Profile for L. Stubbs > Reviews

Content by L. Stubbs

L. Stubbs (Cheshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Back in the Saddle (Jessica Brodie Diaries Book 1)
Back in the Saddle (Jessica Brodie Diaries Book 1)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars What a nice surprise.....:), 16 July 2014
I downloaded this after reading the Darkness series and Chosen, it's not my normal type of read but thought I'd give it a go after enjoying the others by the same author. I'm so glad I did :)

This series had me howling with laughter, my husband thought I was nuts! It's been a long time since a book made me laugh like that. It's also had me crying & gasping throughout the series, such an emotional roller coaster.

This series is defiantly worth a read even if like me there not your normal read, K.F. Breene has been added to my fav author list.

Un.Requited (Claimed Series #1)
Un.Requited (Claimed Series #1)
Price: 2.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Un.Bridled better than expected, 11 Nov 2013
I downloaded this book not really expecting it to be great and just to pass the time....how wrong I was, I was totally engrossed.

The story starts with Hayden who's having a hard time controlling her emotions after being bitten one night. Hayden meets someone who provides her with answers and a meeting with an alpha unfortunately the alpha wants to kill her (good guy) whilst another turns up to claim her (bad guy), thankfully Cole the alpha doesn't kill her but takes her to live with his pack.

Hayden really develops through the book starting off quite angry then very dimensional compassionate and head strong, her relationship with the pack and Cole grows and is very sweet.

This book is a different take on werewolves than I've read before and a bit darker but a very good read.

Realm Walker
Realm Walker
Price: 1.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprised :), 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Realm Walker (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded Realm Walker on Kindle and must say I was very pleasantly surprised. I'm struggling to find books to read lately so took a punt on this to fill in some time.

This book had me gripped from the start and doesn't let up on the action, Juliana is a good strong female lead. Although there is a relationship between Juliana and Thomas at the center of the story it doesn't dominate it and I'm looking forward to see it develop in the next book. We get to meet other characters briefly who I would like to see more of in the future such as James and Sara. Kathleen Collins has written a great start to a new series and I will defiantly be keep my eye out for book 2

I think readers of Ilona Andrews would like this book.

Archangel's Legion: A Guild Hunter Novel
Archangel's Legion: A Guild Hunter Novel
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic 5 stars *****, 7 Nov 2013
I've waited so long for this book and it was well worth the wait :)

The direction these books are taking us keeps you on the edge of your seat. Elena really comes into her own in this book, her love for Raphael is breath taking and her role as consort grows. We also get to delve deeper into the mind of Elena' s father.

I really hope Nalini Singh gets back to concentrating on Elena and Raphael for while, I've not read the previous books with members of the seven as I love our main characters and want to see them develop first but definitely feel like I've missed something by not reading them.

Blood Rebellion: Blood Destiny, Book 7
Blood Rebellion: Blood Destiny, Book 7
Price: 1.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood destiny book 7, 20 Sep 2013
You've got to love Lissa, she kicks butt in this the 7th book of the blood destiny series.

As usual with Connie Suttle she has us laughing, crying, sad & happy in this book and I'm very excited to be reading about my favourite werewolf again :)

Blood Love (God Wars Book 4)
Blood Love (God Wars Book 4)
Price: 3.29

5.0 out of 5 stars God wars book 4, 17 Sep 2013
Connie Suttle continues her God wars series with book 4 and in keeping with her other books is brilliant. If your new to the series I would recommend you start with the blood destiny series.

All of my fav characters are included although some I'd like to see more than other ;) this book felt very fast paced with lots of action and a massive ending which blew me away! I'm hoping Connie will write another series including the shock, gasp, how, didn't see that coming character from the end as I would love to read his story, sorry trying not to give anything away but you should know who I mean ;)

I can't wait for the next book, thank you Connie x

Blood Revolution (God Wars, #3)
Blood Revolution (God Wars, #3)
Price: 3.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Mother of all cliff hangers :), 31 July 2013
Connie suttle does it again......

I devoured this book quickly as I usual do with these series and have been left with a lump in my throat wow I need the next book NOW ;)

Blood Wager: Blood Destiny, Book 1
Blood Wager: Blood Destiny, Book 1
Price: 1.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood Wager 5*, 15 Jun 2013
This book follows Lissa's story after she walks into a bar after her husband's death and ends up a vampire. Lissa tries her best to find her way in her new life but is hunted and used by the various supernatural communities, she also meet some great friends.

Blood Wager has you laughing, crying, gasping throughout the book, The whole series is excellent and I can't recommend them enough.

Blood Trouble (God Wars, Book 2)
Blood Trouble (God Wars, Book 2)
Price: 3.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Gasp.....Argghhh......Wow, 14 Jun 2013
I've really been looking forward to this book and it didn't disappoint :)

Each book I've read just gets better and better, there's not many authors that can keep that going series after series which is why Connie is my favourite.

Blood Trouble keeps us guessing over Breanne past until the last section of the book which has such an amazing ending I'm not sure how I'm going to manage the wait for the next book.

Blood Double (God Wars, Book 1)
Blood Double (God Wars, Book 1)
Price: 3.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible :), 3 May 2013
OMG Connie Suttle you are amazing.

It feels like I've been waiting for this book for ages, it wasn't due to be released till May. To my delight when checking Connie' s Facebook found it had been released early, downloaded it yesterday and finished it today......yes it's that good :)

Lissa, Ashe, Reah and co are all together in this book which is fantastic and I can't wait for book 2

Page: 1 | 2 | 3