Profile for Mr. Dennis Hannar > Reviews

Content by Mr. Dennis Hannar

Mr. Dennis Hannar (England)

Metz Cree Cock Neck Fly Fishing Tying Material (Grade 1)
Metz Cree Cock Neck Fly Fishing Tying Material (Grade 1)
Offered by TheFlyLine
Price: 69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product as good, or even better than expected., 7 Sep 2013
I opened this item on arrival and was instantly impressed with the quality of the neck cape. I have been a fly tier/fisherman for nearly fifty years, and also a pro competition tier for some twenty years, and in that time I have purchased an awful lot of materials of one type or another, including a lot of neck capes and saddles. This item was even better than I had expected, and was worth every penny. A large, plump cape with excellent marking and very many perfect feathers for the small sizes of flies which I tie quite a lot of. Anyone thinking of sourcing a supplier of quality capes I would highly recommend this seller, and will certainly be doing business with again. Well worth five stars in any review.

Hama Cable Release For Digital Cameras
Hama Cable Release For Digital Cameras
Price: 14.07

1.0 out of 5 stars expensive tat., 17 April 2012
I knew from first seeing the item in the box it was just what I wanted. Imagine my surprise when I removed it from it's packaging and found it does not work. I pushed the plunger so to speak, but that was it; locked solid. This is a cheap item with shoddy workmanship, the kind you would expect for a pound or two, but at this price it just is not justifyable at all. I will certainly be wanting my money back, it is not worth ordering. Total rubbish I am afraid.

Ex-Pro 55mm UV Multi Coated Protector Lens Filter, Compatible with any 55mm Lens, Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Sigma, Olympus, Panasonic, Tokina, Tamron, Leica, Sony & More...
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars ex pro filter lens, 21 Mar 2012
A cheap, but very usable item. Why pay silly money when you can get something at this price that works just as well. Recommended.

Sakuma Ice (Clear) Crystal Fishing Line - 4oz - Breaking Strain: 10lb (0.26mm = 1800m)
Offered by Fishing Tackle Store
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars first rate, 12 Oct 2011
This co-polymer clear fishing line is a first class product. In fact it is excellent for fly fishing leaders. The only problem I have with this product is living long enough to use it all; (1800mtrs)@ one mtr. per season; Assuming you don't get broken?. It does what it says on the box which is a good thing, and the advertisement is spot on. No worries with this trader either. Speedy delivery, well packaged and no fuss or bother. If it was available in smaller breaking strains of say 3,4 or 5lb. then I would be after more. 11.00 for 1800mtrs of co-polymer line including P&P is a great bargain. Try it!

Komputerbay 16GB (4 X 4GB) DDR3 DIMM (240 pin) 1600Mhz PC3 12800 16 GB KIT (9-9-9-25)

5.0 out of 5 stars good enough, 30 July 2011
For a start, this company sems sound to deal with. I made a mistake with my order, so contacted them about it. I wanted the stcks minus heat spreaders as I was fitting custom coolers. When I contacted the company about this, they were very he3lpfull. No fuss or bother, I had the re-placement sticks within a week. I would be happy to deal with this company again.

Whiting Hen Cape Furnace
Whiting Hen Cape Furnace

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality for the price., 16 Mar 2011
This review is from: Whiting Hen Cape Furnace (Misc.)
Anyone thinking of buying a new cape should think seriously about these before making up you mind. Good quality cape for the price, when you compare with other capes of this kind.

Defender of the Imperium (Ciaphas Cain)
Defender of the Imperium (Ciaphas Cain)
by Sandy Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars unputdownable, 4 Dec 2010
If you never read another book in your life, you have just got to read this one. Ciaphas Cain is an experience not to be missed. This series of books by Sandy Mitchell is a thoroughly good romp through the world of Warhammer, with the most outragiouse hero ever to be put into print. I have at home, and have read each and every one of the Cyphas Cain books, and will continue to be thoroughly entertained by them. I eagerly await any new Cain book with anticipation, and know that I will certainly not be let down by this series. I give five stars to this book, and would give more if I could. More please Mr Mitchell.

Fly Fishing And Fly Tying [DVD]
Fly Fishing And Fly Tying [DVD]
Offered by HallBankMedia
Price: 7.80

2.0 out of 5 stars More Bob Carnhill, 6 July 2010
Buyer beware! This is yet another re-hash of Mr Carnhill as in Fly fishing & Tying, intermediate & Advanced. The only change on this disc is an extra bit stuck on. Both discs are from old vidio tapes of Bob Carnhill's which are showing sighns of age by now. If you have never had any of Bob's tapes, then this dvd set is for you, but keep off the other one as it is only the same dvd without the extra bit. Why do both discs have covours which have nothing to do with the contents, and no place do they even hint at the true contents A-La Messres Carnhill. I got stung, make sure you don't.

Fly Fishing And Fly Tying - Intermediate And Advanced Techniques [DVD]
Fly Fishing And Fly Tying - Intermediate And Advanced Techniques [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fly Fishing & Fly Tying
Offered by becksdvds-co-uk
Price: 9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars not as it seems, 30 Jun 2010
A good series of films when they were first released. Bob Carnhill fishing and tying flies through the months of the year. This is a re-hash of these fims under a new covour, which has nothing to do with what is the actual contents. Check before you buy on this one.

The Spook's Curse: Book 2 (The Wardstone Chronicles)
The Spook's Curse: Book 2 (The Wardstone Chronicles)
by Joseph Delaney

4.0 out of 5 stars The Spooks Curse, 8 Feb 2010
This series of books by Joseph Delany are good entertainment, and keep the pages turning. Buyer Beware!!!! The Last Apprenice (curse of the bane), is a differant book with a differant tital but is in fact the same book. I was cought out with this, make sure you are not. Also beware the book, The Spooks Mistake, and the book The Last Apprentice (wrath of the bloodeye). Again, the same story, but under a differant title and covour.