Profile for Ms Marple > Reviews

Content by Ms Marple

Ms Marple (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fear Of Money (DCI Victor Moyes Book 5)
Fear Of Money (DCI Victor Moyes Book 5)

1.0 out of 5 stars BADLY TYPESET, 9 Jan. 2015
Unable to read this book as the word at the end of every line is missing.

By Any Means [DVD]
By Any Means [DVD]
Dvd ~ Warren Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a brilliant series, which I thoroughly enjoyed, 4 Oct. 2014
This review is from: By Any Means [DVD] (DVD)
This was a brilliant series, which I thoroughly enjoyed. However I have heard rumours that the BBC are not going to a commission a 2nd series - which I feel is a big mistake. I would advise anybody who likes crime drama to buy this series and then make your feelings known to the BBC; we need more great programmes like this.

Live At The Sydney Opera House
Live At The Sydney Opera House

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Music, 16 Aug. 2014
I saw Burt Bacharach at the Royal Festival Hall in July 201, a great evening featuring many of his wonderful songs. This CD is practically the same running order as the London concert and I wanted to re-live the evening over and over again. The 3 vocalists have lovely voices and did credit to the various songs they sang. Mr Bacharach is truly a brilliant composer and musician.

Open Sesame
Open Sesame

5.0 out of 5 stars Great version of this classic tune, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Open Sesame (MP3 Download)
Brit jazz-funk group Beggar & Co at their funkiest best on this cover of the old Kool & the Gang song. If you like your music soulful and funky featuring real instruments, you'll enjoy hearing this song.

Moon Flower (feat. Alice Ricciardi)
Moon Flower (feat. Alice Ricciardi)

5.0 out of 5 stars Soulful, 14 Jan. 2014
I heard this song once on the radio and had to track it down to go in my collection. I would describe it as nu-jazz/soul, the female vocalist has a lovely voice and there is plenty of real instruments too - unlike a lot of today's so called "music" which is just manufactured noise. Being on the Schema label this song is a clear winner with me. Listen and enjoy!

A Touch of Cloth [DVD]
A Touch of Cloth [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jim O'Hanlon

5.0 out of 5 stars Non stop laughter, 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: A Touch of Cloth [DVD] (DVD)
After seeing the second series on tv recently I had to get myself a copy of the first series. This is my type of humour - along the lines of the film Airplane - there being funny things in the background and play on words that you may not even notice on the first time of watching. Example - DI Anne Oldman visits Cloth's house for the first time, as he opens door to her she says Anne Oldman to see you, he looks all around for an old man. Silly but funny. Watch and enjoy :-)

The Billposter's Bucket: Viz Annual 2013 (Annuals 2013)
The Billposter's Bucket: Viz Annual 2013 (Annuals 2013)
by Viz

5.0 out of 5 stars Rude, silly but a damn good read, 4 Sept. 2013
I bought this for my brother (as I do every xmas) - and he can be heard roaring with laughter all over xmas and new year. I haven't read the whole book, but I love the tips section - some of the tips are so silly but will have you in stitches.

If you want adult themed laughter, this book is for you.

The World According to Bob: The further adventures of one man and his street-wise cat
by James Bowen

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Bob, 4 Sept. 2013
What can I say that hasn't already been said? A wonderful story of friendship and survival between one man and his adopted cat. Without Bob James may never have got off drugs and the street; without James Bob may not have survived much longer living as a stray.

A heartwarming continuation of their journeys together, one man and his cat.

If you love cats (or any animal) you must buy this book.

Cruzer Fit 32 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-032G-B35)
Cruzer Fit 32 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-032G-B35)

5.0 out of 5 stars Size isn't everything, 4 Sept. 2013
I bought this, after reading various reviews, to use in my car radio. It is small - smaller than I had imagined - and fiddly to get out of both the radio and my pc, but I get round this by using a pair of pliers to hold onto it. I have copied hundreds of mp3s onto it so far and this process takes a matter of seconds. I can't quite get my head round the fact that something so small can hold thousands of songs.

I am more than happy with this item.

Thunder Island
Thunder Island
Offered by petespick

4.0 out of 5 stars Jazzy and enjoyable, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Thunder Island (Audio CD)
I mainly bought this album for the track True Lovers (which is a vocal track), which I heard for the first time on the radio recently and wanted to have in my collection. The rest of the album is quite pleasant and jazzy and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys this sound.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3