Profile for Brian H > Reviews

FitBit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker - Black
FitBit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker - Black
Offered by Electronic-centre

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect, 8 Aug 2014
Had this fitbit one for a few months now so feel I can properly comment. It is very good at keeping track of your activity levels, particularly walking/running and climbing stairs or hills. Note the stairs climbs just works on an increase in altitude by 10 feet, so counts an additional floor each time you raise in height by that amount - so a hill counts towards the number of floors. I don't pay any attention to calories burned so don't know how accurate it is, but as it's based on metabolic units, it's probably reasonably so.
Whatever you do, don't just look at the calorie burn and then eat accordingly, that's a sure way of putting on weight. The intention is the opposite. Eat as normal and up your activity level if you wasn't to lose weight.
The only real complaint I have is that the clip isn't particularly durable. Unlike others, I've not had a problem with the fitbit falling out of its sleeve. I always wear it reversed, with the sleeve inside my pocket, just in case. My problem has been that the clip has fallen apart. It's not that old, although I wear it daily, and I would expect a longer life from it. Hence the 1star deduction. I am going to have to buy a replacement cos I want to keep using it.

JAY-BE J-Bed Double Folding Guest Bed with Memory Foam Mattress
JAY-BE J-Bed Double Folding Guest Bed with Memory Foam Mattress

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good buy, 18 Nov 2013
I was a bit apprehensive about paying so much for a fold up bed, but needn't have been. Solid construction and a chunky foam mattress, with a slatted base. The mattress is memory foam, so is firm and supportive. I've not used it personally, other than for a quick try out, but those who have, said it was very comfortable. Word of warning, the leaflet it comes with suggests a maximum combined weight of 140kg, which isn't that much seeing its a double bed, but does accommodate people of average weight.

iPhone 5 Audio Adapter Connector to 30 Pin Dock Connector - iPhone Socket 5 to 4

1.0 out of 5 stars Charges fine but no audio, 18 Nov 2013
Bought this to connect my new iphone to my in car transmitter. It allows the phone to be charged up while on the move, but doesn't send any audio. All in all pretty useless

Lunch Drunk Love
Lunch Drunk Love

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit different than the usual BFS albums, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lunch Drunk Love (Audio CD)
Musically, this is probably one of their more mature albums. A quick intro scan when I bought it showed a lot of acoustic guitar, but never fear the volume and attitude kicks in shortly. The songs work well live too

4 PK FOAM DOOR GUARDS
4 PK FOAM DOOR GUARDS
Offered by best deal 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive and does the job, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: 4 PK FOAM DOOR GUARDS
Had a few types of these in the past. They all break in due course by being stretched and pressed by the door and frame, but these are no more or less durable than any others. Can't fault them. Arrived quickly too

HP CN684EE#301 - INK CARTRIDGE NO 364 XL - BLACK BLISTER
HP CN684EE#301 - INK CARTRIDGE NO 364 XL - BLACK BLISTER
Offered by Cartridge King

5.0 out of 5 stars What it says on the tin, 28 July 2012
This isn't so much a review of the product. That is an ink cartridge for a printer that takes this ink. Not much to tell other than it is exactly as advertised. It's more a compliment on the seller. I ordered this on Thursday night (26 Jul) with an expected delivery of 1-3 Aug. it arrived this morning (28 Jul). For a free delivery, I can't ask for more. Gobsmacked? Well done Amazon.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be taken in, 8 Mar 2012
I bought one of these a few years ago after being taken in by the very convincing salesman. In my defence, at the time I'd had a few beers and was on a spending spree - it was a bike show and I was already spending. By that stage I would have bought Dumbo's feather. O wait. I did.
Keep your money in your pocket. They don't work. How people can get away with selling this rubbish with the sales of goods act in force I will never know.
In case you haven't guessed, I am advising you against buying one of these. It's just a shame I can't give it no stars and still post a review.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy these, but leave some for me, 27 Feb 2012
Ordered these on the evening of 22 Feb by standard delivery, and they arrived on the 25th. Can't fault the service. The shorts themselves are extremely comfortable and wick away sweat really well, so just the thing for a hard workout. They are a bit longer than I'd expected - longer than other 5 inch shorts I have, but they aren't exactly knee skimmers. The leg is a bit narrower than I'd expected too, but with my scrawny legs that just means they fit better. Overall an excellent choice and well up to Under Armour's usual standards

Under Armour Catalyst Shorts
Under Armour Catalyst Shorts

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good shorts but not as advertised, 26 Feb 2012
I ordered these shorts recently, but on delivery found that contrary to the description, they do not have a liner. I have now returned them as I specifically wanted lined shorts. I can't fault the shorts themselves. Good quality and look good, but just not what I was after. Once the retailer realised the error in the description, they were refunded without problem, although the description has still not been changed to reflect the correct specification

Delavier's Core Training Anatomy
Delavier's Core Training Anatomy
by Frédéric Delavier

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 3 Feb 2012
There is a mass of information in this book, identifying different workout and training regimes to improve core fitness. It includes individual exercises for specific muscle groups as well as programmes for sports specific training. As a personal trainer, this is very valuable for prescribing exercises for my clients, however it is also easy to follow for the layman looking to improve their core fitness.
It's not the first of mr Delavier's books I've bought and it won't be the last
Thoroughly recommended