Profile for Peter Stokes > Reviews

Peter Stokes

Page: 1 | 2
Philex - 27742R -  Indoor Amplified DAB Aerial
Philex - 27742R - Indoor Amplified DAB Aerial

1.0 out of 5 stars ... read the reviews on here before I bought this useless piece of junk, 2 Sept. 2014
I truly wish I'd read the reviews on here before I bought this useless piece of junk. I plugged it into my Sony DAB receiver and couldn't get Planet Rock to save my life so I tried it in our Roberts DAB radio that receives PR very well and lo and behold zipp, nada, squat. Unfortunately the packaging has now been thrown. Don't waste your money it's a useless piece of junk!!!

WD My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage NAS - 4 TB
WD My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage NAS - 4 TB

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 27 Aug. 2014
I bought this at the end of August and followed the instructions to the letter, after about an hour it was all working fine. I managed to load all of my photos and there they were. So now I sorted out the two iPhones and an iPad, again no problems, great thought I, I even logged in from a MacDonald's near Portsmouth (I live in Worthing)the following morning and hey presto there they all were, a bit slow but there they were. That was as good as it got, now two weeks later I cannot access the thing from anywhere except my home wifi, all I get is 'Device offline', I even tried going in via the internet at work, all I get is 'server not accessed try again later'. I have tried everything I know, even reset it all, still nothing. I've tried contacting WD and they don't bother responding and unfortunately the forums I've tried seem to assume everyone has a degree in rocket science, I'm not thick but I don't understand a word of what they say. To produce a product that quite clearly has serious operating and setup problems is very poor form and to back that up with absolutely no customer service is just plain wrong. I'm now thinking that I'll cut my losses and send it back and simply buy another hard drive. Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. I only gave it one star because so far it's not managed to lose my data.
My advice is don't buy this product, it's not fit for purpose and WD don't seem to bothered about giving sensible help and simply doesn't do what it says on the tin!!!

Update:- It's now on its way back to Amazon as it crashed totally this afternoon. I'll let you know how the replacement works.

Out Of Sight Bracket for the Apple TV
Out Of Sight Bracket for the Apple TV
Offered by GOBUDi

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 26 Jan. 2014
The product description says you can place this on the back of the TV 'out of sight'. Well they were right about that, you can, pity the remote was totally useless unless there was line of sight. Complete waste of money, it's now in the bin!

Gaggia Carezza Deluxe Espresso coffee Machine - RI8525/08
Gaggia Carezza Deluxe Espresso coffee Machine - RI8525/08
Offered by Shockbuy srl

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 10 Jan. 2014
We bought this machine just before Christmas 2013 to replace the Dualite product that gave up the ghost after less than two years. We went with Gaggia due to their name and reputation, I wish now we hadn't. The machine was easy to set up and worked fine until this morning. I put the filter arm in and noticed that it refused to 'spring' back to it's central position, no amount of gentle persuasion of pushing or pulling would get it to spring back. Anyway I then decided to make some coffee and address this matter later, sadly I could hear noises from inside the machine that I hadn't heard before and hey presto no coffee was forthcoming. Tomorrow it's being returned and I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that machines for the home 'are built to fail' they just don't live up to the job. I've also found out that Gaggia are now part of Phillips, had I known that I would never have bought it as I don't like Phillips products as their quality control is shocking. Moving on..............
UPDATE The item was replaced without any quibble and the new one is working perfectly. Perhaps I may have been a little hasty, we'll see.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2014 8:48 PM BST

Def Leppard -Viva! Hysteria (Bluray) [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Def Leppard -Viva! Hysteria (Bluray) [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Def Leppard

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely shocking, 4 Jan. 2014
I've been a Def Leppard fan for more years than I care to remember. I have all of their earlier stuff right up to Adrenalize, that was when I thought they were losing that magic. I also have the Songs from the Sparkle Lounge which I confess I have only listened to twice as it was so poor. Then I saw them at Wembley (first time I'd seen them for many years)when they co-headlined with Whitesnake,(who blew the Leps clean back to Sheffield)after only 30 minutes we'd heard and seen enough, they were truly awful, so we left, along with hundreds of others.
When I saw this offering I read the reviews and thought well they can't all be wrong. I've just taken the disc off, it's absolutely shocking. Joe Elliott's vocals are flat (as they were at Wembley), the whole band were simply going through the motions, this actually reminded me of some cheesy cabaret act. I'm sorry but if they are reduced to this then they have lost a fan. I will always listen to their older stuff but as far I'm concerned Def Leppard are nothing but a pale imitation of that once brilliant band that I grew to love. This Bluray will be found a home somewhere else but it won't be in my collection! Hysteria is in my opinion one of the great rock albums, the way it's performed on this show is nothing more that a joke, it's that bad I'm angry for spending money on it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2014 8:35 AM BST

Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile On-Ear Headphones B&W - Ivory
Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile On-Ear Headphones B&W - Ivory

3.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, but....., 6 Nov. 2013
My wife bought me a set of these for my recent birthday, to say I was chuffed to ninepence would be an under statement. I have paired them with the Fiio E12 Mont Blanc and straight away the sound was amazing. As others have said I was hearing little bits on music I've listened to for years and not known was there. They can handle all types of music from classics to classic rock and metal. They are also quite comfortable to use for long periods.
But, they have one major flaw that will stop me using these on trains and aircraft and that is that my wife can hear exactly what I'm listening to as well if I have them on at anything over a whisper unless she is watching tv or something. Now I get really annoyed on transport if I have to listen to someone else's music so I will have to stick to my Sennheiser ear phones for use out of the home. Had I known this problem existed, (I wanted headphones to enable me to listen to my music without annoying my wife) I would have chosen the over ear P7's or something similar as it detracts from my enjoyment knowing that other people can hear exactly what I'm listening to.

Paradise(What About Us?)feat.Tarja
Paradise(What About Us?)feat.Tarja

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply sensational, 10 Oct. 2013
I bought this after seeing the video on YouTube (also downloaded). When you put the two undisputed queens of femme metal together the result is Paradise in more ways than one, they sound so right together and I hope it's not the last time Sharon and Tarja sing together, they are electric. This is a taster from the soon to released new Within Temptation cd and if this is a taste of what's to come then bring it on. I was wondering where WT would go after the brilliant Unforgiven and they have taken several steps forward if this song is anything to go by. Do yourself a favour and add this to your collection, you won't be disappointed.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2013 7:59 PM GMT

Jazooli Replacement High Capacity Battery with Tools for iPhone 4
Jazooli Replacement High Capacity Battery with Tools for iPhone 4

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong battery sent, 21 Aug. 2013
Not impressed that the battery they sent was the wrong one. The connection was nothing like the o/e battery that I took out of my wife's iPhone 4. Now I've got to the trouble of trying get a refund and find somewhere to get a new battery. Certainly won't be using this lot again. It's not that difficult to send the right item is it?

MES SCT003
MES SCT003
Offered by caraudiosecurityuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit., 9 Oct. 2012
This review is from: MES SCT003 (Electronics)
Just had a new Alpine head unit fitted to my C4 Picasso and promptly lost steering wheel controls. I asked them how must to sort the problem and they wanted £155, robbing bu**ers, tried to tell me the lead was over a £100! I bought one of these with the patch lead and hey presto in less time than it took to type this the problem was fixed. Total cost was £39.00. Recommended to regain steering wheel controls.

Vibe Slick 60 Car Speakers
Vibe Slick 60 Car Speakers
Offered by RadioWorld

4.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade, 30 Sept. 2012
I bought these as an upgrade from the factory fitted 'speakers' that are supplied with my C4 Picasso. They were easy to fit although there is a bit of work to make them fit the rear doors as the pots that are fitted aren't deep enough. A simple additional ring of 8mm MDB cut to fit took care of that. I also lined all foor doors with sound proofing and now I have a great sound in my car. I will be adding a small sub woofer when I can find one I like but these do have a fair amount of bass in them, I just want more. All in all well worth the cost. I would have given them 5 stars if they had just a bit more bass.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2013 3:50 PM BST