Profile for W. Wilson > Reviews

Content by W. Wilson

W. Wilson "simple girl" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Thursdays in the Park
Thursdays in the Park
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great. Heartwarming, 5 April 2013
I read this and loved it. So nice to read about grown ups falling in love and all the complexities and family pressures it brings. Bought another copy for my old mum.

The Fever Tree
The Fever Tree
Price: 3.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but a bit tedious, 5 April 2013
This review is from: The Fever Tree (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't warm to the main character as she was such a drip. It wasn't a bad read and the story was good but she just irritated me.

NASA Space Shuttle Manual: An Insight Into the Design, Construction and Operation of the NASA Space Shuttle (Owner's Workshop Manual)
by David Baker
Price: 8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars welcomed, 5 April 2013
I bought this as part of a retirement present for my space mad boss. He loved it and thought it was a great present - and it was a good read too apparently - not just a fun thing.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 5 April 2013
great story. funny, absorbing, great characters and very unusual. have recommended to several people who all agreed it was good.

The Seamstress
The Seamstress
Price: 3.79

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting, absorbing and educational!, 5 April 2013
This review is from: The Seamstress (Kindle Edition)
thoroughly enjoyed this book. great story, great characters and I learnt something! I didn't know much about Spain's involvement, or otherwise, with the war. Now I do. And I'm entertained to boot.

Mother's Milk (The Patrick Melrose Novels Book 4)
Mother's Milk (The Patrick Melrose Novels Book 4)
Price: 3.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, boring and unfunny, 5 April 2013
Bought this as it was recommended in a magazine as a fabulous read and hilarious (it was another authors recommendation). I'm sorry but maybe it only appeals to a certain section of the populace, i.e. dumb aristocrats. It was unfunny and so dull I can't describe.

The Light Between Oceans
The Light Between Oceans
Price: 3.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 5 Jan 2013
Very enjoyable book. Couldn't decide whose 'side' I was on. I could identify with all concerned. Very thought provoking and moving.

Bring Up the Bodies
Bring Up the Bodies
Price: 3.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 5 Jan 2013
Liked Wolf Hall but did have to plough on a bit to get through it. It's one though is unputdownable. Went to bed very early on several nights to get to read more. Fascinating read. Highly recommended. If this is a trilogy as I understand I can't wait for the third one.

The Stranger's Child
The Stranger's Child
Price: 2.84

1.0 out of 5 stars Clearly for public school boys, 24 Dec 2012
Well god only knows why it got the Times book of the year. Dull, uninteresting, and worst book I've read this year. I can only think it appeals to the public school boys -all that repressed homosexuality. I mean really, are we that bothered anymore. Poets, upper classes, gays -that's it really.

The Kashmir Shawl
The Kashmir Shawl
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Kashmir Shawl (Kindle Edition)
Wonderful story. Couldn't guess the end. So rich and descriptive. Detailed the fall of a lifestyle that no longer exists.

Page: 1 | 2