Profile for user with heavy demands > Reviews

Content by user with heav...

user with heavy demands

Sony Xperia Z SIM-free Android Smartphone - White
Sony Xperia Z SIM-free Android Smartphone - White
Offered by AllTheMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars wow so pleased I didn't get an s3, 23 Mar 2013
I love this phone, the camera is mind-blowing for a phone camera and the results from its tiny sensor are amazing. The screen quality is great with realistic colours etc. However, one of the best unexpected bonuses is that you can uninstall all the rubbish that comes with it (of which there isn't much to start with). This means I can actually use it's storage for what I want which I couldn't very easily with other manufacturers. Sony's take on android is lightweight and very fast and the developer support from sony is actually pretty good as I discovered with my old phone (xperia arc) with tutorials on the website for unlocking your boot-loader should you want to (although voiding warranty). Waterproofing feature is also very good and surprisingly useful and build quality is far superior to the plasticy looks of the s3 among others.

Asus Eee PC 1011PX 10.1 inch Netbook (Intel Atom N570 1.66 GHz, RAM 1GB, HDD 320GB, Windows 7 Starter) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 21 Oct 2011
I'm so impressed with this netbook, I opted for the one with the n570 processor with a 320gb hard drive, I also bought 2gb of ram and the windows 7 home premium upgrade.

I've thrown just about everything at it since setting it up, it can manage photoshop elements 9 with only a slight slowdown (although not sure how it would manage with huge raw files or tiffs but 14mp are fine). I am very pleased with the speed of the internet on it (considering my rubbish broadband)with google chrome it is actually faster than my core2duo laptop with 3gb of ram.

Battery life is definately not 11 hours but are they ever what they say they are? However, I think I can probably get about 6-7 hours out of it with only browsing, although writing this it's giving me just over 4hrs with 55% remaining.

I also consider the build quality to be excellent and there is no flex in the keyboard with the matte screen making everything easier and the screen resolution can go up to 1024*768 which although distorts text, definitely makes it more compatible.

The chiclet keyboard is excellent and the mousepad is enormous, being the same size as my 15.6" laptop.

Overall, after months of research, I have a fantastic netbook with plenty of power for my needs.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2011 3:51 PM GMT