Profile for RK > Reviews

Content by RK

RK

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
SALE!!! New BIG Pack! Green Coffee Bean Extract 1000mg Weight Loss Supplement EXTRA Strong Formula With 50% Chlorogenic Acid - Lose Weight Naturally With Green Coffee Bean - 90 Premium Quality Fat Burning Capsules - As Seen On TV! The Best Natural Weight Loss And Slimming Aid With Lifetime Money-Back Guarantee!
Offered by Vital in Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 16 Sep 2014
I have been trying to lose weight for the last few months and I have been using green coffee bean extract as part of that process. I have been very happy with the results having lost a significant amount of weight. I find that since I have been taking the tablets I am not as hungry at meal times and feel to have more energy.

To what extent the green coffee beans are responsible for this is difficult say. However, I have been much more successful in losing weight whist taking the green coffee bean supplement; than on previous attempts when I have not.

These particular tablets quite strong at 1000mg. Tablets generally range in strength between 600mg and 1000mg. I bought this particular set of tablets for use whilst I was on holiday. On holiday I indulged more than usual and did not exercise every day like I normally do. Despite this I still lost some weight. This is unusual as I normally put on a bit whilst away.

In addition some green coffee bean tablets can be a bit harsh on the stomach but I did not find these to be so despite being 100mg.
The product comes well packaged and the instructions for taking the supplement are clear.

Overall, I have been very happy with these tablets and believe they have helped in my effort to lose weight.

Bolse® High Output (32W / 6.3A) 3-Port USB Car Charger, Provides Maximum Power For 3 Devices At Once, For iPhone 5, 5s, 4s; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Galaxy Note 3, 2; iPad Air, 5, 4, mini; Motorola and HTC
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little product, 6 Sep 2014
The Bolse high output car charger comes well packaged in a small but perfectly adequate box. Also provided in the box is a brief instruction guide and the 12 month warranty.

The product itself is compact measuring 7.9 cm long, 3 cm high and 2.2 wide. The body of the product is made from a sturdy looking black plastic and the connection points are metal. The product easily clips into the cigarette lighter socket and has a blue LED power indicator light.

Initially I was slightly confused by the labelling on the product. The top two USB sockets are labelled Apple whilst the bottom one is labelled Samsung. As I have a Motorola phone I was unsure which socket to use. On further investigation it turns out that the top two USB sockets are for Apple or Android products whilst the bottom one is designed specifically for Samsung products. Having said that my Motorola phone is quite happy to draw power from all three sockets.

I have also tried the charger with 3 devices attached. All three devices were able to draw power through the device and my phone appeared to charge at the normal rate. I so rarely charge tablets in the car that I could not comment on the charging speed but they did seem to be charging at a reasonable rate.

Overall, I am very impressed with the product and other than improving the clarity of the labelling on the USB ports I cannot find any fault with it at all.

Please note I was provided with a complimentary product for the purpose of reviewing it.

Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 32GB Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging
Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 32GB Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 31 Aug 2014
This is a good value micro SD card. The card had 29.06GB of space available after indexing and has good read / write speeds. The adaptor allows the card to be plugged into a PC providing you have a suitable port allowing easy transfer of data on or off the device.

I personally bought the card to increase the memory available on a Samsung Galaxy phone. So far it works perfectly in the phone.

Overall, I am very happy with the card.

Green Coffee Bean Extract GOLD - 100% Pure PATENTED SVETOL® Grade, Fat Burning Supplement| 800mg Serving, ~ 50% Chlorogenic Acid | Weight Loss Supplement using Pure All Natural Veggie Capsules with ZERO Fillers, or Artificial Ingredients
Offered by House Of Goods

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 31 Aug 2014

These particular tablets are medium strength at 800mg. Tablets generally range in strength between 600mg and 1000mg. However, I have noticed no appreciable difference between these tablets and the stronger 1000mg tablets. They are also mid priced.

Overall, the tablets seem to work for me as part of a concerted effort to lose weight.

Please note I was provided with a free month’s supply of this supplement in order to review the item.

a for Amazon - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Card
a for Amazon - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Card

5.0 out of 5 stars A great idea for a last minute gift, 26 Aug 2014
The voucher is delivered almost instantly and you have a choice of email only or creating a printable card. You can choose the exact amount to add. Perfect when you need a present at the very last minute, which with my organisational skills is all too often.

I have also used vouchers to add to my own account and use for buying kindle books when abroad as I am never too happy using credit cards on hotel networks.

Ender's Game [Blu-ray]
Ender's Game [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Asa Butterfield

3.0 out of 5 stars A pale shadow of the book, 22 Aug 2014
This review is from: Ender's Game [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Let me start with the positives. The film quality on the Blu-ray disc is excellent as is the sound. The CGI in the film is at times impressive and the movie does look the part.

However, for all those who have read the book this is a very different and inferior story. The brutality of battle school does not come through in the same way and Enders is a much older and less sympathetic character.

Overall a watchable movie if not the sci-fi classic fans of the book hoped it would be.

ONX3® Motorola Moto E Premium Top Flip PU Leather Case Skin Cover + LCD Foil Film Screen Protector - Various Colours (Black)
Offered by ONX3

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the money, 22 Aug 2014
This case is robust and the plastic clip holds the phone securely in place. However, as another reviewer has pointed out it, if you use the credit card slots they will scratch the surface of the phone. Further the magnetic clip is difficult to get to fasten and covers the headphone slot, meaning you cannot close the phone case it you are using the head phone slot.

Overall an adequate phone case and good value at this price.

Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer
Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer

5.0 out of 5 stars Works really well, 17 Aug 2014
I recently bought this carpet cleaner as we have a young and very messy child and many of our carpet were looking the worse for wear. This Vax carpet cleaner worked brilliantly and whilst I could not say the carpets look like new, they certainly don’t look their age either. I will summarise the positives and negatives of the machine.

The Positives

•Easy to operate, simply plug in, fill with water, add the carpet cleaner and you are ready to go.
•Really works, removing lots of dirt, stains, and hair but leaves the carpet only damp.
•The water heater works well, both heating the water for better cleaning and resulting in shorter drying times as the water was already warm.
•Lifts the pile of the carpet making it feel much softer.
•As the unit is on wheels it is easy to push around unlike the cylinder type carpet cleaners.
•Six year guarantee / warranty if you register your product online (1 year otherwise).

The negatives

•Not cheap (but worth the money)
•The unit is very heavy and while this does not present a problem on the flat due to the wheels, it does make it difficult to move up or down stairs.
•The unit is very noisy.

I Am Pilgrim
I Am Pilgrim

4.0 out of 5 stars A Solid Thriller, 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: I Am Pilgrim (Kindle Edition)
I am Pilgirm is a real page turned from start to finish. It sees a former US intelligence officer codename Pilgrim on his hunt for an international terrorist called ‘The Saracen’. The book covers a lot of ground moving from the New York to Turkey via the hills of Afganistan, Paris, Saudi Arabia and Syria.

The book can be split into two halves, the first half examining the background and motivations of the two main characters whilst the second half focuses on the hunt itself. The pace is excellent, and it is easy to read huge chunks of the book in one go. There is also a good subplot concerning the murder of a wealth US playboy that serves to carry the main story and provide additional insight into the investigative skills of Pilgirm.

So why four stars? Well at times the story stretches credibility a little too far and is a little too much of the Hollywood action movie than I real like in a novel. Also I found the ending a little disappointing. I don’t want to give any spoilers but I felt the story resolves just a little too easily and nicely.

Overall a great holiday read, full of action, easy to read and fun. Just be prepared to suspend your disbelief.

Scaredy Cat (Tom Thorne Novels)
Scaredy Cat (Tom Thorne Novels)
by Mark Billingham

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable Read, 20 July 2014
Scaredy Cat is the second of the Tom Thorne novels from Mark Billingham. The novel sees Thorne in pursuit of two killers working in tandem (no spoiler this is on the back cover).

The plot is complex with a number of different sub plots being spun throughout the book. These sub plots provide additional insight into the characters and provide an interesting backdrop to the novel. The main storyline is well paced and the whole book is well written.

So why only four stars? Simply because it did not grab my attention in the way some novels do and whilst I enjoyed the novel I did not find it one of those you simply cannot put down.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20