Profile for R. Macdonald > Reviews

Content by R. Macdonald

R. Macdonald "sonyvipod" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Milosevic: A Biography
Milosevic: A Biography
by Adam LeBor

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 8 Aug 2011
This review is from: Milosevic: A Biography (Hardcover)
It has been several years since I read this book. A great read if you are interested in anything to do with the Former Yugoslavia and the rise and fall of Slobodan Milosevic. Fairly interesting with plenty information which is written well. A recommended read!!

Letters to the Celestial Serbs: Reflections on an Ethnic Conflict
Letters to the Celestial Serbs: Reflections on an Ethnic Conflict
by Gojko Beric

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book!, 16 April 2011
I thought this book was a well written and interesting read, although at times a little one sided. I have read almost every book ever written about the wars in the Former Yugoslavia and this did not disapoint! Probably knowing some facts already about the conflict would make the book easier to read but on the whold very well written by a great writer! But as mentioned it is rather a one sided view.

Emma's Baby
Emma's Baby
by Abbie Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book!!, 16 April 2011
This review is from: Emma's Baby (Paperback)
This book was a great read! I could not put it down, I thought it was so well written and utterly grasping! The characters are well thought out and described well. I would recommend this book highly! Great holiday read!!

Into the Darkest Corner
Into the Darkest Corner
by Elizabeth Haynes

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!, 9 April 2011
I thought this book was fantastic! I read it so fast. At times it was very upsetting and disturbing but I really got into the story and cared about the characters! Apart from Catherines so called friend Sylvia, she was just auful to her! Great recommended read!

The Creeper (Brennan and Esposito)
The Creeper (Brennan and Esposito)
by Tania Carver

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 9 April 2011
This was a great book! All the characters were well thought out and the storyline well plotted!! At times this book was rather disturbing! Would be a great movie I think! Recommended read i just couldnt put it down!!

Cuckoo
Cuckoo
by Julia Crouch

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book!!, 25 Mar 2011
This review is from: Cuckoo (Paperback)
I felt I just had to write a review! I have finished the book and it is totally brilliant! well written, well plotted. The characters are described in a way that wants you to find out more about them. I felt sorry for Rose (main character) initially as she seemed to be losing her well constructed and at times compulsive organised life! But she does get on your nerves with the control freak streak in her, Sometimes she was so pretentious and mummsy like it was hard to care about her, especially when she was going to the "local" farmers market for food she didnt rate as much as the supermarkets. But that is what character analysis is all about! I totally recommend this book it was very good indeed!!

For the Love of a Son: One Afghan Woman's Quest for Her Stolen Child
For the Love of a Son: One Afghan Woman's Quest for Her Stolen Child
by Jean Sasson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!!, 1 Jun 2010
I really enjoyed this book! Very well written and interesting to read. I actually bought it to read on holiday and finished it before my holiday! Rather a disturbing book in many ways when you think of how the people of Afghanistan have suffered. Recommended reading. Plenty of facts about the history and turmoil in Afghanistan.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2010 2:02 PM BST

Esma's Secret [DVD]
Esma's Secret [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mirjana Karanovic

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great movie, 28 May 2010
This review is from: Esma's Secret [DVD] (DVD)
This is a trully super film! The acting is good and the storyline is very involving! I travel to Sarajevo frequently and loved seeing the city in a film. It is subtitled in english. Well worth watching. A very moving account of a woman and her daughter! 5 stars!!!

Between Two Worlds: Escape from Tyranny: Growing Up in the Shadow of Saddam
Between Two Worlds: Escape from Tyranny: Growing Up in the Shadow of Saddam
by Zainab Salbi

5.0 out of 5 stars One Brillian read!, 22 July 2009
I have just finished this book. It is really so well written and gives a good background on the days of Iraq under the Saddam regime. The author is likeable and paints a very sad picture of the lives of those close to Saddam> Great book well worth a read!

A Thousand Splendid Suns
A Thousand Splendid Suns
by Khaled Hosseini

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillian brilliant brilliant!!-, 22 July 2009
I would totally recommend this book! It is amazing.. I have read so many books about afghanistan etc and this is one of the best! well written and interesting! I couldnt put it down.. recommended highly...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3