Profile for Abbie > Reviews

Content by Abbie

Abbie

Bloodlines: The Fiery Heart (book 4)
Bloodlines: The Fiery Heart (book 4)
by Richelle Mead

4.0 out of 5 stars Simmering firework, 6 Feb. 2014
As always with amazon it arrived in good time and condition.

As for the book, it is written with all Richelle Mead's brilliance and artistry keeping you hooked through the differnt things going on in Sydney's life. The chapters from Adrian's point of veiw were all really good giving you a great insight into who the mind of a spirit user suffers and I think thay was the most interesting part of the whole book, even though it's not supposed to be the main focus.

I fleet the mind focuses - strigoi cure thing, and the ending which I won't ruin - were a little anticlimatic. I thought there'd be a greater snse of amazement with the cure and the ending I could see coming almost a mile off.

Still I think it was a good book, but maybe now I'm getting a little too old for the series (I'm 21) but there was enough in there with Adrian to keep me reading and knowing that the next one is going to reveal more of the corruption within the alchemist ranks.

Fury's Kiss
Fury's Kiss
by Karen Chance

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book!, 22 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Fury's Kiss (Paperback)
I've read all the other Karen Chance books, even the stuff she posts online so I'm a bit of a fan. In this latest installment you learn about Dory's past and it is all amazingly written as always. Complicated as usual too, but brilliant. It arrived in good time and in perfect condition.

Frostbite: A Vampire Academy Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy Graphic Novels (Quality Paper))
by Richelle Mead

5.0 out of 5 stars Chillingly Thrilling, 24 Jun. 2012
I've always been dubious about graphic novels, then then I can be a bit of a book snob. My doubts came with "there aren't as many words of pages so how can they justify being the same price as a novel?" Well, I just found out.

So the paper's high quality so that probably accounts for the price in part. What truly amazed me is the drawing. It's captivating and super good and definitely worth it. So yeah, not everything that is said in the novel is said in the graphic novel, but you still get the overall sense of what's happening and, just like in a film, everything that is truly important and integral to the story line is put in and clearly expressed with not just the words that are put down but in the expressions of the characters who really do look lie I imagined them.

Totally awesome and so glad I brought it. If you liked the novels you just have to get these!

Death's Mistress
Death's Mistress
by Karen Chance

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellently Entertaining!, 24 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Death's Mistress (Paperback)
I've been looking for this book in shops for ages and then decided that Amazon was the only way to get it and... Wow was I thrilled with the book. As funny and energetic as all of Karen Chance's other books it doesn't fail to please. What I love about the books is that Dory is a very strong lead character who doesn't take any nonsense from anyone and isn't afraid to let people know who's boss. As strong as she is she does have weaknesses - desiring her father's approval and for him to not tell lies to her and, of course, the French dualling master Louis-Cesar. With Louis-Cesar comes lots of sexy smuttiness that is just pure poetry.

This installment of the Dorina Basarab series sees Claire bring a bouncing baby heir to the fey throne over to Earth, fights over a magical rune, Louis-Cesar fighting to save his old mistress Christine and the detail of the turmoil of the magical world is brought into focus more clearly than it is in the Cassie Palmer series, another reason why I love this series. Not only that the Consul gets a pretty awesome scene too! Loved reading that one in particular as it really brings her personality forward.

'Daddy' gets protective, things get destroyed and all round Dory destruction happens in this fast paced novel that will not fail to impress, stop your heart and yearn for more. If you liked the rest of Chance's books get this one.

Fast, funny, ferocious. A must have buy. It certainly made my weekend!