Profile for Dave S > Reviews

Dave S

BT Call Reminder
BT Call Reminder

5.0 out of 5 stars Every phone should have one!, 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: BT Call Reminder (Electronics)
This is a remarkable little device and is real value for money.

Installation is simplicity itself and only takes a moment. There are no instructions provided (or needed) and a sticker on the box clearly states that you should contact your telephone provider as you need to have Caller ID active on your line.

The device does not block unwanted calls but it has a clear display showing the number of your caller or if the call is "International" (more often than not a call centre) or "Number withheld," leaving you the choice of whether to answer or ignore.

A very useful feature is that the Call Reminder displays the last number that called you. This comes into its own when the phone rings as you are hanging out the washing or in the bath. There is a New Message alert but so far nobody has left me any!

The unit requires three AAA batteries (not included with mine.)

Tremendously useful and highly recommend.

White Tiger [DVD]
White Tiger [DVD]
Dvd ~ Karen Shakhnazarov

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like war films..., 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: White Tiger [DVD] (DVD)
White Tiger is a very well made war film with supernatural overtones. The acting, uniforms and hardware used in the film are very convincing and there's no shortage of action. It one of the best war films I've seen in a while.

The film is in Russian with English subtitles but this does not detract in any way from the film.

If you like foreign war films then I recommend White Tiger.

Layout Index
Layout Index
by Jim Krause
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter found it invaluable., 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Layout Index (Flexibound)
I got this book for my daughter to use in her college media course. The book is a great source of layout and design ideas and suitable for use in desktop publishing, an subject she was struggling with.

My daughter found the book invaluable and feels it contributed towards her passing the course.

CPR 1200 Number Capacity Nuisance Call Blocker - Grey
CPR 1200 Number Capacity Nuisance Call Blocker - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars I wonder how I managed without it!, 19 Aug 2013
I installed the CPR Call Blocker a couple of days ago. The installation is simple, it only takes a moment and the instruction book is well written and easy to follow. There is a Helpline number in the manual

Since installing the blocker I haven't had a single nuisance call. (I was getting at the very least one a day.) If a call should get through there is a "Block Now" button on the top of the device which should cut the caller off and prevent them getting through again..

I'm very pleased with the CPR Call Blocker and recommend it to anyone as a way of dealing with unwanted call centres, survey and insurance callers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2013 10:19 AM BST

Heldenkampf in Stalingrad (DVD)VL [Import germany]
Heldenkampf in Stalingrad (DVD)VL [Import germany]
Offered by M & L UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not what I thought it would be., 19 Aug 2013
I admit my German is rusty through lack of use, hence the German film. Based on my understanding of the title I was expecting a film about heroes of Stalingrad.

Having watched it I am at a loss as to where Stalingrad comes into it! There are a few minutes of action at the start of the film, thereafter it follows the adventures of three rather less than heroic Russian soldiers hiding out on a farm.

The film is in German and the English subtitles were at times a little inaccurate, as if they had been translated by a machine.

Although the film was not at all what I was expecting based on the title and DVD cover art, I did enjoy it.

If you like all action foreign language war films then perhaps this is not for you.

The Healthy Portion Plate
The Healthy Portion Plate
Offered by The Healthy Portion Plate

5.0 out of 5 stars It works for me., 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Healthy Portion Plate
I discussed using a portion plate with my dietician before purchasing one and I am using it alongside professional dietary advice as a part of a strict diet. I found during my next routine appointment after I started using the plate that I had lost weight for the first time in ages.

Prior to using this plate I was faithfully weighing every item of food I ate, I have disciplined myself to use this plate instead and in my case it seems to be working.

I do stress that I am using the plate in conjunction with advice from a professional dietician.

Faithfull BATH Plasterers Bath 4ft x 2ft x 1ft
Faithfull BATH Plasterers Bath 4ft x 2ft x 1ft

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes an excellent dog bath!, 19 Aug 2013
I brought this solely for a dog! My bath was removed to make way for a disabled shower, which deprived the dog of a major source of entertainment. This bath fits perfectly into the shower and has provided the dog with hours of fun.

The material is quite rigid and strong but is light in weight. The lip around the top of the bath is just flexible enough to be manoeuvred into the shower without any problems.

I'm not a plasterer so I can't comment on it's suitability as a plasterers bath. That said, the bath as proved excellent for the purpose for which it was purchased.