object-oriented Systems Analysis and Design Using UML 2/e
Object-oriented Systems Analysis and Design Using UML 2/e
by Simon Bennett

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful Book, 28 Feb 2008
I read this book during my first year at Uni and found it to be informative and useful. Although it can be dull in some parts it is a decent introduction to OO systems analysis. However do read other books on this subject to accompany this book.

Page: 1 | 2