Profile for Mark H. Walker > Reviews

Content by Mark H. Walker

Mark H. Walker (UK)

Philips SHQ4200/10 ActionFit Washable Ultra Light Sports Headphones - Neckband (New for 2013)
Offered by THE MARKETPLACE

2.0 out of 5 stars Second faulty set and now out of warranty, 24 Oct. 2014
When they work they are great but my second pair has just broken today after 8 months use. The first pair lasted a bit less before being replaced by Amazon. Now I'm told that they are out of warranty and I'm livid. Both times one ear stops working and if you wiggle the cable close to the adaptor it works for a second. There is clearly a serious weakness close to the adaptor plug. I couldn't have been any more gentle with them and they look like new! Grrr.

Scholl Footcare -  Ball Of Foot Cushions
Scholl Footcare - Ball Of Foot Cushions
Offered by All Day Pharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for runners with mild metatarsalgia, 28 May 2013
I developed mild metatarsalgia after standing on a stone in racing flats. I found these better to use than the gel foot pads and enabled me to continue running while the injury healed.

Thermos Stainless Steel Classic Black Flask 0.5L
Thermos Stainless Steel Classic Black Flask 0.5L

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed within 2 months of purchase, 10 Feb. 2012
I bought this flask to use every work day for a cup of tea at 10 am and 1pm. It worked perfectly for about 6 to 8 weeks with the afternoon cup being almost as hot as the morning cup. However, without warning or slow decline the afternoon cup became cold and the morning one only luke warm. It appears that the rubber seal on the stopper is no longer air tight without any apparent damage.

I paid almost £10 for this flask while my wife bought a similar one from Tescos a week after I bought mine for £4. My wifes is still working perfectly 6 months later and I too have now bought the better cheaper one!

Microwave slippers for men Large 8-11 NAVY BLUE
Microwave slippers for men Large 8-11 NAVY BLUE
Offered by Amazing Health

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for an hour if you don't walk about, 23 Nov. 2011
These are ideal if you just want to keep your feet warm for an hour or so while watching TV. They are not great for walking around, especially on a wooden floor as they slip badly.

Medieval II: Total War - Gold Edition (PC DVD)
Medieval II: Total War - Gold Edition (PC DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game but hopeless AI, 23 Sept. 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is an enjoyable addition to the series but once again suffers from terrible AI.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Loud!, 23 Sept. 2010
This is a great alarm to wake anyone and everyone in a house from one room! I bought it for the vibration alarm as I didn't want to wake my partner before early morning runs. The vibration is too powerful (can't be adjusted) and shakes the entire bed and wakes here too. So although it's a great alarm I wouldn't recommend it for waking just one person.

Letter To A Christian Nation
Letter To A Christian Nation
by Sam Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Dec. 2007
This is brilliant little book. Sam Harris is a rational intellectual giant in a world full of delusion and superstition. I would heartily recommend this book to any Atheist, Agnostic or anyone who isn't quite sure what to believe. Be warned though, Sam Harris pulls no punches and hard lined religious people may be offended and even ashamed.