Profile for D. Armstrong > Reviews

Content by D. Armstrong

D. Armstrong (Northern Ireland)

Sennheiser PC350 G4ME Corded Gaming Noise Cancelling Stereo Headset - Black/Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit, 9 Feb 2010
I've went through a fair number of headsets over the years. With most, the connections went, static appeared in the Mic or ear-piece, or they just started to fall apart. This time I decided to spend money on a high end headset with the hope of getting more from it. I'm not disappointed.

The PC350, is solid, fits well (for me at least), has a fantastic Mic, simple solid inline controls, and sounds really really good.

I read a ton of reviews on the headsets I was considering and the negative that stands out is the bass. I would agree that this does not boom like my old Fatal1ty headset, but I actually don't care that it doesn't. I like the sound this headset produces, it's crisp and clean. It is not devoid of bass, it just seems to produce it less often. My favourite types of music fall into the Dance genre: DnB, Breaks, Dubstep. All these sound fantastic through this headset, but there are times I wish I could crank up the volume a notch more.

The cabling on the headset is rubberised and this has helped me to avoid having to untwist the headset each time I want to us it.

My only real gripe is the padding used around the ear piece. Its a kind of vinyl. Its lighter than the same covering used on my HD 280s and they are comfortable, but its the fact that there is no moisture wicking from these, that means that they need a wipe every now and then. I liked the style of padding used in the Fatal1ty headset, its the best I've used yet.

On the side of comfort, the headset is light, and the ear piece covers your whole ear. The noise attenuation is great and i don't hear the buzz from my noisy case fans.

Was it worth the money? I would say yes. From the moment you remove the headset from its packaging you can tell what a quality piece of hardware you have just bought. I place this headset among my favourite gadgets that I own.