Profile for How 1975 > Reviews

Content by How 1975

How 1975

Page: 1 | 2
Far Cry 3 - The Lost Expeditions Edition (PS3)
Far Cry 3 - The Lost Expeditions Edition (PS3)
Offered by clickforgamesltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Best fun on a PS3 since Red Dead Redemption, 30 Nov 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a must buy. If you ask for one game for Christmas this year it must be this one. As I have bought it already I'll be asking for Hitman Absolution.
It's an amazing game. So many things to do on the island and it starts with a punch right from the beginning. You are nicely introduced to all the ways of going about things and there is no room for getting bored as each different task is so different from the previous.
If I had to compare it to anything, it bears some similarities to RAGE although I am much more impressed by Far Cry. The story and voice acting are great and I'm going to be spending hours and hours on this one.
So glad I've found a game that will keep me busy til I get a new game or two for Christmas.
I haven't played every single game that's been released this year but this is the best one I've put on my PS3 this year. Max Payne 3 comes a close 2nd but that's an all out action game whereas this one has so much more to it. You won't find enough time in the day.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2012 7:43 AM GMT

Unit 13 (PS Vita)
Unit 13 (PS Vita)
Offered by Global Xpress

4.0 out of 5 stars If you are after multiplayer action, even if it is only in the form of cooperative play, Unit 13 delivers the goods, 24 Mar 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Unit 13 (PS Vita) (Video Game)
If you are after multiplayer action, even if it is only in the form of cooperative play, Unit 13 delivers the goods, with tight controls, solid graphics, a great atmosphere and some nice addictive hooks, giving loads of replay value. There is nothing really original on offer and there is no actual storyline and the characters have no personality for you to get attached to them but these are not really things that should put you off as, as I said before, it just wants to quench your thirst for some quality stealth/action missions. Even though it's nothing original, for one of the first shooters on the VITA I am eager to see where shooter's will go on this console as this is a great first attempt on this machine. All in all I would give this an 8 Great stuff...
I am a critic for pure playstation fans so you can read this full review and other at our website.
Hope I helped you make a decision. Shame Sony are ushering Zipper out of the back door as I speak....

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PS Vita)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PS Vita)

5.0 out of 5 stars If this is what we get at launch. I can't even start to imagine what great games we have in store., 27 Feb 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
There's not much more to add as the other reviewers have summed it up to a tee. I'll just say that as soon as you see the medallion swivelling around when the game first loads up and the theme music starts to play (now just as familiar as the Indiana Jones theme) you just know you ar ein for a treat.
The cut scenes are indeed a pleasure to watch, although not quite on a par with the PS3 but that was to be expected. However, compared to similar style games I have played on the Iphone/Ipad such as 9mm/Backstab and the like the graphics on the Vita are mind blowing.
The gameplay is very, very good. It is really well suited to a handheld device. You get good explanations in the first few chapters letting you know how to use the various controls. You get a choice of touch/gyroscope/analogue controls for the most part and they all work very nicely. When I first saw the touch climbing option I thought it would be a bit of a fad but it actually works very nicely and clambering up rocks is actually great fun and never gets boring.
The voice acting is just as good as on the playstation and the script is great.
A lot of people are saying that the vita games are expensive compared to Iphone/Ipad games. And that's true but I think you are getting your weight in gold here as the production values in this game are so much more. Great story, great gameplay, great graphics, great everything. I haven't finished the game but I hear it takes about as long as the PS3 games to finish so this will last a while and hopefully we may even see some DLC in the near future.
So far I have played this, Virtua Tennis, Wipeout, Escape Plan and Motorstorm. I would say that the best graphics can be seen on Virtua Tennis (but it is hard to compare a tennis game to this as Uncharted required detailed graphics for the amazing backdrop) as the movements of the players and the faces look more realistic.
In terms of gameplay and enjoyability, Uncharted wins hands down here.
On a side note. Unit 13 is coming out very soon and I get the impression that this is going to be of the same caliber. I hope so.
If you were worried that Uncharted Golden Abyss wouldn't live up to the rest of the saga. Take my word for it. You won't be disappointed. Order it now if you haven't already.

Virtua Tennis 4 (PS Vita)
Virtua Tennis 4 (PS Vita)
Offered by Entertainment Hub Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite Top Spin but for a handheld quite brilliant...., 24 Feb 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I got this after trying it our for about 60 seconds in-store. The graphics a very impressive, mainly during actual gameplay rather than the close ups on the faces of the players. It's the player movements that make it really quite realistic and the controls are well designed.
Loving it.

Wipeout 2048 (PS Vita)
Wipeout 2048 (PS Vita)
Offered by Shop4World

4.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't going to buy this but as everything else was sold out I got it and love it...., 22 Feb 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I have never really been a fan of wipeout and I only really bought this as it was the only game out of what was left on the shelves after the Vita launch battle in Game.
Was a lovely surprise. I must admit I only spent a short time on it as I wanted to try various things out on the Vita before going to bed but the courses are amazing and I thought the sound effects were great. Reminded me of Star Wars (part pod racing / part starfighters). I haven't tried the other launch day racing games but I get the general impression from reviews that this beats the competition hands down.
Looking forward to getting home to try out Rayman Origins and Virtua Tennis...........
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2012 1:48 PM GMT

Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Kit
Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Would have been five if the screen protector had been better., 22 Feb 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I would have loved to have been able to give this kit a 5 star review as all the accessories are very good with the exception of the extremely poor screen protector. What a shame. I have had a fair bit of practice putting screen protectors on iphones, ipads etc, It went on okay and I got most bubbles out but the protector has kind of a strange texture to it that I guess it to reduce glare or reflections but it makes the visuals a lot worse for me on the screen.
Now for the good though. You can get loads of other screen protectors from other third parties which work really well so that isn't a big issue.
The case is actually very nice. It is well designed to put the vita in with another compartment to fit plenty of other accessories in it. I was a bit worried about the zip scratching the vita as it doesn't go all the way round the case but the zip can be folded back when you put in/take out the vita so there's no way it will scratch you spanking brand new device.
It's well worth it for the money.

Sony PlayStation Vita (Wi-Fi only)
Sony PlayStation Vita (Wi-Fi only)

5.0 out of 5 stars PS VITA. I can't understand all the hater reviews. I love it......, 22 Feb 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I won't bore you with a long review as I haven't played on it for long but this I can say. What I have seen so far since I got it yesterday has blown me away. I have never been tempted by previous PSPs or Nintendo handhelds but as soon as I played this in store a week ago I knew straight away it was what I was looking for.
It was a dream to set up. I literally just whipped it out of the box, put on the official sony screen protector (which I am not very keen on by the way as it seems to distort the image and gets very grubby very quickly, but that's not a Vita flaw) and was able to download the free augmented reality games and Escape Plan and Motorstorm in no time.
Sure the OS is not on a par with IOS on the iphone or ipad but for a gaming machine it's acceptable and I am sure once it get's past a few teething problems the system will be much better.
Only full in store purchased game played so far is wipeout as everything else was sold out by the time I got my Vita. I have never particularly liked Wipeout but this was a real surprise. I really enjoyed it. The graphics and sound effects were top notch.
Will be trying more games tonight as the shops have stocked up again.
Very happy customer so far. If you are on the fence about buying a Vita, I hope my review pulls you to the same side that I am on.......
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2012 12:40 PM GMT

Ziiiro Unisex Watch Z0001WBL
Ziiiro Unisex Watch Z0001WBL
Offered by TICTACTIME

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comfortable and cool watch, 27 Jan 2012
This watch was a great Christmas present for me. Not only does it look great, but it is really comfortable. You can barely tell you are wearing a watch.
It's really easy to put on/take off. The only but (and its a small but) is that the rubber strap is a bit of a fluff magnet but that doesn't bother me really. It may put some people off.
What is also great is that ziiiro have started to sell separate straps so you don't have to buy a new watch to get interchangeable straps.
The new proton version on their website looks wery nice too. Especially the clear charcoal strap.....
If you want a really comfortabl watch then this is the one to get. I have a pretty small wrist (about 15 cm) and it fits great.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (Xbox 360)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best stealth/action games available for the xbox, 1 Jan 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I knew this would be fairly good as I had read good reviews for it but it is "really" good.
It reminded me a lot of the series 24 "plotwise" but I won't spoil it for those who haven't played it.....

The stealth and cover are really good and the on screen instructions are very well done.
Can't recommend this game enough. If you like things like uncharted and batman arkham asylum/city you'll love this. The gameplay was like a mixture of these two games with the story of the 24 series mixed in.
GREAT FUN.......

Regarding delivery, it arrived nice and quick and in mint condition. No cracked box or anything like that.

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Breast Feeding Starter Kit
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Breast Feeding Starter Kit
Offered by ZERO TO FIVE

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but expected better, 23 Dec 2011
These serve their purpose but they are not the best bottles I've used. I have used Avent's bottles before with my previous child and was much happier. The problem with the tommee tippee ones is that as the baby suck the teat tends to get sucked up into the bottle so every so often you have to take the bottle out of the babies mouth to let air back into the bottle for the teat to go back into place. Not the best system. Just my thoughts. They bottle has a little rubber valve that is supposed to prevent that kind of thing happening. I have checked the valve to make sure there is a hole there and there is so I think this is a bit of a design flaw myself but I'm no expert....

Page: 1 | 2