Profile for R Walton > Reviews

Content by R Walton

R Walton "cornflake_guy" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Simply Nigella: Feel Good Food
Simply Nigella: Feel Good Food
by Nigella Lawson

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like Nigella's style and have all her books and must ..., 14 Nov. 2015
I really like Nigella's style and have all her books and must admit this is one of my favourites. Alot of her other books about 'entertaining ' whereas this book is more about eating at home which I kind of like as it's practical and down to earth. Although I'm not sure if she has shares in an avocado farm! Admittedly not alot of the recipes are 'showy' but her other books have that style. This book lives up to its name and I am enjoying working my way through the simple down to earth recipes.

Ultimate Collection
Ultimate Collection

3.0 out of 5 stars It really pains me because I love Anastacia but this really does smack of a record ..., 7 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
It really pains me because I love Anastacia but this really does smack of a record company budget release cash in. Anastacia doesn't really have the body of work to justify a second greatest hits and whilst the tracklist is practically identical this is just a poor imitation of 'Pieces of a Dream' which really was an ultimate collection when released. Since her last greatest hits Anastacia has only had 3 albums. The underperformed 'Heavy Rotation' which isn't even represented on this package, a covers album and a great comeback album. Anastacia should have maintained the momentum of her comeback with new material rather than churning out this hits collection. The two new tracks are nothing special. An inferior version of Christina Aguilera's 'Army of Me' and a rather bland new single which sounds more like album filler. Anastacia can do great covers and make songs her own as shown by 'It's a Man's World' so I can't understand why she chose to record a karaoke version of Aguilera. Three stars because I love Anastacia and I love the songs but this is an uninspiring Christmas stocking filler release.

Dragon Warrior [DVD]
Dragon Warrior [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason David Frank

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent low budget fantasy, 7 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Dragon Warrior [DVD] (DVD)
Let's be honest the only reason someone is buying this is for Jason David Frank. It's a decent enough film with some pretty good fight scenes. Don't be fooled by the dragon on the cover. Some of the effects are a bit ropey but considering the budget it's pretty decent. It sort of reminded me of the Hercules TV series. The unnecessary ending spoilt it slightly though. Give it a go if only to see JDFs fantastic martial arts moves.

Caseflex Ultra Slim Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard For All iOS, iPad, Android, Mac, & Windows Devices - Silver & White
Offered by Yousave Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 7 Aug. 2015
Fantastic product. Wanted a keyboard to go with my iPad so I could use it as a replacement laptop. Sometimes I'm dubious of these cheaper third party products having purchased some poor performing products on the past. I was going to get an official Apple keyboard but was struggling to justify the price. I thought I'd get one of these to try it out first. So pleased I did. Ipad automatically recognised the keyboard and have had no issues using it at all. The product looks nice snd sleek too. Really pleased with this product.

X-Men: Days of Future Past (The Rogue Cut) - Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray
X-Men: Days of Future Past (The Rogue Cut) - Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray
Dvd ~ Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman, James McAvoy Ian McKellen

4.0 out of 5 stars really nice print and quality, 11 July 2015
Lovely steelbook, really nice print and quality. The film is great and has some fantastic special features. In all honesty the extra 20 mins with Rogue are pretty good but feel slightly detached from the overall story. Don't really see why it couldn't have been included as deleted scenes on the original release. Now I have the original steelbook which had the 3d film and this version (worth noting not 3d.)
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2015 10:36 PM BST

Supernatural - Season 9 [DVD] [2015]
Supernatural - Season 9 [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Jared Padalecki

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorest season, 9 Jun. 2015
Sadly this is the poorest season of the show. After 9 seasons it seems to have run out of steam. Even the chemistry between Dean and Sam isn't there anymore. The whole season felt rather lacklustre with too many filler episodes that added nothing to the overall story arc but also didn't work as stand alone episodes. The Slenderman episode being an exception. Even the overall story arc was weak. The finale just lacked the punch of previous seasons. A real anticlimax with an unsatisfying cliffhanger. I'm a long time fan of the show with every season on Bly Ray and it became my replacement for Buffy after that ended but the show has been in decline since it started to focus too heavily on the Angels and Heaven. This season I started to feel like I was just watching out of obligation rather than genuine enjoyment. Perhaps the 10th season should end the show in a strong fashion rather than letting it fizzle out to nothing.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 25, 2015 4:24 AM BST

Glee - Season 5 [DVD]
Glee - Season 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lea Michele
Offered by Direct Entertainment Supplies

3.0 out of 5 stars Sadly my least favourite series by far, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Glee - Season 5 [DVD] (DVD)
This series seemed to really split fans and unfortunately for me it is my least favourite series. Sadly it suffered from the death of Cory and it's evident the storylines were undeveloped and rushed. The whole season arc seems to fall a few episodes short and for me the latter part really dragged once the focus is abruptly shifted exclusively to New York. There were too many blatant filler episodes. Storyline were started then just abandoned...what did happen to Demi Lovato and Adam Lambert? I also can't understand why the original cast all returned for the utterly contrived 'end of the glee club' episode but not for the episode dedicated to Cory. The High School characters including Sue, Mr Shue and Emma just get dumped. Rachel's Broadway career started to get tedious and although Glee is all fantasy it just started to jarr how conveniently everything happened to each of the characters. This was the first serious I didn't eagerly watch through and actually stopped watching it for a few weeks as I lost interest. I will watch the final series but definitely feel that the show has run out of steam. I hope it ends on a great note.

Disney Frozen Olaf Fleece Blanket Brand New Official Licensed Item
Disney Frozen Olaf Fleece Blanket Brand New Official Licensed Item
Offered by Direct uk Linens

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and big, 14 Jan. 2015
Really impressed with this. Nice and big, lovely soft quality and vibrant print. Perfect. So pleased with it.

Link No.5 amiibo (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)
Link No.5 amiibo (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)

3.0 out of 5 stars Struggling to see the point..., 30 Dec. 2014
I got Hyrule Warriors for Christmas and also own Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros so thought I'd get myself the Link and Zelda Amiibo. But I have to be honest I'm incredibly underwhelmed. Nintendo have really missed a trick here. I'm a huge fan of Disney Infinity and have enjoyed collecting all the figures but these Amiibos just don't seem worth it. They don't really do alot in game. It would have been great if Link unlocked a playable character in Mario Kart but I'd already had to pay to download that. Whilst I don't regret getting the two I did I certainly won't be buying anymore. Certainly not until Nintendo produce a game which actually makes it worthwhile owning a range of them

Dangerous Creatures (Book 1)
Dangerous Creatures (Book 1)
by Kami Garcia

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as I wanted it to be., 10 Aug. 2014
I really enjoyed the Beautiful Creatures series. The characters and world were deep, engaging and fun to read. Ridley was my favourite character so I was really pleased when I found out she was getting her own story. I thought we would get more of her back story and see Ridley in all her bad ass glory. This is where the story fails. It's all a bit lacklustre. I waa surprised by how thin the book was compared to the others and some of that is just, unnecessarily, the opening pages of Beautiful Creatures at the back. The story just isn't really that interesting and it felt like a short story padded out. Ridley is also not the character I loved. She comes across fairly weak at times and for alot of the novel tries to be mortal, working in a hair salon! The ending is also a bit of a damp squib with no real dramatic showdown although there is a cliffhanger. Perhaps the remaining books in this new series should have just been put into one stronger story because this to me felt underdeveloped and unfinished. Even the writing was somewhat basic and juvenile, not as descriptive and pleasant as the Beautiful Creatures book. I shall read the next book but hope it has more punch. It's also advisable to read the prequel Dangerous Dream as otherwise you'll struggle to understand what's going on, though given the length of the book this really should have been part of the main novel not a separate download.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4