ARRAY(0xadb8b684)

Queen Mary
Queen Mary
by David Duff

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Read!, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Queen Mary (Hardcover)
I enjoyed this biography of Queen Mary. It is full of interesting tidbits as well as being a thoroughly excellent and well researched biography. I highly recommend it.

Beloved Mama: Private Correspondence of Queen Victoria and the Crown Princess of Prussia, 1878-85
by Roger Fulford

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 15 Aug 2013
I have always enjoyed the letters from Queen Victoria to and from her eldest daughter. It is certainly wonderful that they are available to us to read and enjoy.

Almost Another Sister: Family Life of Fanny Knight, Jane Austen's Favourite Niece
by Margaret Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Book!, 15 Aug 2013
I certainly enjoyed reading about Fanny Knight's life in relation to Jane Austen. I have often wondered about the life Fanny led and this book was very thorough in letting the reader gain an understanding of her life with her large family and also about many members of her family as well.

Mary, Queen of Scots: 'In My End is My Beginning'
Mary, Queen of Scots: 'In My End is My Beginning'
by Rosalind K. Marshall

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed Very Much!, 15 Aug 2013
I wasn't diappointed reading this book. I enjoyed every page and all the pictures showing eveything related to Mary Queen of Scots. I wish I could have made it to the exhibtion in Scotland, but since I couldn't this was the closest I could get to seeing and reading about her life.

Serving Victoria: Life in the Royal Household
Serving Victoria: Life in the Royal Household
by Kate Hubbard
Price: 13.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent --enjoyable read!, 12 Nov 2012
I am almost finished reading this wonderful book. It is jam packed with new information about the way Victoria's court was run and also gives very good insight into Prince Albert--good and bad. I have only heard the good and none of the bad. When I say bad I am only talking about some personality issues of possible arragance at times. I feel he was basically a good man and an intelligent man that was a very good husband to Victoria who at times could be difficult. I was very inspired by the lady's maid Lady Charlotte Cannon. She seemed perfection itself and was an excellent model of unselfishness and self discipline.Thank you for this wonderful book. It made me feel as if I had been transported in time back to the Victorian Court and it made me gain a better understanding of women's lives at that time.

The Russian Court at Sea: The Voyage of HMS Marlborough, April 1919
The Russian Court at Sea: The Voyage of HMS Marlborough, April 1919
by Frances Welch
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Read!!, 13 Feb 2011
This book was a joy to read if you're interested in Russian Royal History. It was very insightful reading about the day to day journey of the historic trip of the British ship HMS Marlborough during the escape & rescue from Russia of the many Russian royals & their staff during the Russian Revolution.It was also wonderful reading about the various interactions between the Royal passengers as well as between the passengers and the staff of the ship. It goes on even further to inform the reader of the aftermath of the lives of everyone involved in this famous journey. Highly recommend!

Catherine of Aragon: Henry's Spanish Queen
Catherine of Aragon: Henry's Spanish Queen
by Giles Tremlett
Price: 16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Read!, 17 Dec 2010
This book was very well written and gives the reader a wonderful insight into who Catherine of Aragon really was, her background , her strong personality, and her place in English history. It is one of the better biographies written about her. It is very well researched as well as easy to read. Catherine is one of my favorite personalities in English history and Giles Tremlett has done a wonderful job making her come to life and lets the reader become immersed in that world of those great, dramatic events and people during the Tudor period.

Shattered: The True Story of a Mother's Love, a Husband's Betrayal, and a Cold-Blooded Texas Murder
by Kathryn Casey
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent True Crime Book!, 18 Aug 2010
Once I started reading this book I just couldn't stop. It is a very good read if you like the true crime genre. Kathryn Casey has written other books and they are all excellent. In this book she writes so many interesting details about the couple and family members,friends and neighbors of the couple and the whole time you are reading the book you can't put it down. It's just great and well written.Highly recommend!!

Ivanhoe - BBC Mini-Series: 2 Disc Set [1997] (REGION 2) (PAL) [Dutch Import]
Ivanhoe - BBC Mini-Series: 2 Disc Set [1997] (REGION 2) (PAL) [Dutch Import]
Dvd ~ Steven Waddington
Offered by DaaVeeDee-uk
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 STARS !!, 13 Jan 2008
I have this movie on VHS and have watched it several times over the years. I can't tell you how marvelous it is. The battle scenes were absolutely fabulous to watch as well as many other scenes and Ciarin Hind's performance was so moving and so real I was in awe of him. His mastery of the character he played and his performance overall were unbelievably moving.If you want to be transported to another time and place and loose yourself to the reality and magnificence of this drama please get this DVD.You won't regret it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2008 4:10 PM GMT

The Woodlanders (Wordsworth Classics)
The Woodlanders (Wordsworth Classics)
by Thomas Hardy
Price: 1.89

5.0 out of 5 stars It's My Favorite Hardy Too!, 21 Oct 2007
Thomas Hardy is my favorite prose writer and The Woodlanders is my favorite of his novels. No one writes like Thomas Hardy. The Woodlanders is special-beautifully written and classic. I highly recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2008 9:53 PM GMT