Profile for Victorianna > Reviews

Content by Victorianna

Victorianna

Page: 1 | 2
Earth to Earth: True Story of the Lives and Violent Deaths of a Devon Farming Family
by John Cornwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Read!, 18 July 2014
I enjoyed this book very much. It is very well written and allows the reader to have a very good understanding of what caused the disintegration of this family. It touches ones heart to read about the history of these two brothers and their sister and see how hard they worked to keep up their farm and their lives going in the midst of loosing their grasp on everything. Highly recommended.

The Riddle of Birdhurst Rise: the Croydon Poisoning Mystery
The Riddle of Birdhurst Rise: the Croydon Poisoning Mystery
by Richard Whittington-Egan

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book!, 24 Jun. 2014
I enjoyed this book very much and I highly recommend it. The author goes into intricate detail about all of the prime suspects and lets the readers make there own decision at the end on who the murderer was. As you get to the end of the book there is no doubt about who the murderer was. Very good read-- Excellent.

Queen Mary
Queen Mary
by David Duff

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Read!, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Queen Mary (Hardcover)
I enjoyed this biography of Queen Mary. It is full of interesting tidbits as well as being a thoroughly excellent and well researched biography. I highly recommend it.

Beloved Mama: Private Correspondence of Queen Victoria and the Crown Princess of Prussia, 1878-85
by Roger Fulford

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 15 Aug. 2013
I have always enjoyed the letters from Queen Victoria to and from her eldest daughter. It is certainly wonderful that they are available to us to read and enjoy.

Almost Another Sister: Family Life of Fanny Knight, Jane Austen's Favourite Niece
by Margaret Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Book!, 15 Aug. 2013
I certainly enjoyed reading about Fanny Knight's life in relation to Jane Austen. I have often wondered about the life Fanny led and this book was very thorough in letting the reader gain an understanding of her life with her large family and also about many members of her family as well.

Mary, Queen of Scots: 'In My End is My Beginning'
Mary, Queen of Scots: 'In My End is My Beginning'
by Rosalind K. Marshall

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed Very Much!, 15 Aug. 2013
I wasn't diappointed reading this book. I enjoyed every page and all the pictures showing eveything related to Mary Queen of Scots. I wish I could have made it to the exhibtion in Scotland, but since I couldn't this was the closest I could get to seeing and reading about her life.

Serving Victoria: Life in the Royal Household
Serving Victoria: Life in the Royal Household
by Kate Hubbard

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent --enjoyable read!, 12 Nov. 2012
I am almost finished reading this wonderful book. It is jam packed with new information about the way Victoria's court was run and also gives very good insight into Prince Albert--good and bad. I have only heard the good and none of the bad. When I say bad I am only talking about some personality issues of possible arragance at times. I feel he was basically a good man and an intelligent man that was a very good husband to Victoria who at times could be difficult. I was very inspired by the lady's maid Lady Charlotte Cannon. She seemed perfection itself and was an excellent model of unselfishness and self discipline.Thank you for this wonderful book. It made me feel as if I had been transported in time back to the Victorian Court and it made me gain a better understanding of women's lives at that time.

The Russian Court at Sea: The Voyage of HMS Marlborough, April 1919
The Russian Court at Sea: The Voyage of HMS Marlborough, April 1919
by Frances Welch

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Read!!, 13 Feb. 2011
This book was a joy to read if you're interested in Russian Royal History. It was very insightful reading about the day to day journey of the historic trip of the British ship HMS Marlborough during the escape & rescue from Russia of the many Russian royals & their staff during the Russian Revolution.It was also wonderful reading about the various interactions between the Royal passengers as well as between the passengers and the staff of the ship. It goes on even further to inform the reader of the aftermath of the lives of everyone involved in this famous journey. Highly recommend!

Catherine of Aragon: Henry's Spanish Queen
Catherine of Aragon: Henry's Spanish Queen
by Giles Tremlett

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Read!, 17 Dec. 2010
This book was very well written and gives the reader a wonderful insight into who Catherine of Aragon really was, her background , her strong personality, and her place in English history. It is one of the better biographies written about her. It is very well researched as well as easy to read. Catherine is one of my favorite personalities in English history and Giles Tremlett has done a wonderful job making her come to life and lets the reader become immersed in that world of those great, dramatic events and people during the Tudor period.

Shattered: The True Story of a Mother's Love, a Husband's Betrayal, and a Cold-Blooded Texas Murder
by Kathryn Casey
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent True Crime Book!, 18 Aug. 2010
Once I started reading this book I just couldn't stop. It is a very good read if you like the true crime genre. Kathryn Casey has written other books and they are all excellent. In this book she writes so many interesting details about the couple and family members,friends and neighbors of the couple and the whole time you are reading the book you can't put it down. It's just great and well written.Highly recommend!!

Page: 1 | 2