Profile for debcat68 > Reviews

Sex and the City: The Complete HBO Season 2 [DVD]
Sex and the City: The Complete HBO Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sarah Jessica Parker

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost great,just really good., 10 Feb 2004
I agree wholeheartedly with the reviewer from Glasgow, what a difference it would make if these episodes were in the correct order! All the other series have the episodes in chronological order why not series 2? Does anyone know why??? Apart from that major gripe the actual shows are sharp, smart, sexy, funny and painful. Not to mention the clothes!!!

Somewhere Only We Know
Somewhere Only We Know
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Piano poptastic!!!, 3 Feb 2004
This review is from: Somewhere Only We Know (Audio CD)
This is a pop song in the best tradition- haunting, melodic, rousing and just plain entertaining. It is simple and beautiful, makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Keane's 1st release on a major label. We are not worthy!

Mohawk
Mohawk

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic early!!!, 3 Dec 2003
This review is from: Mohawk (Paperback)
I found this book on one of my usual trawls through the cheap shelves in 1990 and I loved it so much I have reread it 4 times so far. I have bought it countless times as presents for friends and family, they love it too. Russo's writing gets better and better so if you're working backwards don't expect fireworks but on it's own this book stands proud.

Nobody's Fool
Nobody's Fool

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star book- touch of class, 3 Dec 2003
This review is from: Nobody's Fool (Paperback)
All of Richard Russo's books are wonderfully written and worthy of reading but the character "Sully" is one in a million, at least I hope so! You wouldn't want him as a father but he's a character you can't help liking, in fact you fall half in love with him in this tale. This is one of those books that tells us what we're really like and what we think we don't like. We are often wrong.

Straight Man
Straight Man

5.0 out of 5 stars His best book yet-pullitzer?, 3 Dec 2003
This review is from: Straight Man (Hardcover)
This is a typically wonderful Russo book, full of the love of comic human frailty and the understanding that some things "better left unsaid" are actually far better articulated and how! It is multi-layered and well worth a second and third read, a book forever.

Rain Dogs
Rain Dogs

5.0 out of 5 stars A Walk On The Wild Side, 11 Jan 2000
This review is from: Rain Dogs (Audio CD)
Tom Waits best and liveliest offering for my money. Although not without ballads, this is a sock it to 'em CD, even after 15 years. The man's talent is displayed in all it's glory with the music and the lyrics of these songs. Hear "9th and Hennepin" to understand what I mean. Whatever you do, listen to this recording, treat yourself.