Profile for RK > Reviews

Content by RK

RK

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Scaredy Cat (Tom Thorne Novels)
Scaredy Cat (Tom Thorne Novels)
by Mark Billingham

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable Read, 20 July 2014
Scaredy Cat is the second of the Tom Thorne novels from Mark Billingham. The novel sees Thorne in pursuit of two killers working in tandem (no spoiler this is on the back cover).

The plot is complex with a number of different sub plots being spun throughout the book. These sub plots provide additional insight into the characters and provide an interesting backdrop to the novel. The main storyline is well paced and the whole book is well written.

So why only four stars? Simply because it did not grab my attention in the way some novels do and whilst I enjoyed the novel I did not find it one of those you simply cannot put down.

L'Oral Paris Dermo Expertise Youth Code Anti-Wrinkle Care Night 50 ml
L'Oral Paris Dermo Expertise Youth Code Anti-Wrinkle Care Night 50 ml
Offered by My Med Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, 10 July 2014
I have been using this product for the last few months and I happy to say I have been very pleased. The cream goes on easily and absorbs into the skin well. It leaves my skin feeling soft without leaving a greasy film on the surface of the skin like so many ‘cheap’ moisturisers. Overall, I have been very pleased with this product especially given the discounted price when compared to high street stores.

Resonance of Fate (PS3)
Resonance of Fate (PS3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 1 July 2014
This is an unusual and fun Japanese RPG. The graphics are ok but not great, especially when compared to games such as Skyrim and Final Fantasy. The game play is fun and the battle system is different, in a good way.

The game probably has 50+ hours of game play in it for the average player. Tri Ace claims that the game has over 150 hours of gameplay but I can only see this being true for player looking to get the platinum trophy. The difficulty is medium, harder than Diablo or Final Fantasy but easier than the Demon Souls Series.

Overall, a fun game well worth the £10-20 it is currently being sold for but not a classic.

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red
SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value, 30 Jun 2014
These headphones punch well above their weight given the price they are being sold at. The sound quality is very good indeed, particularly for music that features significant amounts of bass.

The additional ear pieces mean that most people will find a pair that give a comfortable fit and the carry case, which is included in the price, is a nice and useful addition. Overall, a good pair of headphones comparable to many three times the price.

imyth 10 X Clear Screen Protectors Cover Film SAMSUNG GALAXY FAME S6810 & Cloth
imyth 10 X Clear Screen Protectors Cover Film SAMSUNG GALAXY FAME S6810 & Cloth
Offered by imyth Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value and Easy to Apply, 27 Jun 2014
These screen protectors are good value at a pack of 10 for less than £3 including postage. The protectors themselves are easy to apply. They are also thick enough to avoid lots of bubbling and provide protection against scratching. Overall, a good purchase.

Loreal Youth Code Night Cream
Loreal Youth Code Night Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Product, 3 Jun 2014

L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Luminize Day 50ml
L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Luminize Day 50ml
Offered by at Mr Cosmetics (UK Based Seller)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, 29 May 2014
I bought this moisturiser instead of my usual L’Oreal Derma Genesis cream that I can no longer easily get my hands on. So far I have been very happy with it. The cream goes on easily, absorbing into the skin well and leaves my skin feeling soft for the rest of the day, even in winter. The cream like all the L’Oreal moisturisers I have tried, does not leave a greasy film on my skin like some cheaper brands and is gentle on my skin. I have quite sensitive skin and some moisturisers irritate it. This one is fine.

Overall, I am very happy with this purchase and just hope that it continues to be easily available at a good price.

Supergets® Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810 Diamond White Top Flip Case Covers, Screen Protector, and Polishing Cloth
Offered by MGT Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Product, 28 May 2014
This is a perfectly functional little case. The case quality given the very reasonable price is excellent and it looks absolutely fine. The phone is held in place with a plastic clip with holes in the appropriate place for the on button, camera etc. The cleaning cloth whilst small does the job and the stylus also works. The pack even contains a plastic overlay to prevent the phone screen from being scratched.

Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase given the price paid

FUNOC Ladies Women Long Sleeve Chiffon Shoulder Pad Loose Casual Short Jacket Top (One Size S-M, Apricot Black)
Offered by XWTECH-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good product, 14 May 2014
This is a lovely little summer jacket. The fit is on the small side of medium but otherwise it is exactly as advertised and great value at under £10. The colour is a light apricot, being more towards a dusky pink colour than peach. The material is of a reasonable quality and the stiching is good.

Overall a great little jacket to wear on a summer evening.

Morphy Richards Accents 47586 Espresso Maker 15 Bar - Red
Morphy Richards Accents 47586 Espresso Maker 15 Bar - Red
Offered by Bright Sparks Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 10 May 2014
I recently bought this coffee machine to use at work. I have a De Longhi coffee machine at home, which is very good if a little expensive. For work I needed something more compact and this coffee machine seemed to fit the bill.

The Positives

*The machine is aesthetically pleasing and very compact.
*The water tank is easy to fill and empty.
*The quality of the coffee produced is reasonable, not the best but given the price of this machine it is very good.
*The machine reaches pressure quickly.
*The machine is inexpensive as espresso machines go.

The Negatives

*The steam wand is difficult to use and squirts far too much water into the milk, especially when you first turn the steam on. This can leave the milk very watery particularly if you use skimmed milk.
*The machine has a very small clearance height between the espresso spout and the cup stand. I make it roughly 9cm. Most beakers and certainly no latte glass will therefore fit under it. I have to use an espresso cup then pour the coffee into my latte glass.
*The steam capacity of the machine is low and will only froth enough milk for two lattes before it needs recharging.

Overall, I am pleased with my purchase. I did not want to spend too much for a machine for work and this is an excellent price. The quality of the coffee is good and I can work round the other drawbacks of the machine. However, if I was to buy a replacement machine for home I would definitely buy a De Longhi machine over this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20