Profile for RK > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 32GB Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging
Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 32GB Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 31 Aug 2014
This is a good value micro SD card. The card had 29.06GB of space available after indexing and has good read / write speeds. The adaptor allows the card to be plugged into a PC providing you have a suitable port allowing easy transfer of data on or off the device.

I personally bought the card to increase the memory available on a Samsung Galaxy phone. So far it works perfectly in the phone.

Overall, I am very happy with the card.

Green Coffee Bean Extract GOLD - 100% Pure PATENTED SVETOL® Grade, Fat Burning Supplement| 800mg Serving, ~ 50% Chlorogenic Acid | Weight Loss Supplement using Pure All Natural Veggie Capsules with ZERO Fillers, or Artificial Ingredients
Offered by House Of Goods

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 31 Aug 2014
I have been trying to lose weight for the last few months and I have been using green coffee bean extract as part of that process. I have been very happy with the results having lost a significant amount of weight. I find that since I have been taking the tablets I am not as hungry at meal times and feel to have more energy.

To what extent the green coffee beans are responsible for this is difficult say. However, I have been much more successful in losing weight whist taking the green coffee bean supplement; than on previous attempts when I have not.

These particular tablets are medium strength at 800mg. Tablets generally range in strength between 600mg and 1000mg. However, I have noticed no appreciable difference between these tablets and the stronger 1000mg tablets. They are also mid priced.

The product comes well packaged and the instructions for taking the supplement are clear.

Overall, the tablets seem to work for me as part of a concerted effort to lose weight.

Please note I was provided with a free month’s supply of this supplement in order to review the item.

a for Amazon - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
a for Amazon - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate

5.0 out of 5 stars A great idea for a last minute gift, 26 Aug 2014
The voucher is delivered almost instantly and you have a choice of email only or creating a printable card. You can choose the exact amount to add. Perfect when you need a present at the very last minute, which with my organisational skills is all too often.

I have also used vouchers to add to my own account and use for buying kindle books when abroad as I am never too happy using credit cards on hotel networks.

Ender's Game [Blu-ray]
Ender's Game [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Asa Butterfield

3.0 out of 5 stars A pale shadow of the book, 22 Aug 2014
This review is from: Ender's Game [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Let me start with the positives. The film quality on the Blu-ray disc is excellent as is the sound. The CGI in the film is at times impressive and the movie does look the part.

However, for all those who have read the book this is a very different and inferior story. The brutality of battle school does not come through in the same way and Enders is a much older and less sympathetic character.

Overall a watchable movie if not the sci-fi classic fans of the book hoped it would be.

ONX3® Motorola Moto E Premium Top Flip PU Leather Case Skin Cover + LCD Foil Film Screen Protector - Various Colours (Black)
Offered by ONX3

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the money, 22 Aug 2014
This case is robust and the plastic clip holds the phone securely in place. However, as another reviewer has pointed out it, if you use the credit card slots they will scratch the surface of the phone. Further the magnetic clip is difficult to get to fasten and covers the headphone slot, meaning you cannot close the phone case it you are using the head phone slot.

Overall an adequate phone case and good value at this price.

Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer
Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer

5.0 out of 5 stars Works really well, 17 Aug 2014
I recently bought this carpet cleaner as we have a young and very messy child and many of our carpet were looking the worse for wear. This Vax carpet cleaner worked brilliantly and whilst I could not say the carpets look like new, they certainly don’t look their age either. I will summarise the positives and negatives of the machine.

The Positives

•Easy to operate, simply plug in, fill with water, add the carpet cleaner and you are ready to go.
•Really works, removing lots of dirt, stains, and hair but leaves the carpet only damp.
•The water heater works well, both heating the water for better cleaning and resulting in shorter drying times as the water was already warm.
•Lifts the pile of the carpet making it feel much softer.
•As the unit is on wheels it is easy to push around unlike the cylinder type carpet cleaners.
•Six year guarantee / warranty if you register your product online (1 year otherwise).

The negatives

•Not cheap (but worth the money)
•The unit is very heavy and while this does not present a problem on the flat due to the wheels, it does make it difficult to move up or down stairs.
•The unit is very noisy.

I Am Pilgrim
I Am Pilgrim

4.0 out of 5 stars A Solid Thriller, 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: I Am Pilgrim (Kindle Edition)
I am Pilgirm is a real page turned from start to finish. It sees a former US intelligence officer codename Pilgrim on his hunt for an international terrorist called ‘The Saracen’. The book covers a lot of ground moving from the New York to Turkey via the hills of Afganistan, Paris, Saudi Arabia and Syria.

The book can be split into two halves, the first half examining the background and motivations of the two main characters whilst the second half focuses on the hunt itself. The pace is excellent, and it is easy to read huge chunks of the book in one go. There is also a good subplot concerning the murder of a wealth US playboy that serves to carry the main story and provide additional insight into the investigative skills of Pilgirm.

So why four stars? Well at times the story stretches credibility a little too far and is a little too much of the Hollywood action movie than I real like in a novel. Also I found the ending a little disappointing. I don’t want to give any spoilers but I felt the story resolves just a little too easily and nicely.

Overall a great holiday read, full of action, easy to read and fun. Just be prepared to suspend your disbelief.

Scaredy Cat (Tom Thorne Novels)
Scaredy Cat (Tom Thorne Novels)
by Mark Billingham

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable Read, 20 July 2014
Scaredy Cat is the second of the Tom Thorne novels from Mark Billingham. The novel sees Thorne in pursuit of two killers working in tandem (no spoiler this is on the back cover).

The plot is complex with a number of different sub plots being spun throughout the book. These sub plots provide additional insight into the characters and provide an interesting backdrop to the novel. The main storyline is well paced and the whole book is well written.

So why only four stars? Simply because it did not grab my attention in the way some novels do and whilst I enjoyed the novel I did not find it one of those you simply cannot put down.

L'Oral Paris Dermo Expertise Youth Code Anti-Wrinkle Care Night 50 ml
L'Oral Paris Dermo Expertise Youth Code Anti-Wrinkle Care Night 50 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, 10 July 2014
I have been using this product for the last few months and I happy to say I have been very pleased. The cream goes on easily and absorbs into the skin well. It leaves my skin feeling soft without leaving a greasy film on the surface of the skin like so many ‘cheap’ moisturisers. Overall, I have been very pleased with this product especially given the discounted price when compared to high street stores.

Resonance of Fate (PS3)
Resonance of Fate (PS3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 1 July 2014
This is an unusual and fun Japanese RPG. The graphics are ok but not great, especially when compared to games such as Skyrim and Final Fantasy. The game play is fun and the battle system is different, in a good way.

The game probably has 50+ hours of game play in it for the average player. Tri Ace claims that the game has over 150 hours of gameplay but I can only see this being true for player looking to get the platinum trophy. The difficulty is medium, harder than Diablo or Final Fantasy but easier than the Demon Souls Series.

Overall, a fun game well worth the £10-20 it is currently being sold for but not a classic.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20