Profile for Zababoobee > Reviews

Sivitec 8 x AAA 600 mAh Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries
Sivitec 8 x AAA 600 mAh Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries
Offered by Sivitec_Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD BATTERIES AT A CRAZY LOW PRICE, 30 May 2014
Seller sent different make of batteries - 'Ultra Max' instead of Sivitec - and they're excellent; all pre-charged, ready to use, long lasting - and recharging as they should. I've ordered more.

Live At Rockpalast - One Night In Bonn
Live At Rockpalast - One Night In Bonn
Offered by RareGroove

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! - Great Songs & Singing with Superb Playing by All, 17 May 2014
This show is Mark Selby - doing what he does best; singing & playing his own songs superbly - with exceptional bass & drums from Charles 'Chopper' Anderson and Daryl 'DB' Burgess.
I think the man who wrote 'Average...' either didn't check out what he was buying or was listening to something else - get the dvd/cd combo and see a brilliant and very experienced performer giving each song just the right energy - including the scorching 'She's Like Mercury' which would have made the band explode if they'd given it any more!
REVIEWS From Others:
"This is my new eargasm! - What an incredible recording!"
"A must-have album! - detailed and lush live recording"
"Not just a talented, successful singer-songwriter - now I see what an incredible guitarist he is too!"
"Top recording quality by German TV really captures all the detail and the atmosphere - excellent mix on the CD/Dvd too - iit doesn't get much better than this."
"What a show! - can't wait for him to tour the UK.!

Call Off the Search (Special Bonus Edition)
Call Off the Search (Special Bonus Edition)
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Wondered what the fuss was about... then the emotional roller-coaster ride took me..., 5 April 2014
Millions of albums sold by this apparently simple, uninventive singer-songwriter - Why? - that's what I thought...
And I just left it on in the background while I did household stuff - until the sudden realisation that I was locked into Katie Melua's singing and experiencing a beautiful emotional roller-coaster ride. I had to stop the work to just sit an listen as she took me low, high - and all sorts of other states in between.
Only downside - this is not background music.

Fever To Tell
Fever To Tell
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Arty as F*%=*! and Tons of Fun from NYC!, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Fever To Tell (Audio CD)
Bounce round the garage and scream at your neighbours to this!
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are having to much fun - and so can anybody who joins in - wheeeeeeeeeeeeh!

Plastic Fang
Plastic Fang
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Even the Blues Explosion's least is up there with the best in the world..., 5 April 2014
This review is from: Plastic Fang (Audio CD)
At first I was upset with some people making out that Plastic Fang was a low point for the Blues Explosion...
... until I realised that there are even more creative, focused, exciting JSBE albums...
So I got the 'better' JSBE albums - which I love - but it's made me realise that Plastic Fang is still head & shoulders above most other bands' rock albums in many ways - and still one of my faves.
If JSBE's 'least' good makes me physically & vocally distort myself like this- what might the best do? - I might need oxygen...

Fully Completely [Enhanced]
Fully Completely [Enhanced]
Offered by thebookcommunity

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! - Who knew Canada had a band this good?, 5 April 2014
Bought this on the suggestion of a couple of pro musician friends - and after listening to some samples on Allmusic.com.
That hardly prepared me for what I experienced once the CD was playing on a good hifi system - Wow!
Powerful, musical vocals with superb musicianship combined into full-flight performances - all to make the best of the great songwriting.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant low cost fruit prep - what a bargain., 5 April 2014
I bought this because it was cheap and I was fed up chopping up apples (like many people, I like some apple often, rather than whole apples in one go - and I like to add it to lot's of my cooking too).
I was surprised to find that this really is not only a great, easy way to prep apples or pears, it's also very easy to clean.

Makossa Soukissa
Makossa Soukissa

5.0 out of 5 stars Makossa - Is there anything better to dance to in the world?, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Makossa Soukissa (Audio CD)
Makossa - probably the most popular type of music in much of West Africa - definitely in Camaroon - and Solo Muna is one of the great performers of Makossa.
But you don't have to be from Africa to enjoy it or to let it take you over and dance. And you don't need to learn any steps - while there are some dances you can learn - most just enjoy moving to the infectious rhythms
By happy accident, I found myself at a do with loads of Camaroon people, including the Ambassador. When dancing with a partner, he moved with vigor, joy and some conditeration, but when dancing on his own, this 'respectable' man was bouncing off the walls!
Can't dance - just put this Makossa CD on and move - you might be surprised.

The History of Fado
The History of Fado
Offered by avsuk1

5.0 out of 5 stars The two disc version is an Ace combo - and a bargain, 5 April 2014
This review is from: The History of Fado (Audio CD)
This two disc version combines a complete disc-full of Amalia Rodriques - the greatest performer of Fado - as well as being crucial to Fado's development and it's place in the worldwide history of music.
The second disc is full of an amazing selection of some of the other great Fado performers.
The recordings are good too - not the depth or detail of those made on modern equipment, but I'm sure that the oldest recordings have been remastered so that they're clean and musical.
Listening pleasure - that only grows.
Now to save up for a Coimbra Guitarra...

Bangkok Hilton [1990] [DVD]
Bangkok Hilton [1990] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nicole Kidman

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the few Great TV Mini-Series, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Bangkok Hilton [1990] [DVD] (DVD)
For the many good TV Drama series, it's easy to say why they're good.
But for the few Greats - although the same reasons can apply - the greatness is beyond reason.
That greatness drives you to see it through to the end with anticipation & excitement, then - in spite of a shatteringly perfect conclusion - the same greatness makes you wish it would not end.
Bangkok Hilton is one of the greatest.

Page: 1 | 2