Profile for M.E.L > Reviews

Content by M.E.L

M.E.L

Cookworks Cast Iron 30cm Rectangular Induction Cookware Oven To Table Roasting Dish - Red / Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and good looking!, 18 Jan 2014
I am very pleased with this dish. It is a perfect size to feed 3 or 4 people, deep enough for many uses and on top of it all it looks great and is a wonderful colour red.
I am delighted with this product. It arrived well packaged and in good time. Very pleased customer!

Cutting Board
Cutting Board
Offered by SelectiveGoods

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Cutting Board (Kitchen & Home)
Small, neat, sturdy ... everything I expected, no disappointments. There is nothing more to say, I am very pleased with this purchase.

French Metal Shabby Chic Kitchen Paper Towel roll holder with Heart Detail
French Metal Shabby Chic Kitchen Paper Towel roll holder with Heart Detail
Offered by Four Seasons Liverpool

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite perfect!, 18 Jan 2014
This towel holder is a little larger than average, which is not a bad thing. It is very decorative and I am pleased with every aspect of it except it's stability. With only three legs, it has a tendency to topple .... hence 4 stars and not 5.

Ambi Toys Magic Man
Ambi Toys Magic Man

5.0 out of 5 stars A great toy, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Ambi Toys Magic Man (Toy)
My Grandson has enjoyed every aspect of this colourful and sturdy toy, ie. observing it's antics and chewing on its head to relieve teething gums. It is good value for money and came well packaged.

All in all, I am delighted with this purchase.

Garden Trading Bread Bin, Shutter Blue
Garden Trading Bread Bin, Shutter Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars A good purchase, 18 Jan 2014
I was a little disappointed that the bin is not airtight as is the matching cake tin I bought previously, but then it didn't say it was! However, with 'keep fresh ' bread bags it does it's job, looks great and is a good size.

The packaging could have been better, it was barely adequate and the bin has a (very) small dent. Otherwise I am pleased with my purchase and would recommend this attractive bin to a friend.

Yellow Rock [DVD]
Yellow Rock [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Biehn

3.0 out of 5 stars I so wanted to like this film!, 14 Feb 2013
This review is from: Yellow Rock [DVD] (DVD)
I was a little disappointed with the story line or should I say lack of it ... We all know about the greed of the gold obsessed 'white man', and the hardships and losses that drove him to kill and plunder .... I suppose I expected this film to take all that as read and give us an insight into the reasons why the Native American tribe were immune to the lure of gold as well as how they felt (not just how they reacted) when their culture was not only invaded, but abused.
Alas, I expected too much. The dialogue was inadequate even for this clutch of good actors ... and even though the scenery and photography was amazing and should be applauded, it was at the end of the day, just another western.
On the plus side, we did have the rare opportunity (in the U.K) to see a few (fabulous) Native American actors.