Profile for T. James > Reviews

Content by T. James

T. James "Tom James" (UK)

SPIGEN SGP iPhone 5S / 5 Case Ultra Thin Air Series Metal Slate
SPIGEN SGP iPhone 5S / 5 Case Ultra Thin Air Series Metal Slate

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid, lightweight but has its flaws, 24 May 2013
Good slimline case. Was expecting metal case due to premium price and misleading title. Doesn't protect top and bottom of phone very well as they are left exposed

Invision® iPad 2 3 & 4 Smart Case Cover - Front and Back Protection With Magnetic Auto Wake/Sleep Function - Superior Design Features - Premium Quality PU Leather With Microfiber Inner Lining - Independently Recommended by "Which?" Magazine (iPad 2 3 4 Cover Orange)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 17 Feb 2012
Like others, I was slightly concerned about the representation of the colour for the orange case. I was therefore pleasantly surprise pd when it arrived! It does have the bright orange I expected. Some reviews said that the colour is more of a tan colour and closer to brown and I do agree with that, but it is not as extreme. In daylight or under bright light the case is a bery flourescent looking orange but in normal conditions it is a warm looking soft type of orange. Hard to explain really but I'm happy nevertheless.

I was also concerned that the case for the iPad looked like a plastic finsih, but it wasn't and was high quality leather as well!

It was very easy to install; you just push the iPad down until each corner is clipped in and it holds the iPad perfectly rigid and securely. The clips in each corner do not intrude onto the iPad bezel at all, whcih is nice! The inside of the case and cover is covered in soft suade-like material, protecting the metal surface of the back pf the iPad, as well as the screen, from any scratches. In addition, the case is cut perfectly for the iPad2, so doesn't intefere with the operation of any buttons, the camera, the signal, the headphone jack or the charger/sync cable.

I have typed this review using the case's ability to elevate the screen using the cover for easier typing. Some may say that this is just a copy of Apple's smart cover but, trust me on this one, this is the refined version that Apple should have sold! £60 for an official leather smart cover is frankly a joke. I owned an orange polythene apple smart cover. I was always worried that the iPad would be scratched when you used the cover as a stand. This case, however, avoids this issue as it is an all-in-one product, so protects all of the iPad, all of the time. The case also provides a more rigid typing platform than the smart cover did and I don't fear it will collapse when using it.

Delivery was extremly quick and item was very well packaged (arrived in a box that was clearly designed for this product). Cannot thank this company enough. The price is very fair in comparison to the competetion, especially since it is full leather. I will certainly recommend this to my friends that also own the iPad 2!

MediaDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Matte Clear (Anti-Glare) - Apple iPad 2/3/4 (2nd / 3rd / 4th Generation, 2011 & 3 2012) - (2 x Screen Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, 17 Feb 2012
I got a new iPad under warrant from an Apple store and wanted both a new case and screen protectors to keep it in mint condition. I watched a few videos comparing the standard gloss screen on the iPad with and iPad with this protector. The difference is huge! I am using the iPad at the moment and get lovely soft colours, and despite sitting in front of a huge window letting lots of light in, the screen is perfectly visible!

The protector itself fits the screen perfectly, edge to edge, unlike some cheaper protectors. You get 2 protectors in the pack, as well as a credit card size piece of plastic to squeeze the bubbles out, and a cleaning cloth. Instructions were very clear and straight forward. I was left with a few small bubbles from where dirt was on the screen but this was entirely user error. I didn't read all the instructions before I began (Yep, I'm a bloke), so missed the part where sticky tape was recommended to remove some of the dust once you had already started the application. The bubbles aren't that noticeable but if it bugs me that much, I can always just use the second one!

I have typed this review all on the iPad 2 with the screen protector applied and can confirm that it doesn't intefere with responsiveness whatsoever. I actully feel that the screen is nicer to type on; it seems to have created a smoother surface.

I was a bit aprehensive at the price at first but it is well worth every penny! You get very nicely packaged protectors woth everything you need for applications with good instructions and great customer service. Delivery was very quick and I couldn't really ask for more! I certainly hope to deal with this company again as they completely deserve all their 5 star reviews!

AQA AS Economics Student Unit Guide: Unit 1 Markets and Market Failure (Aqa As Level)
by Ray Powell

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for an AS economis student, 12 Feb 2011
I am currently studying AS economics so wanted a book to assist my AQA AS levels for both untit's (Micro - 'Markets and market failure' and Macro - 'The national economy') Some knowledge around the subject is required to understand it, but these two books were perfect for me! It is concise, explains everything well, includes case studies, diagrams and example questions with their answers. The book was not the usual A4 size, more A5; however, I find it very convenient to carry around most days. I would recommend these two Philip Allan books to anyone studying AQA AS economics.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2014 8:21 PM GMT

MACRO EXTENSION Full Set TUBES Fits CANON EOS SLR & DSLR,1D 1Ds 7D 6D 5D 10D 20D 30D 40D,50D,60D,70D,100D,500D,550D,600D,650D,700D,1000D,1100D 1200D Camera DSLR.
Offered by BV-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Awesome!, 1 Sep 2010
For the money you may as well give these a try before forking out £600 for a 'proper' macro lens. You can some surprisingly fantastic results for the money, but beware of the shallow depth of field that should be expected :)

Nikon D90 Body Only (discontinued by manufacturer)
Nikon D90 Body Only (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 9 April 2010
I decided to go for the D90 as my first DSLR. like other people have said, i spent ages, and i mean ages, deciding which camera to get. After owning this camera for several months now, i am delighted to say that it has gone above and beyond my expectations.

The camera itself is so easy top use and even has a help button if your unsure what something is (e.g. changing flash settings, you press one button and it tells you everything you need to know about everything to do with that setting. The buttons are very well laid out and easy to use and the camera feels very comfortable in the hand. and i love how the two dials on the front and rear side of the camera are used for nearly everything, and both work very well.

Being Nikon, both the body and the 18-105 VR lens that i got with the camera, are exceptionally good quality. Everything feels sturdy despite the plastic material that they are mostly made out of. The D90 has the perfect weight, not too light (doesn't feel cheap) not too heavy (doesn't break your neck), I love it!

I am extremely impressed with the pictures that I've managed to get from my D90. I do a lot of long exposure photography and it works really well. In addition to this, the wide array of compatible lenses from Nikon mean that there's something for everything! I'm getting the 70-300 VR soon and the fixed 50mm f/1.8. The 50mm is under £100 on here, and with such fantastic reviews and amazing results, who could resist?

My only issue was me (A 15 year old boy), worrying about the safety of my equipment. So, i searched for a few weeks into camera insurance. I chose a company called 'Glover and Howe' which specialize in photography insurance and i think telescopes. anyway, i pay £35 per year to insure up to £1000 of photography equipment. I chose this company due to the very positive reviews over the interweb. anyway, i am not trying to advertise the company, they just seem like an excellent company who are easy to deal with (don't try and get out of paying up if you make a claim). I highly recommend insuring your gear, it will be worth it if something ever happens.

Very happy chappy overall, best Christmas present EVER!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2013 6:18 PM GMT

In The End
In The End

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 6 April 2010
This review is from: In The End (MP3 Download)
I have always been an iTunes guy, paying £0.79 per song from Apple for and Apple ipod. The amazon mp3 service is great tho, 10p cheaper and it gets put into iTunes automatically anyway! AND you don't have the stupid restrictions from the likes of Apple, preventing you from using the songs for anything other than playing on you ipod. Thoroughly recommend Amazon's mp3 service, brilliant!

SanDisk 4GB SDHC Secure Digital Card
SanDisk 4GB SDHC Secure Digital Card
Offered by Wholesaleprice-UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected!, 6 April 2010
Although the cards are working fine, THEY ARE NOT WHAT IS PICTURED! I would spend a little more money and buy faster memory, it is worth it. The delivery was quick but items were not packaged well at all. Not too impressed if i'm honest.

Digital Additions® Quality 67mm Snap-On Front Lens Hood Cap Cover for DSLR Cameras 67 mm (Fits:Nikon D70 D90 D70s D300s D5000 D80 Pentax, Sony, Olympus, Tamron, Sigma, JVC, Minolta, Yashica, Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM, Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS)
Offered by Dragonfly Optical

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 5 April 2010
I bought this as a spare as i wanted a backup just in case i lost a cap. It's really not worth spending £10 on a Nikon lens cap when it does the same job. The official Nikon lens cap is noticeably better but this will suffice. As long as it protects my lens, which it does, I'm happy. Would recommend for cheap price.