Profile for C. Collins > Reviews

Content by C. Collins

C. Collins (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition (Xbox 360)
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by 666 Media

5.0 out of 5 stars get this over the seperate game, 5 Mar. 2013
Normally thr DLC for this game is extremely expensive, the DLC adds a fair bit of content so if you want dragon age get this version which includes all the non exclusive DLC.

Brennenstuhl Wattage and Current Meter EM230 (discontinued by manufacturer)
Brennenstuhl Wattage and Current Meter EM230 (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 5 Mar. 2013
great device but I think it would have been better if the output display was on the end of a long cable, as power sockets are often low down in awkard places meaning its hard to read the data and access it.

6 X Lcd Screen Protector For Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace
6 X Lcd Screen Protector For Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace
Offered by Mad Choice--Ships from HK station

1.0 out of 5 stars these are too big., 5 Mar. 2013
Maybe I suck at using them but I found they simply too big, it has to be sbolutely perfection to place these right on the phone as there is no room for error otherwise it hits the edge of the phone, a better design would be to have a gap along the outside so its a bit smaller than the phone surface.

Plus I am not quite sure why they needed, other than to maybe stop fingerprint smears on the actual screen.

Ecell - GOLD 2430MAH BATTERY FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY FIT S5670, SAMSUNG GALAXY GIO S5660, GALAXY GIO S5660, GALAXY ACE S5830, GALAXY FIT S5670, SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE S5830

5.0 out of 5 stars very long life, 5 Mar. 2013
I brought this for my samsung galaxy ace, which previously was averaging 3 days between recharges, poorer than the 7 days or so I was used to on my nokia. Now I am getting 10 days on average so it even beats the nokia. Although be aware I have customised my phone on the ROM side as well to achieve the 10 day life. But the point is that it does beat the stock battery.

Samsung SSD 830 2.5inch SATA III 6GBps 128GB Desktop Accessory  Kit with Free Norton Ghost 15
Samsung SSD 830 2.5inch SATA III 6GBps 128GB Desktop Accessory Kit with Free Norton Ghost 15

4.0 out of 5 stars very good drive, 5 Mar. 2013
This drive is excellent, the only reason I gave it 4 stars not 5 is that I currently have an issue where its slow on threaded i/o on my main rig, but the same drive I put in my laptop doesnt have the problem, so it could be a motherboard issue meaning that the drive might be blameless, otherwise no problems.

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 200 - UK Layout (Business Packaging)
Microsoft Wired Keyboard 200 - UK Layout (Business Packaging)

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok, 5 Mar. 2013
Poor build quality compared to my old microsoft keyboard, some of the keys have a noisy squeek and feel unstable, particurly the bigger keys like shift and space bar which tilts. This relegated to replacing an old keyboard on a spare pc. On my main rig I still using my 4 year old microsoft keyboard.

ASUS RT-N16 - 300Mbps Wireless N Router. 802.11n, Gigabit Lan, Easy 3 step setup, EZQoS Bandwidth Management, 3 Year Warranty

4.0 out of 5 stars Good decent router but not perfect, 5 Mar. 2013
This is my first asus router.

This router has stock firmware supplied by asus but it also supports various 3rd party firmwares, so because of that its very powerful in terms of potential features.

I considered 5 stars as it does most things well, but here is the reasons why.

With QoS enabled the processing power isnt that great, too low for infinity 2 broadband or high speed cable broadband.
Lack of future proofing on wireless technology. Now obviously this is a buyers choice as there is higher models on the market but the reason I had it affect the rateing is I now see the N66 model isnt that much more expensive so probably is the better choice unless really short on cash, then this is a good 2nd choice.

Wii/PS3 VGA HDTV AV Cable
Wii/PS3 VGA HDTV AV Cable
Offered by Electro World

2.0 out of 5 stars poor quality for my use, 5 Mar. 2013
Now my rateing is possibly misleading so I will explain why I gave it 2 stars.

I brought this cable to go from my PS3 to my monitor. Currently I have an existing xbox360 to vga cable used on my monitor and for the xbox360 it works awesome, so I assumed this would work fine for the PS3.

The result was the following.

A dim image output. Which was unaffected by tuning brightness on the monitor.
Washed out colours.
Overpowering whites (too high gamma?)

Whilst the PS3 was useable it was a severely degraded experience, I partially improved it by putting the monitor in a video input mode (improved the colours greatly but not rest of issues).

The PS3 doesnt seem to have native VGA support (whilst the xbox360 does) so that may be the cause of the problem and not the cable, which is why I said this rateing may be misleading, but for those using a PS3 considering this cable I hope you take this review seriously.

I later brought a hdmi to dvi cable after this which works fine, so if you have a monitor with dvi input go for hdmi to dvi instead of composite to vga.

PowerA Air Flo Controller (PS3)
PowerA Air Flo Controller (PS3)
Offered by AccessoryOutlet

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a unofficial controller but not perfect, 5 Mar. 2013
Usually unofficial controllers are of very poor build quality, I took the gamble with this one because I needed a xbox360 style controller for the PS3. Plus the official PS3 controller is too light.

This almost is perfect but not quite, the d-pad on my controller is too insensitive when pressing up, I have to press down hard for it to register and even then it only does about 80% of the time. The other directions are ok but not great.

However all the buttons and the analogue sticks seem fine, and it does have more weight to it than the stock ps3 controller.

For those buying it for the fan (I dont use it) I tested it and does work ok but is noisy and get a electrical burnout smell when its on. So I am not sure if the fan will work well in long heavy use.

The lights seem a nice touch. Although colour coding for the buttons would have been better such as red circle and blue x,

StarTech.com DVI to VGA Cable Adapter - Black - F/M
StarTech.com DVI to VGA Cable Adapter - Black - F/M
Offered by newworldtech

2.0 out of 5 stars be careful and understand what this is used for, 5 Mar. 2013
The product probably works when used for its intended purpose but dont make the mistake I did thinking it would magically convert a digital dvi image to a analogue vga image because it wont. I assume this is used when a convertor is present or if the dvi output is already analogue for some reason.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4