Profile for Di > Reviews

Content by Di

Di "Sherah" (Connah's Quay)

Page: 1 | 2
Notepad+
Notepad+
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars cool app, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Notepad+ (App)
Very good app enjoy the features, especially high lighting and different types of pens available. Great for making quick notes or detailed work.

Outlining Your Novel: Map Your Way to Success
Outlining Your Novel: Map Your Way to Success
Price: 3.06

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my Bibles on writing, 6 Mar 2014
This is such an informative book. I've managed to write a very sketchy linear outline of my novel because of reading this book. I've a long way to go to completion but I no longer have a black piece of paper in front of me. Instead I now have pages of rambling writing that hold the kernel to a fantasy story with hopefully, some sort of promise.

GSam Battery Monitor
GSam Battery Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars battery monitor, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: GSam Battery Monitor (App)
The battery monitor app does exactly what it says. Impressed with its functionality. It's free so an even better reason to use.

Mirrors of Albion
Mirrors of Albion

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing game!!!, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Mirrors of Albion (App)
This is one of the best hidden objects game I've played. Great story as well which makes the game even more interesting.

Clean Master - Free Optimizer
Clean Master - Free Optimizer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great app, 17 Jan 2014
Great app that does what it says and its free. I can clean up my kindle on a quick daily basis.

Assassin's Apprentice (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 1)
Assassin's Apprentice (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 1)
Price: 2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome read, 21 Nov 2013
This is an amazing epic fantasy read. I found it difficult to turn off my kindle at night. Live the characters and brill storyline. You will not be disappointed.

Magician (Riftwar Saga)
Magician (Riftwar Saga)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars magical, 21 Aug 2013
What an amazing book. Full of wonderful and believable characters. Don't pass this book by. Pick it up and jump straight in, you'll not be disappointed

Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy 2)
Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy 2)
by Deborah Harkness
Price: 8.86

3.0 out of 5 stars I've started so I'll finish, 9 Aug 2012
I thought ADOW was a great read although it did wander a bit. Unfortunately i found the same thing happening in this next installment of Diana and Matthew, but even more so. I will certainly read the final installment when it comes out only to find out exactly what happens to these characters.

Some parts of both books were sheer genius storytelling and I couldn't put them down but there were parts that felt like I was wading through treacle.

Maura's Game - Sequel to Dangerous Lady (Headline 2003)
Maura's Game - Sequel to Dangerous Lady (Headline 2003)
by Martina Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!! Fiction or reality???, 14 July 2012
I know this book has been out for a while but I've only just got round to reading it. This is partly due to the fact that I'd put off reading any of Martina Cole's books because of their graphic details. However, after taking the plunge with The Ladykiller, I became hooked.

Maura's Game is another gripping, page turner of a book. It's graphic and in places a horrific portrayal of gangland life. The story reads so realistic it's a scary thought that parts of it could actually be true.

The characters are fully rounded three-dimensional people. One minute I hated them, the next I wanted to throw my arms around them and give them a hug. However, there is always a couple of exceptions to the rule!!

When you pick up a Martina Cole book you know exactly what you are going to get: a brilliant read about the seedier side of life. That therein however, may lie the problem. Personally, I would find it difficult to read her books one after the other, since the characters and story lines would all merge into one. That said, when I do pick up a Martina Cole novel, I know I'm in for a darn good read that'll make my eyes ache.

PANDORA'S HELIX
PANDORA'S HELIX
Price: 3.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Page Turner, 6 July 2012
This review is from: PANDORA'S HELIX (Kindle Edition)
This was the first novel of Ken McClure that I have read and since then I've downloaded all of his other thrillers. Pandora's Helix was a riveting read with excellent characters and a plot that could very easily have a ring of truth about it. While there were a few grammatical errors in the kindle version, it didn't detract from the overall experience.

Page: 1 | 2