Profile for kimbogeordie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
TOGETHER IN ANOTHER PLACE
TOGETHER IN ANOTHER PLACE

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite Sad, 14 May 2013
As much as I enjoyed this book, I thought we might have had more from them after the station platform, but nice to read that love could blossom in the most terrible circumstances.

Big Girls Do It Better (Book 1)
Big Girls Do It Better (Book 1)
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars No Bad, 14 May 2013
Personally I just felt it was a bit of a 50shades rip off, the difference in this book is you are seeing it from the perspective of a curvy girl, not too bad if you have nothing else to read, not something I would revisit.

A Nazi On Trial In God's Court
A Nazi On Trial In God's Court

4.0 out of 5 stars A quick read, 14 May 2013
Even though this is a very quick read it is very good at showing people that "what goes around comes around", maybe this did happen to him, but who knows, after what this man done, I think the one in the firey depths would have had first dabs on him

Trio of Horror: Three Tales from the Holocaust
Trio of Horror: Three Tales from the Holocaust

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, have read better, 1 May 2013
Having read many stories about survivors from the Holocaust, I must admit I was expecting a bit better, the 2nd story about the guard and sophie was definatley a bit far fetched as those people had not feeling towards anyone in Auchwitz and the third about sobibor just felt like a bit of a rip off from the film. I think the first story was the better of the three but was OK as a quick read.

What Papa Told Me
What Papa Told Me

5.0 out of 5 stars simple & honest, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: What Papa Told Me (Kindle Edition)
A well written and heart wrenching book. You cannot begin to beleive what attrocities these poor people suffered, but to live and bear witness to me I think was more revenge. The sad thing is, even after the war, they have to leave for USA due to anti-semitisim still being alive and well in Germany. My heart felt for the Pappa, after everything he went through and then the problems after, such a sad time, but good he had the strength to survive and due to his survival there will be future generations

Devil's Arithmetic [1999] [DVD]
Devil's Arithmetic [1999] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kirsten Dunst

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought, 21 Jan 2013
I must admit, when I seen this advertised, I thought it would be a bit naff, however, if found it very moving, the young girls who showed not much respect for her religion or her elders, I beleive was shown by God (when she opened the door to Eligah) why it is important to keep yourself true and to never forget what others gave up for you. At first I thought Hannah was very rude but the film was riviting. I agree it was not as horific as other (schindlers list / escape from sobibor etc) but would be worth showing to children who are learning about the holocaust. Being a Christian myself, I find this chapter in history very disturbing, but I have emmense respect for the people of Jewish faith for never loosing their own faith and staying strong. Definatley worth watching.

Empty Chairs
Empty Chairs

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, 19 Jun 2012
This review is from: Empty Chairs (Kindle Edition)
I purchased empty chairs and I was enthralled from the first page. It is a good book of survival and a young girls bravery. I have cried through many parts of it and I have just got her next novel and I am looking forward to reading it.

Ezcape from Sobibor
Ezcape from Sobibor
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT PURCHASE, 27 May 2012
Having seen the movie "Escape from Sobibor", I thought it would be interesting to read it. This book is a disgrace, it is dis-respectful to those who died in this place. The author firstly seems to be writing from an on-looker perspective, then it gets wierd about some jewish people surviving the gas chambers and attacking the nazi's. I did not realise till I got to the end it is mainly fiction (a little bit on the sick side aswell), taking such a topic as the holocaust and turning it into some kind of sick / wierd zombie fest if just too odd to comprehend. If anyone thinks different let me know.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2012 4:26 PM GMT

WAVES
WAVES
Offered by b68solutions
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Waves of Brilliance, 23 Aug 2011
This review is from: WAVES (Audio CD)
I have been a massive fan of Rhydian since his first audition on the x factor - it is good to hear someone different and not singing the same old westlife / unchained melody stuff (and no sniffy sob story to go with it). This album is brilliant, I remember a lot of the songs from the 80's and always wondered why they were never big hits in the first place but Rhydian has done them justice. Utter brilliance as ever - love this guy, love his voice, love the new album, keep going Rhydian - you are brilliant xx

Escape From Sobibor [1987] [DVD]
Escape From Sobibor [1987] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alan Arkin
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Harrowing but Brilliant, 10 Jun 2011
I have seen this movie twice, once when I was a teenager, then about 10 years later, but still remember vivadly everything about it. The main family that stick in my mind, if the ones standing on the ramp and a young man volunteers himself and his brother as gold-smiths and his father, but the guard just pushes his dad back and says "forget about him". As these two boys are only young, they have no idea what is going on until the youngest is sent a message and ends up seeing just what has happened to his family, this scene will haunt me forever and the reaction of his brother. A very harrowing movie but brilliant in the fact that bravery and humantiy can see you through.

Page: 1 | 2