ARRAY(0xb62261b0)

The Passage
by Justin Cronin
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 3 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Passage (Paperback)
This is one of the best books I have read in a long time. I could not put it down. I am waiting eagerly for the second book in the trilogy. I was somewhat confused when I reached the end of the book as I did not realise at that point that it was a trilogy. Only downside if there is one is the time it is taking for Justin Cronin to write book 2. Hurry up Justin! Recommended this to friends and family and in fact everyone. Awesome.

Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking)
Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome culmination of Chaos Walking Trilogy, 3 Nov 2011
This book is again awesome. The pace never lets up. I was moved to tears in parts and I am sure others will be too. The book delivers on every angle. I have never read a trilogy quite as feverishly as I have read these books. Patrick Ness has written a classic here and it should be made into a movie. Awesome.

The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking)
The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking)

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd in the Chaos Walking Trilogy., 3 Nov 2011
This is the second book of the Chaos Walking Trilogy. This again is gripping, moving, and makes you think quite deeply about the struggles of two young people. The pace never lets up. I devoured this book and moved straight onto the last book in the series. Awesome again.

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking)
The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely awesome book., 3 Nov 2011
This book gripped me almost from the onset. Whilst I did struggle to read the somewhat 'spelt as it sounds' spelling this soon became less important as the story raced on and on. I am a middle aged woman but still found this book intense, emotional, and indeed it made me think. Would recommend this for any reader but perhaps not suitable for the younger age groups. Awesome.

Norton 360 (3 User Licence) (PC)
Norton 360 (3 User Licence) (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with this model of Norton, 13 Mar 2008
I have been having problems with Norton just as other people mention. It continually tells me it has 18 issues and needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled. I was very worried about this at first and blamed my 18 year old son....! However, having read the reviews below I wonder if the problem is with our big pc which has XP as I have installed it on our two laptops which both have Vista with no problems at all. I am not technically minded when it comes to computers and this makes me uneasy when the package asks for a reinstall. At the moment on our big pc it seems to be working ok. It always needs to be reinstalled after our son has been on so I'm still not convinced he isn't doing something, however he is always the last on at night after I have gone to bed!!!! Having read the reviews below though I think it might be more related to the fact this computer has XP. On the laptops the product runs smoothly. Something that does concern me though is that I can't view reports as I could with the old versions of Norton, therefore I can't look at internet surfing history etc. I think the other versions are far superior to this verson and I will not be renewing the product or buying an updated copy when the licence runs out - in fact I am looking forward to the licence running out!!!! I would advise anyone to invest in other Norton products such as Norton 2008 if they don't work as this 360 does. I have always had Norton products and been very pleased with them until now! Very disappointing. Does anyone have any information from Norton about a patch?

Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour, Fifth Edition (Hodder Arnold Publication)
by Richard Gross

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!, 1 Dec 2007
I am a year 2 social work student and bought this book for my psychology module. It is an absolutely fantastic book and I would recommend it to anyone who would like to know anything at all about psychology. The book is understandable and addictive and the cd that accompanies it is just an added bonus. This is a great book and would be an amazing read for anyone. Thoroughly recommended.

Lifespan Development
Lifespan Development
by Denise G. Boyd

5.0 out of 5 stars Social work student year 2, 1 Dec 2007
This review is from: Lifespan Development (Paperback)
I bought this book for my child care module and I find it to be very informative and easy to understand. However, it should be stated that this book is written and illustrated by American professionals and I have been aware that for my own studies I have been careful in essays when using references from the book. However, the overall content is good and I do like this book very much. It has been a useful addition to my now growing 'social work library'. It is not quite so relevant to those looking for texts solely to do with social work but is very useful for advising about overall birth-death human existence.

Social Work Law
Social Work Law
by Alison Brammer

5.0 out of 5 stars Social work in year 2, 1 Dec 2007
This review is from: Social Work Law (Paperback)
This is a very informative book. Very easy to read and understandable. It covers all aspects of social work law in great detail making it clear. It is a brilliant book and I would recommend this to other students of social work.

The Child Protection Handbook, 3e
The Child Protection Handbook, 3e
by Kate Wilson BA(Oxon) DipSWK(Sussex)
Price: 28.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Social Work year 2 student., 1 Dec 2007
This book is an excellent book. It is very imformative. Very descriptive. It also offers critical evaluation of government policies within child protection. Excellent book. I would heartily recommend this to any student studying social work. It is one of my favourite books so far on the subject of work with children and families.

Children Living with Domestic Violence: Towards a Framework for Assessment and Intervention
by Martin C. Calder
Price: 24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Second year social work student., 1 Dec 2007
This book is an excellent book to purchase and is very informative about all aspects of domestic violence and its effects. For anyone who is considering working in children and families social work I would recommend this book. It is easy to read and understand. Brilliant book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3