Profile for T. Austen > Reviews

Content by T. Austen

T. Austen (Leamington Spa, Warks)

Maglite 2D PRO LED Blisterpack Flashlight - Black
Maglite 2D PRO LED Blisterpack Flashlight - Black
Offered by 4Tools

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare to be dazzled! Superb!, 23 Sept. 2014
What an amazing product and at a bargain price, puts all other torches to shame and only requires x2D batteries. Range over 300m! My own personal searchlight!

Tres Tres Fort
Tres Tres Fort

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album but not quite as expected, 16 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Tres Tres Fort (Audio CD)
Bought this after seeing them on Jools Holland, album/music is fantastic and artists are real characters!
Main issue I've had with this item is that I could not find the four bonus video tracks as advertised on the back of the CD case. I tried on my DVD player and also my laptop but still not there?, also found all the track listings/album details were in Japanese??!! This was a pain as I import CDs into my music library via Windows Media and then these are imported to iTunes (I'm sure I am not the only one who does this?).
On the other hand Amazon have been very understanding and had sent a replacement copy but this was also the same so am returing the other for full refund.
If you are buying this to listen to the hard copy/CD then don't be put off, the album is fantastic and I am looking forward to seeing the DVD soon

The Somme: The Untold Story in Never Before Seen Panorama
The Somme: The Untold Story in Never Before Seen Panorama
by Peter Barton

5.0 out of 5 stars Wanted it, bought it, love it, 16 Mar. 2009
Had seen this book a while ago but couldnt bring myself to spent the RRP. Randomly searched the ISDN one day and found the price reduced on Amazon. Such an informative book with stories/letters home/diary quotes from both sides involved in the 'Great War'. Have travelled to many different places in the Somme region and wished I had had this with me at the time. Some of the panoramic pictures of then + now really bring home how bad it wouldve been for those fighting at the time and the stories make you realise what a pointless war it was at times.
A gripping read, sometimes quite upsetting but still find it hard to put it down/stop reading- thoroughly recommend this to anyone with even the slightest interest in WW1. Top notch.