Profile for Brad Savage > Reviews

Brad Savage

Microsoft Windows 8 Standard 64 bit OEM, WN7-00403, English Version
Microsoft Windows 8 Standard 64 bit OEM, WN7-00403, English Version

5.0 out of 5 stars I think it's the best thing ever?!, 23 July 2014
You either hate it or you love it, I love it. It took a day to get used to and felt like I used the OS for years. I use Windows 8 for gaming and browsing and haven't found one flaw in it yet, love the new start menu and all the apps that come with it, and in general seems a lot faster than all the previous Windows, I think it's a great step for the future of OS systems, I hope they get better. People who moan about this need to calm their tits, isn't that bad in my eyes. Bill Gates, your the man!

Asus DVD-RW Drive (DRW-24F1ST/BLK/AS, S-ATA, DVDR: 24x, CD-R: 48x, E-Green, Disc Encryption II)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product!, 23 July 2014
No much to say really, it's a CD Drive. It works and did a clean OS install for me. Easy to physically install and doesn't sound like your chainsawing a tree down when it reads a disk. The front of the product is pretty much black, and isn't like a greyish colours like all the other ones, so blends into the front off my case well, Thanks ASUS!

TP-Link TL-WDN3800 N600 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter
TP-Link TL-WDN3800 N600 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter

2.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but wouldn't recommend ..., 23 July 2014
This card isn't the best. Yes, it does the job when browsing the internet but the card is often inconsistent. Every 10 minutes or so the card decides whether I can go on the internet or play online games and just goes up and down. When downloading it can be fast in periods but is generally quite slow, my notebook that I have had for about 3 years has quicker internet and upload/download speeds than this. Also the driver disk isn't "Windows 8 ready" because when you come to install them, you can't on windows 8 so it just crashes your PC, but the card is so if you need the latest drivers, you have to go to the website. Wouldn't recommend just get an Ethernet cable fitted and used wired, much MUCH faster!

Update: My opinion on this card just got even worse, hence the 2 star! I found out today that I am paying for 100Mps of internet, I thought I was on 60. After doing speed tests from different sources I found out on average this card was giving me about 12 of the 100Mps I pay for (Download) and 6.5 (Upload). The card was very inconsistent during the tests and often jumped between 10-15Mps and the upload speed staying stable which is the only good thing. Very disappointed! DON'T BUY.

WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue
WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made HDD, 23 July 2014
This is a good hard drive, great value for money and knocks all other competition out. I haven't heard the hard drive once and is extremely quick. Easy installation aswell, Thanks Western Digital!

Cooler Master CM Storm Xornet Gaming Mouse
Cooler Master CM Storm Xornet Gaming Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money!, 23 July 2014
This case is very good value for money, I got mine for £62. The fans that come with the case are great and aren't loud one bit and do a good job of cooling. Comes with dust filters pretty much everywhere bar from the side panel fan slot which isn't a big deal. So much room inside the case and lots of customization options, will easily fit 99% of graphics card in the case. Very good from Cooler Master!

Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, 23 July 2014
This Ram is very good with neat timing's. It feels very solidly made and doesn't feel cheap. The heatsinks look amazing and in red look even better and match my theme, and also do a fine job of keeping the memory kool. I'm sure this stuff will overclock to around 2Ghz+ if you know what your tweaking. This isn't a bad thing but the heatsinks stand quite tall and 50% of aftermarket cooler these days wont be compatible because there so big, mine just about fit. If you want to be sure get the low profile version, very well made from Corsair!

MSI Z87-GD65-GAMING ATX Motherboard (Intel Z87, 4x DDR3, DVI, HDMI, 6x USB3.0, Killer E2205 LAN, LGA1150 Socket)
Offered by Scan Computers Intl Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 21 July 2014
This motherboard is very kool, the red and black theme is amazing, the board doesn't get hot and support high overclocks with ease. Would easily support a 5Ghz overclock in my opionon, I've got my 4770k at only 4.3Ghz on this board and use it for gaming. So many options on this board and the Killer LAN and Audio is a treat. The onboard graphics isn't that bad awell. This is well worth the money and would hight recommend one! Feels very solidly made.

Cooler Master Hyper 412s Tower Cooler for CPU
Cooler Master Hyper 412s Tower Cooler for CPU

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, but installation is annoying for socket 1150, 20 July 2014
This would be 5 star but the installation is annoying. There is nothing wrong with the product, infact it is very good, very low idle temperature and isn't going over 68c when gaming. The thermal paste that comes with it is also good, so you don't need to worry about that neither. I bought this and paired it up with a 4770k, which is socket 1150 and this cooler doesn't state that it is compatible online, but on the box is clearly states on the front in a purple box it is socket 1150 on its own. I come to the installation guide and no instructions for the one socket I had (just my luck) but I can assure you it does fit, it just takes a while to do. Still very good product though just a bit fidgety.

Intel Core i7 4770K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.50GHz, 8MB, Haswell, 84W, Intel Graphics, BX80646I74770K, 4th Generation Intel Core, Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive, 20 July 2014
This is amazing. Got mine overclocked to 4.3Ghz which kills everything I throw at it. Mainly use it for gaming and just doesn't let you down. Got the built in graphics overclocked to 1.5Ghz which increases the performance massively, highly recommend overclocking the graphics. I don't recommend the stock cooler, but if you pair this up with an after market cooler, in my case a CM Hyper 412, you will get some very low temps and your case doesn't sound like a jet taking off. The hyper-threading is just a bonus. This product is well worth the money.