Profile for RK > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer
Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer

5.0 out of 5 stars Works really well, 17 Aug 2014
I recently bought this carpet cleaner as we have a young and very messy child and many of our carpet were looking the worse for wear. This Vax carpet cleaner worked brilliantly and whilst I could not say the carpets look like new, they certainly don’t look their age either. I will summarise the positives and negatives of the machine.

The Positives

•Easy to operate, simply plug in, fill with water, add the carpet cleaner and you are ready to go.
•Really works, removing lots of dirt, stains, and hair but leaves the carpet only damp.
•The water heater works well, both heating the water for better cleaning and resulting in shorter drying times as the water was already warm.
•Lifts the pile of the carpet making it feel much softer.
•As the unit is on wheels it is easy to push around unlike the cylinder type carpet cleaners.
•Six year guarantee / warranty if you register your product online (1 year otherwise).

The negatives

•Not cheap (but worth the money)
•The unit is very heavy and while this does not present a problem on the flat due to the wheels, it does make it difficult to move up or down stairs.
•The unit is very noisy.

I Am Pilgrim
I Am Pilgrim

4.0 out of 5 stars A Solid Thriller, 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: I Am Pilgrim (Kindle Edition)
I am Pilgirm is a real page turned from start to finish. It sees a former US intelligence officer codename Pilgrim on his hunt for an international terrorist called ‘The Saracen’. The book covers a lot of ground moving from the New York to Turkey via the hills of Afganistan, Paris, Saudi Arabia and Syria.

The book can be split into two halves, the first half examining the background and motivations of the two main characters whilst the second half focuses on the hunt itself. The pace is excellent, and it is easy to read huge chunks of the book in one go. There is also a good subplot concerning the murder of a wealth US playboy that serves to carry the main story and provide additional insight into the investigative skills of Pilgirm.

So why four stars? Well at times the story stretches credibility a little too far and is a little too much of the Hollywood action movie than I real like in a novel. Also I found the ending a little disappointing. I don’t want to give any spoilers but I felt the story resolves just a little too easily and nicely.

Overall a great holiday read, full of action, easy to read and fun. Just be prepared to suspend your disbelief.

Scaredy Cat (Tom Thorne Novels)
Scaredy Cat (Tom Thorne Novels)
by Mark Billingham

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable Read, 20 July 2014
Scaredy Cat is the second of the Tom Thorne novels from Mark Billingham. The novel sees Thorne in pursuit of two killers working in tandem (no spoiler this is on the back cover).

The plot is complex with a number of different sub plots being spun throughout the book. These sub plots provide additional insight into the characters and provide an interesting backdrop to the novel. The main storyline is well paced and the whole book is well written.

So why only four stars? Simply because it did not grab my attention in the way some novels do and whilst I enjoyed the novel I did not find it one of those you simply cannot put down.

L'Oral Paris Dermo Expertise Youth Code Anti-Wrinkle Care Night 50 ml
L'Oral Paris Dermo Expertise Youth Code Anti-Wrinkle Care Night 50 ml
Offered by My Med Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, 10 July 2014
I have been using this product for the last few months and I happy to say I have been very pleased. The cream goes on easily and absorbs into the skin well. It leaves my skin feeling soft without leaving a greasy film on the surface of the skin like so many ‘cheap’ moisturisers. Overall, I have been very pleased with this product especially given the discounted price when compared to high street stores.

Resonance of Fate (PS3)
Resonance of Fate (PS3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 1 July 2014
This is an unusual and fun Japanese RPG. The graphics are ok but not great, especially when compared to games such as Skyrim and Final Fantasy. The game play is fun and the battle system is different, in a good way.

The game probably has 50+ hours of game play in it for the average player. Tri Ace claims that the game has over 150 hours of gameplay but I can only see this being true for player looking to get the platinum trophy. The difficulty is medium, harder than Diablo or Final Fantasy but easier than the Demon Souls Series.

Overall, a fun game well worth the £10-20 it is currently being sold for but not a classic.

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red
SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value, 30 Jun 2014
These headphones punch well above their weight given the price they are being sold at. The sound quality is very good indeed, particularly for music that features significant amounts of bass.

The additional ear pieces mean that most people will find a pair that give a comfortable fit and the carry case, which is included in the price, is a nice and useful addition. Overall, a good pair of headphones comparable to many three times the price.

imyth 10 X Clear Screen Protectors Cover Film SAMSUNG GALAXY FAME S6810 & Cloth
imyth 10 X Clear Screen Protectors Cover Film SAMSUNG GALAXY FAME S6810 & Cloth
Offered by imyth Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value and Easy to Apply, 27 Jun 2014
These screen protectors are good value at a pack of 10 for less than £3 including postage. The protectors themselves are easy to apply. They are also thick enough to avoid lots of bubbling and provide protection against scratching. Overall, a good purchase.

Loreal Youth Code Night Cream
Loreal Youth Code Night Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Product, 3 Jun 2014

L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Luminize Day 50ml
L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Luminize Day 50ml
Offered by Complete Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, 29 May 2014
I bought this moisturiser instead of my usual L’Oreal Derma Genesis cream that I can no longer easily get my hands on. So far I have been very happy with it. The cream goes on easily, absorbing into the skin well and leaves my skin feeling soft for the rest of the day, even in winter. The cream like all the L’Oreal moisturisers I have tried, does not leave a greasy film on my skin like some cheaper brands and is gentle on my skin. I have quite sensitive skin and some moisturisers irritate it. This one is fine.

Overall, I am very happy with this purchase and just hope that it continues to be easily available at a good price.

Supergets® Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810 Diamond White Top Flip Case Covers, Screen Protector, and Polishing Cloth
Offered by MGT Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Product, 28 May 2014
This is a perfectly functional little case. The case quality given the very reasonable price is excellent and it looks absolutely fine. The phone is held in place with a plastic clip with holes in the appropriate place for the on button, camera etc. The cleaning cloth whilst small does the job and the stylus also works. The pack even contains a plastic overlay to prevent the phone screen from being scratched.

Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase given the price paid

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20