Profile for Trader > Reviews

Content by Trader

Trader "danigreg2000" (Bucks, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Once upon Olympus (Cambridge Reading)
Once upon Olympus (Cambridge Reading)
by Jenny Koralek

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good and simple, 22 Mar. 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book with my son. The stories are very simple hence much easier to comprehend and remember. A lovely start to learning about Greek mythology.

My Stroke of Insight
My Stroke of Insight
by Jill Bolte Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent!!!!, 28 Mar. 2010
This review is from: My Stroke of Insight (Paperback)
Absolutely magnificent. Jill's experience is unbelievable, touching and an amazing insight into our brain and its abilities to work, operate and recover. A marvellous read.

8: Through the Cat-Flap (Books For Boys)
8: Through the Cat-Flap (Books For Boys)
by Ian Whybrow

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for children, at all!, 7 Sept. 2009
I cannot believe that in the product description, under review, it says 'These funny, inventive, high quality stories touch on subjects dear to boys' hearts...".
What for example having a father who is constantly drunk and who is going through a dark time (depression), who has other children from other wives and marries a woman 30 years younger... Are these subjects dear to boys' hearts?
My daughter was given this book to read when she started school on Thursday. She's 6 and a half and in year 2. The tone of the book is certainly not suitable for her age. She would never be able to get "the jokey" tone. Furthermore, she hasn't got a clue as to what drunken means. My husband has his glass of wine nearly every evening but that's about it. He's never been drunk!!!!! and should that have ever occured it would have certainly not gone down as "normal" or "ok" because he's depressed!
I can't believe there are publishers out there willing to publish this for children. My rating is ZERO STARS. The story has little to do with the twin sisters and the cat-flap and more about Thomas' family, their dark time, drinking problem, age difference and family disagreements (over the 30 year age gap).
AWFUL, TRULY AWFUL.

Cluedo
Cluedo
Offered by All We Ever Look For

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting game, 5 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Cluedo (Toy)
My son loves this game. He played it at school and so wanted it for Christmas. We've played over and over and we all seem to enjoy it. One has to keep an attentive eye on the game and write down all the clues and sometimes guess how the game is going by observing other players' game. Good fun and doesn't go on for ever.

Rush Hour Logic Game
Rush Hour Logic Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun!, 5 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Rush Hour Logic Game (Toy)
My son received this as a Christmas present and he loves it. He shares it with his brother (10) and sister (6) and they can all do it since there are different levels of difficulty. Really good game.
The only downside is that it's a solitary game, since only one player can use it at one time. At first it was ok, but now they get bored waiting for their turn while trying to tell their sibling how to solve the puzzle!

Meccano 5510 - Multi Models - 10 Model Set 220pc
Meccano 5510 - Multi Models - 10 Model Set 220pc

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard to assemble, 5 Feb. 2009
My son received if for Christmas when he was 9 and was so frastrated since he could not tight the pieces together. I, as an adult, found it difficult to do it. I think they should come up with an easier way to assemble the bits together. So, unfortunately it's still in the box. My son is 10 now and still doesn't want to try again. Hopefully, when he'll be an adult.

(I cant get in) Tin Money Box - One Supplied
(I cant get in) Tin Money Box - One Supplied
Offered by best deal 4 u

1.0 out of 5 stars Good but pointless!, 5 Feb. 2009
It looks really good but what's the whole point if you can't get your money out. And how does one get it out anyway?
It's really cheap...... and that's why!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2011 10:02 PM BST

LEGO Creator 4995:  Cargo Copter
LEGO Creator 4995: Cargo Copter

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Lego!, 5 Feb. 2009
My son got this one for Christmas and loved it. He can make more than one model with the same pieces so worth all the money.

BrainBox - The World
BrainBox - The World

5.0 out of 5 stars Real fun and educational at the same time!, 5 Feb. 2009
This review is from: BrainBox - The World (Toy)
I bought this for the children for Christmas and we're still playing with it. It's a lot of fun and the fact that the aim of the game is who wins the most number of cards in 10 min., means that you can have little sessions of it, so it's appropriate for children whose attention span is limited. It's fun because one might get the same card but different questions according to the number shown on the die. I'm thinking of getting some other ones from the series. Educational. Good buy.

Faringdon 10.5cm Flexible Bowl Scraper
Faringdon 10.5cm Flexible Bowl Scraper
Offered by Harts Of Stur

1.0 out of 5 stars Not too good, 18 July 2008
I was excited to get this scraper but I used it for some cake mixture and it wasn't good. It's too flexible. I'll try it for bread mixture, maybe it'll work better. We'll see.....

Page: 1 | 2