Profile for Rachel Crow > Reviews

Content by Rachel Crow

Rachel Crow

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice to look at, 16 Oct 2013
This is a lovely looking nag, but much smaller than I anticipated.
You can get a 13" macbook pro in it, but only just.
The handles are very short and you cannot hook this over your shoulder which will make it difficult when travelling abroad on business and needing to drag a case too.

It does however, feel pretty sturdy and looks lovely, but I question it's durability if used everyday.

Geox Women's D Yuki A White Moccasins D3255A43C1000 5 UK, 38 EU
Geox Women's D Yuki A White Moccasins D3255A43C1000 5 UK, 38 EU
Price: 80.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the hype, 14 Aug 2013
These shoes look great and yes at first they do indeed feel like wearing slippers, but do not be fooled by all the hype.
I bought these as a birthday treat for my long suffering feet knowing that I had two busy weekends ahead of me, one in London the other in Barcelona. After a couple of hours wandering around the London sights the shoes started to pinch at the base of my big toes. By the end of day two I was nursing numerous blisters and couldn't wait to kick them off on the long train journey home.
Furthermore, the quality is not what I would expect of something with this price tag. After just a couple of days in London the sole has started to come away from the upper and I haven't even been to Barcelona yet!
On the whole I was very disappointed with these, as I say they look great but, in all fairness they are no better than any other shoes of this nature.

How We Remember (Ever Mine Trilogy Book 1)
How We Remember (Ever Mine Trilogy Book 1)
Price: 1.96

4.0 out of 5 stars An honest book with real heart and soul, 12 July 2013
I don't usually write reviews - even of new authors - but in light of the negative comments posted on here recently I felt the need to redress the balance.

How We Remember is in essence a story of childhood friendship which blosoms into young love and broken hearts. However, this brief synopsis fails to do it justice.

As alternating chapters lead you through the past lives and present day encounters of a group of childhood friends you begin to feel like you know the characters personally. The detail of each friends' journey has been so carefully crafted with honesty and integrity to give them a realistic quality. And whilst some may think losing touch with the love of your life, forgetting an address at which you've only lived a few weeks or failing to trace them even with the help of a PI is improbable you have to remember this is fiction. If you want a realistic account of love and loss you're certainly barking up the wrong tree in the fiction section!

I have to say for me the true beauty of the book for me wasn't the plot or even the fact that I could relate to a number of events in the timeline it was the actual language used. The author has developed a lovely tone which is neither condescending nor patronising, a tricky art to master in this genre.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and found it was over too soon developing a strange sense of loss upon its completion. However, learning it is the first in a trilogy has bolstered my spirits and I look forward to reading how the characters develop.

Empty Chairs At Empty Tables
Empty Chairs At Empty Tables
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartfelt and earnest to the core, 24 Feb 2013
I have heard many versions of this song and none have moved me as much as Eddie Redmayne's. Whilst it is true his voice is not necessarily one of the strongest, it is his passion and pain that win out in this rendition.