Profile for feminist reader > Reviews

Content by feminist reader

feminist reader "reading addict" (Tenerife, Spain)

The Quiet Gentleman
The Quiet Gentleman
by Georgette Heyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Typical Heyer, 26 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Quiet Gentleman (Paperback)
Easy reading when the brian doesn't want to do any work. Heyer is imaginative in her predictability. Stop, stop, stop.

Aches & Pains
Aches & Pains
by Maeve Binchy

4.0 out of 5 stars good as a gift for some sick people, 26 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Aches & Pains (Paperback)
I'm a huge Maeve Binchy fan; this little book(booklet - it is little) made me laugh and I can think of some friends/family I will give it to if they're in hospital - but not all. Some people do not take kindly to joshing.

Waterfalls 2013 Calendar
Waterfalls 2013 Calendar
by Moseley Road Inc.
Edition: Calendar

3.0 out of 5 stars Where are the waterfalls?, 26 Dec. 2012
The photos are lovely and the waterfalls relaxing, which is what I wanted. However, the big flaw is that there is no identification of where they are!

Our Father: A Novel
Our Father: A Novel
by Marilyn French
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent!, 14 July 2006
I've read everything by Marilyn French but Our Father is the book I've re-read the most times. The descriptions of the sisters and their changing attitudes towards one another are a delight. Isn't it great to have a good novel go on and on?

Writing a Woman's Life
Writing a Woman's Life
by Carolyn G. Heilbrun

5.0 out of 5 stars A woman who makes you think!, 27 Jun. 2002
This review is from: Writing a Woman's Life (Paperback)
Writing a Woman's Life helps you think about your own life through the comments Heilbrun makes referring to women in the present and past. She writes about women writers, biography, marriage, woman's place in the world. I find her easy to read; my copy is underlined and commented throughout, marking things to think about. As with her other books, Heilbrun is a pleasure to read, while making you think about your life.