Profile for Mark Hamill > Reviews

The Hacienda: How Not to Run a Club
The Hacienda: How Not to Run a Club
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 28 Dec 2013
While I was probably too young to be into the madchester scene at the time or the acid house/rave scene I was vaguely aware of it and got into a lot of the bands later on. This book gives a very detailed account of the day to day running of the Hacienda and the ongoing problems associated with it. It also reveals just how much of their money the members of New Order put into the place just to keep the doors open. A great read.

Mr Unbelievable
Mr Unbelievable
Price: 2.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Mr Unbelievable (Kindle Edition)
I feel that the two parts of this book are not in the right order. The book opens with an account of his later years as part of the Sky Sports team. Most of these anecdotes are well known and to spend half the book on them seemed like overkill. I was much more interested in the second half of the book detailing his playing career and (brief) managerial career. I felt that more time could have been spent on this part of the book but having said that it was interesting. It seems that Chris Kamara did have some managerial ability but unfortunately it didn't work out for him.

How Not to Be a Professional Footballer
How Not to Be a Professional Footballer
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An honest account., 28 Dec 2013
Before reading this book I had heard about some of Paul Merson's antics but that was only scratching the surface. I wonder how he actually managed to fit in some playing! I did feel a bit sad for him when he recounted his brief period of heavy cocaine use and it's effect on him.

Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic., 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Kerplunk (MP3 Download)
I first heard this album years ago when I heard Dookie and was getting into Green Day. Sometimes when you listen to old albums again they are not as good as you remembered but with this one I was impressed by how it has aged. Still some great songs on this album. Highly recommended!

I Am Zlatan Ibrahimovic
I Am Zlatan Ibrahimovic

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest and upfront, 15 April 2013
Zlatan has never been one to shy away from confrontation, from his early days in Sweden to numerous trophies and individual awards at Europe's top clubs. Worth reading alone for the detailed account of his single season at Barcelona where he pretty much fell out with everybody.

The language used is a bit clumsy at times but otherwise a good book.

Inverting The Pyramid: The History Of Football Tactics
Inverting The Pyramid: The History Of Football Tactics
Price: 5.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Reading, 15 April 2013
I enjoyed this book throughly, but I would say that you would have to be a bot of a nerd to read it!

Detailing the history of tactics accross Europe, Russia and South America, from the 2-3-5 to the WM, from 4-2-4 to 1-3-3-3, to 3-5-2 and 4-3-2-1. If that interests you, or if any of the numbers mean anything to you then buy the book. If not you won't be interested.