Profile for RK > Reviews

Content by RK

RK

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
[Apple MFI Certified] Poweradd™ Apple 8 Pin USB to Lightning Charge and Sync Cable for iPhone 6 Plus/ 6/ 5S /5C /5, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad mini/mini 2, iPod touch 5th, iPod nano 7th-3.3 Feet / 1 m
Offered by Poweradd

5.0 out of 5 stars A great value and functional cable, 23 Oct 2014
This Poweradd charge and Sync Cable is designed to be used with a wide range of Apple devices. It works both as a charging cable and as a data cable. So far I have used it with an ipod nano and an ipad.

As a lead for an iPod the Poweradd cable work but offers no real advantages over the shorter cable apple provide; other than being significantly cheaper than the apple product as a replacement cable.

However, it is with the iPad that the cable comes into its own. If like me you frequently forget to charge you iPad until you want it then this cable is perfect. The extra length allows you to sit on the sofa and connect the device to a plug socket. The apple lead provided is simply not long enough to do this – this lead is although a little bit of extra cable would not go amiss.

A second use is to connect the lead to a smart TV. We have a smart TV but unfortunately the apps available are limited to the BBC iPlayer and a host of channels I infrequently watch. By attaching your iPad to the TV you can stream a much wider range of content – including all of the major catch up TV services, Netflix, YouTube and Amazon prime video. In addition you can use the keyboard on the iPad to search for content rather than the somewhat clumsy remote control on screen system. However, again a little bit of extra cable would be welcome as it would allow you to operate the TV from the comfort of the sofa.

Overall, a useful accessory for an iPad at a very good price.

Please note I was provided with a complimentary product for the purpose of reviewing it.

Poweradd™ Portable Dual-Port USB Car Charger With Built-in Micro USB Cable Power Adapter Compatible for Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3 2, Android SmartPhones, GPS, Tablets, and USB Port for iPhone 6 Plus 6 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad, iPod and Many Other Devices (Apple Cable Not Included) - Black
Offered by Poweradd

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional and Good Value, 18 Oct 2014
This Poweradd phone charger comes with a built in micro USB cable and a USB port. I have tried the product with a Motorola phone and a Samsung Galaxy phone. It charged both at more or less exactly the same rate as other chargers I have used. Further, I see no reason why it would not work with other makes of phones; but you would need a separate cable if your phone is not compatible with micro USB.

The build quality is reasonable – the plastic does not feel as robust as some chargers and the fit on the USB port is a little loose. However, the price is excellent and the product does come with a 12 month guarantee should you have any problems. Also the coiling on the micro USB wire is useful to prevent the wire getting in the way whilst you are driving.

Overall, this is a good value and functional charger – especially for those who will make use of the built in micro USB.

Please note I was provided with a complimentary copy for the purpose of reviewing it.

Broken Mirror: A psychological thriller
Broken Mirror: A psychological thriller

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the finished article., 7 Oct 2014
At around 150 pages of text I would describe Broken Mirror as a novella or short novel. It concerns itself with murder, the paranormal, and life beyond death.

The main characters are Reverend Lucas Wheelan and Jenny an intensive care nurse.
Wheelan is quite a menacing character, disillusioned, angry and quite deranged. He adds a dark presence throughout the book and is a definite plus. Jenny on the other hand does not really work for me. Her character is somehow not quite believable and I find it difficult to engage with as a result.

As a story Broken mirror works quite well, it has an interesting and original plot line but lacks a strong backdrop. It also has a few errors and typos remaining. Overall Broken Mirror feels like a late draft of a decent novel. The storyline is present and the characters are starting to take shape but it needs a little more work. Having said that it is both a first novel and as far as I can tell essentially self published. By those standards it is quite an achievement. I have read novels by ‘professional’ authors with weaker storylines and some of the ebooks I have downloaded have just as many errors and typos.

Overall, well worth a read at the kindle price but I am not sure I would want to pay the full price for it.

Bolse® 60W / 12-Amp 7-Port Fast Charging USB Wall / Desktop Charging Station With SmartICᵀᴹ Technology - Full Speed Charging for iPhone 5, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Touch Screen Tablet, Cell Phone, MP3 Player, (AC 110-220V International), Detachable 5 ft / 1.5 M Power Cord

5.0 out of 5 stars A very clever device, 28 Sep 2014
This Bolse desktop charger allows you to charge up to 7 devices simultaneous; potentially all at their maximum charge rate. This is thanks to a clever chip inside the device which identifies the appropriate amps and voltage each device needs and provides the correct amount. This significantly reduces charging time and energy consumption.

Most smart phones require at least 0.5A to charge and will charge at their optimum rate between 1 and 1.5A. However tablets require more around 2A. This is why devices plugged into a USB port on a computer charge so slowly as they normally only output 0.5A at 5V. This is only a quarter of the optimum for most tablets and half what most smart phones would like.

So for example according to Apple the iPhone requires 5V with approximately 1.1 amps but the iPad wants 5.1V and 2.1 amps for optimum charging. This Bolse charger has 60V and 12A available so it could easily charge 7 iPhones simultaneously without an increase in charge time or 5 iPads. Even better it can manage a combination of different devices requiring a varying amount of power. If your devices power requirements exceed the maximum the charger can deliver they will still charge but at a slower rate.

The device is compact and has a long power lead. This makes it perfect for locating on a desk or similar flat surface. The device feels solid and does not get excessively hot when in use. The USB ports are well made and you don’t get that movement on the connection point you sometimes get with cheaper devices. The charger also senses when the device is nearly full charged and reduce the power output to that device. This makes the charger more economically to run and prevents the overcharging of batteries. Overcharging reduces the life of batteries so the charger in effect will both save money and extend the life of battery.

Overall, a very impressive device at a very reasonable price.

Bolse® High Output 3-Port USB Car Charger (25W / 5A) Provides Maximum Speed For 3 Devices At Once With SmartIC Technology for Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Galaxy Note 3, 2; LG G2; Motorola and HTC (Build-in Micro USB Cable)

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and good looking, 27 Sep 2014
This Bolse car charger comes well packaged in a small but perfectly adequate box. The charger itself is well designed, being both compact and allowing easy access to the USB ports. It is also aesthetic pleasing. I particularly like the brushed chrome effect on the front of the charger.
The built in micro USB cable will fit a wide variety of tablets, e-readers and phones, but not any Apple products. Of course you can use either of the two USB ports to charge Apple products, but if you are not going to make regular use of the built in cable this may not be the charger for you.

The charger itself works extremely well. It easily clips into the power socket and does not protrude excessively into the car. The charger uses SmartIC technology to deliver the right Amperage to each device. Initially I was sceptical about what difference this would make. However, I have noticed that my Motorola phone charges about 25% quicker with this charger than with my old one. This continues to be the case each when I plug a second device into it.

Overall, this is a great charger, especially if you can make regular use of the built in micro USB cable.

[Apple MFI Certified] Omaker Extra Long 2m/6.5 ft 30 Pin USB 2.0 Sync/data Charging Charger Cable Connector to USB Cord for Iphone 4s Iphone 4 Iphone 3gs,ipad Ipad 2 Ipad 3,ipod Touch 4th,iphone 4 Iphone 4s Iphone 3g Iphone 3gs,ipad Ipad 2 Ipad 3rd,ipod Touch 4th, Ipod Nano 6th
Offered by DoReMi Mall

5.0 out of 5 stars A great value and functional cable, 21 Sep 2014
This Omaker charge and Sync Cable is designed to be used with a wide range of Apple devices. It works both as a charging cable and as a data cable. So far I have tried with an iPod classic and an iPad (3rd Generation).

As a lead for an iPod the Omaker cable work but offers no real advantages over the shorter cable apple provide; other than being significantly cheaper than the apple product as a replacement cable. In fact when plugging the cable into a desktop computer the spare cable is somewhat annoying. The cable will work for charging the iPod but I see no advantage of being able to place the device that far away from the socket.

However, it is with the iPad that the cable comes into its own. If like me you frequently forget to charge you iPad until you want it then this cable is perfect. The extra length allows you to sit comfortably on the sofa and connect the device to a plug socket. The apple lead provided is simply not long enough to do this comfortably – this lead is.

A second use is to connect the lead to a smart TV. We have a smart TV but unfortunately the apps available are limited to the BBC iPlayer and a host of channels I infrequently watch. By attaching your iPad to the TV you can stream a much wider range of content – including all of the major catch up TV services, Netflix, YouTube and Amazon prime video. In addition you can use the keyboard on the iPad to search for content rather than the somewhat clumsy remote control on screen system. Finally the length of the cable allows you to do all this without leaving the comfort of the sofa. Perfect!

Overall, a great accessory for an iPad at a very good price.

SALE!!! New BIG Pack 90 Capsules! Green Coffee Bean Extract 1000mg Weight Loss Supplement EXTRA Strong Formula With 50% Chlorogenic Acid - Lose Weight Naturally With Green Coffee Bean - 90 Premium Quality Fat Burning Capsules - As Seen On TV! The Best Natural Weight Loss And Slimming Aid With Lifetime Money-Back Guarantee!
Offered by Vital in Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 16 Sep 2014
I have been trying to lose weight for the last few months and I have been using green coffee bean extract as part of that process. I have been very happy with the results having lost a significant amount of weight. I find that since I have been taking the tablets I am not as hungry at meal times and feel to have more energy.

To what extent the green coffee beans are responsible for this is difficult say. However, I have been much more successful in losing weight whist taking the green coffee bean supplement; than on previous attempts when I have not.

These particular tablets quite strong at 1000mg. Tablets generally range in strength between 600mg and 1000mg. I bought this particular set of tablets for use whilst I was on holiday. On holiday I indulged more than usual and did not exercise every day like I normally do. Despite this I still lost some weight. This is unusual as I normally put on a bit whilst away.

In addition some green coffee bean tablets can be a bit harsh on the stomach but I did not find these to be so despite being 100mg.
The product comes well packaged and the instructions for taking the supplement are clear.

Overall, I have been very happy with these tablets and believe they have helped in my effort to lose weight.

Bolse® High Output (32W / 6.3A) 3-Port USB Car Charger, Provides Maximum Power For 3 Devices At Once, For iPhone 5, 5s, 4s; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Galaxy Note 3, 2; iPad Air, 5, 4, mini; Motorola and HTC

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little product, 6 Sep 2014
The Bolse high output car charger comes well packaged in a small but perfectly adequate box. Also provided in the box is a brief instruction guide and the 12 month warranty.

The product itself is compact measuring 7.9 cm long, 3 cm high and 2.2 wide. The body of the product is made from a sturdy looking black plastic and the connection points are metal. The product easily clips into the cigarette lighter socket and has a blue LED power indicator light.

Initially I was slightly confused by the labelling on the product. The top two USB sockets are labelled Apple whilst the bottom one is labelled Samsung. As I have a Motorola phone I was unsure which socket to use. On further investigation it turns out that the top two USB sockets are for Apple or Android products whilst the bottom one is designed specifically for Samsung products. Having said that my Motorola phone is quite happy to draw power from all three sockets.

I have also tried the charger with 3 devices attached. All three devices were able to draw power through the device and my phone appeared to charge at the normal rate. I so rarely charge tablets in the car that I could not comment on the charging speed but they did seem to be charging at a reasonable rate.

Overall, I am very impressed with the product and other than improving the clarity of the labelling on the USB ports I cannot find any fault with it at all.

Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 32GB Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging
Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 32GB Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 31 Aug 2014
This is a good value micro SD card. The card had 29.06GB of space available after indexing and has good read / write speeds. The adaptor allows the card to be plugged into a PC providing you have a suitable port allowing easy transfer of data on or off the device.

I personally bought the card to increase the memory available on a Samsung Galaxy phone. So far it works perfectly in the phone.

Overall, I am very happy with the card.

Green Coffee Bean Extract GOLD - 100% Pure STANDARDIZED 50% Chlorogenic Acid, 800 mg | Weight Loss Supplement using Pure All Natural Veggie Capsules with ZERO Fillers, Binders or Artificial Ingredients
Offered by House Of Goods

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 31 Aug 2014

These particular tablets are medium strength at 800mg. Tablets generally range in strength between 600mg and 1000mg. However, I have noticed no appreciable difference between these tablets and the stronger 1000mg tablets. They are also mid priced.

Overall, the tablets seem to work for me as part of a concerted effort to lose weight.

Please note I was provided with a free month’s supply of this supplement in order to review the item.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20