Profile for G. Franklin > Reviews

Content by G. Franklin

G. Franklin "bikerben" (Essex England)

Page: 1 | 2
Motorcycle Motorbike Scooter Moped USB Phone charger, hard-wired direct to battery Universal for all phones
Offered by ac-dc-tv

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solution if you do not need a bulky socket, 8 April 2016
Good solution if you do not need a bulky socket. The switch also means it won't run your battery down at all.

Nikwax Visor Proof 125ml
Nikwax Visor Proof 125ml
Offered by Laguna Motorcycles Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 April 2016
Easy to apply and makes water bead and run off very easily.

TP-LINK TL-WPA4226KIT AV500 Powerline 300 M Wi-Fi Extender/Wi-Fi Booster/Hotspot with AC Pass Through for Smartphones/Tablets/Laptop

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more efficient than the old BT things I was ..., 4 Mar. 2016
Much more efficient than the old BT things I was using. Never drops a signal and this is installed in a shed down the garden at the end of an extension spur.

Motorcycle Rear Reflector 90x35mm for XGJAO XGJ125-27
Motorcycle Rear Reflector 90x35mm for XGJAO XGJ125-27
Offered by Llexeter Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Mar. 2016
Just does what it is supposed to.

Rocky Creek Motopressor Tyre Pressure Gauge
Rocky Creek Motopressor Tyre Pressure Gauge
Offered by Motorcycleparts UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Robustly made and easy to read, 19 May 2015
This little beastie plugs straight onto my motopressor pump so I can always check my bike tyres when I am touring. Robustly made and easy to read. Lives in my tank bag.

OF39 - Oxford Boss Disc Lock Yellow
OF39 - Oxford Boss Disc Lock Yellow
Offered by Dennis Winter leven ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars ... what the hassle of an insurance claim can be like. This lock is easy to use and looks ..., 26 Nov. 2013
I am very security conscious as I know what the hassle of an insurance claim can be like. This lock is easy to use and looks the business. It is approved by insurance companies so should get you a discount. The U bar only just goes through the holes in my VFR800's disc so check before you buy. I don't see the point of the metal carry bracket - the lock lives in my tank bag when not in use. Of course, no lock will stop a determined thief but this should discourage the casual scrote.

Samsung M3 Slimline 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - Black
Samsung M3 Slimline 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - Black
Offered by Timepiece Fashion Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars This does what it says on the tin. Out ..., 26 Nov. 2013
This does what it says on the tin. Out the box, plug it in and download my stuff onto it. Potential problem? It's so small I forget where I left it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good grip. On off button takes more effort to ..., 26 Nov. 2013
Lovely fit. Good grip. On off button takes more effort to prod but that means no unfortunate trouser errors and photos of your pocket.

Harry's War
Harry's War

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 18 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Harry's War (Kindle Edition)
This is a pretty awesome read. When I finished it I felt I had really been there and my respect for those soldiers was unbounded. Talk about mud, blood and bullets!

Epson WorkForce WF-2530WF Ultra compact and reliable 4-in-1 for the small office printer with Wifi and AirPrint

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it all!, 18 Nov. 2013
OK, well I am not so savvy with IT these days but decided that with a house full of computers, netbooks, smart phones etc we ought to update from our trusty Epson DX4000. Room being tight the ability to stick this wireless device anywhere really appealed.
Setting up was not quite so easy as I though it would be - you need to connect to a computer to install the software and get the printer recognised so if you have no USB cable you are going to be irritated to say the least. I connected it fairly straightforwardly to the Windows 8 machine after the computer went to the Epson site and downloaded the drivers it needed. Once connected it printed beautifully - and quickly!
Next I tried to connect to a netbook running a cutdown version of Windows 7 and a proper laptop with Windows 7. The laptop was happy to take the CD and install everything from that but the netbook has no CD drive so it took a while longer and many error messages to get it working but in the end it did.
The big surprise for me was how easily the printer was detected, software sought and installed on my little netbook running Ubuntu Linux. About five minutes max!
The remote printing by email looks neat - the printer has its own email address via Epson and I presume it prints emails or attachments or whatever. Yet to try it out.
The only negative to the printer - and one I think it shares with other makes - is that using non official ink invalidates your warranty and may well screw the printer. The cartridges are electronically tagged.
So, five stars for now but if it goes wrong tomorrow I'll be sure to update!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2013 9:20 AM GMT