ARRAY(0xa010f048)

Profile for PJJ McGEE > Reviews

Content by PJJ McGEE

PJJ McGEE (Newcastle, N. Ireland)

Doyle: The Greatest Hurling Story Ever Told
Doyle: The Greatest Hurling Story Ever Told
by John Harrington

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best GAA book I have read., 18 Dec 2012
I have read virtually all of the GAA biographies and autographies and this is the best I have read. Excellently written by a passionate author, it offers an insight into the social history of rural Ireland from the 40's onwards as well as recalling the unrelenting physicality of the great hurling encounters of that era. Littered with anecdotes which are both amusing and so relevant to the pictures which are being painted in our minds, I would highly recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in Irish sport.

Snugg iPad 4 & 3 Case in Black Leather - Flip Cover and Stand with Automatic Wake / Sleep, Elastic Hand Strap & Soft Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior to Protect Apple iPad 4 & 3 - Includes Lifetime Guarantee
Offered by TheSnugg
Price: 59.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Topclass iPad case from Amazon, 30 May 2012
Before actually purchasing a new iPad I read reviews on every possible iPad case for practicality and price and this Snugg iPad 3 case came out on top. I bought the case from Amazon at a very reasonable price and it complements my new iPad so well. It is hardwearing, protects the iPad from daily abuse, has several useful features such as automatic sleep and looks very well. I would highly recommend this case to anyone.

Jack Wolfskin Electron black (Size: L) Softshell jacket
Jack Wolfskin Electron black (Size: L) Softshell jacket

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lightweight Jack Wolfskin jacket from Amazon, 30 May 2012
I have been looking for a lightweight soft-shell jacket for some time. Most soft-shell jackets are good for winter wear but much too heavy for the warm summer weather. I bought an Electron jacket last year but was not happy with the cut of the jacket. Jack Wolfskin have now updated this and the new Electron jacket is a very comfortable fit - lightweight, windproof and ideal for summer evenings when there might be a light breeze. The material seems different to that used in the previous edition and I would highly recommend this jacket for spring/summer/early autumn wear.

Timex Ironman Full Size Modern Dual Tech 50 Lap T5K402
Timex Ironman Full Size Modern Dual Tech 50 Lap T5K402
Price: 50.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Top-class timepiece for a sportsperson, 7 Jun 2011
I purchased this Timex Gents Watch Modern Dual Tech T5K402 recently and I am very pleased with the watch. A couple of years ago I purchased a Timex T5E361 which is a similiar watch and was excellent for my job as a P.E. teacher. I had a problem with the backlight and when I sent it to Timex they exchanged it for a dark coloured dial version of the same watch. I never liked this new watch as I found difficulty in reading the time with the dark face and I decided to purchase the T5K402 which is really an updated version of the original watch. The time is easy to read with white/silver dial and the minute & hour hands are now transparent so that the digital stopwatch can be clearly read at all times. The watch is rather chunky but is still very appealing. I am involved in coaching Gaelic football and I find the analogue/digital combination very useful indeed. I would highly recommend this watch to anyone involved in timing sporting events either as an official or as a participant.

Timex Gents Analogue & Digital Strap Watch T5E361
Timex Gents Analogue & Digital Strap Watch T5E361

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb all-round watch, 16 April 2009
As a P.E. teacher I find that this is a superb all-round watch for my job. The watch looks very well and is so practical. You can use it for timing activities during class or for football matches but, unlike an all-digital display watch, you are able to keep an eye on the actual time as well so that you don't allow a class to finish late. Having owned a number of these types of watches in the past, I would thoroughly recommend this model to anyone, especially those involved in physical activity.

Streets of Laredo
Streets of Laredo
by McMurty

5.0 out of 5 stars McMurty strikes gold again, 21 Jan 2008
This review is from: Streets of Laredo (Hardcover)
Having read Lonesome Dove and Dead Man's Walk, I was afraid that this book would not live up to expectations but I found it to be absolutely absorbing from cover to cover. Yes, there were stark descriptions of cruelty, indeed evil, but the west at that time was a cruel and evil place so McMurty was only describing reality. I thoroughly enjoyed the book.