Profile for Adam > Reviews

Content by Adam

Adam (Midlands, UK)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop - superb when combined with Vista, 6 Feb. 2007
I bought this recently to replace an ageing A series laptop that I've had for 5 years - it's been a faithful friend but desperately needed replacing to run modern software. The Pa1510 is in a different league. It's nice to be able to buy a computer magazine and actually be able to try the software on the free disks! I've loaded Office 2007 on there and it copes effortlessly with having large Excel and Word documents open at the same time - as well as other things such as anti-virus and firewall programs too. I've got this connected to my wireless router and the built in wireless feature seems to have a good range. The 120Gb of storage is more than adequate for my needs and is actually more than my 2 year old desktop has! The Dual Core AMD processor seems to run much cooler than my previous Pentium M, and works well with the ATI graphics. You probably wouldn't want to try and play the latest 3D games on it but I have tried an older version of Microsoft's Flight Simulator and been impressed with the results. I haven't had a go at video editing yet although there are ports to connect a camcorder so if that is something you're interested in that is catered for too. There's a DVD rewriter which also copies CDs (and it means you can use it as a portable DVD player if you're going on holiday or something). I can't believe what this laptop will do for the money. If you want to use mainly business programs and some games too, and be able to copy and watch DVDs (the built in speakers are surprisingly powerful) and use it wirelessly then this is perfect. You don't have to compromise on quality, this is really well made and the keyboard seems positive and comfortable even after long periods.

I really love the Vista operating system, I'm still exploring the interface but there are so many new features that I'm sure you'll love it. If you've been impressed by Mac operating systems (I've got a Mac at home but need a PC for work too) then you'll feel at home with this - the 'ribbon' interface is really intuitive and looks great. The fact that this is reputed to be Microsoft's most secure OS in a while can only be a good thing too. If you've never tried a Fujitsu Siemens product before then give it a go - in my experience the quality and performance of their products is on a par with anything I've seen from Dell or HP.