Profile for kimbogeordie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Porcelain
Porcelain

5.0 out of 5 stars Matt at his Best, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Porcelain (Audio CD)
Being a Matt Cardle fan since his first audition I loved this new album, especially the title track porcelian, and even more so when I found out who it was written for

Doctor Who: The Complete Specials [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Doctor Who: The Complete Specials [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ David Tennant

5.0 out of 5 stars the doctor at his best, 18 April 2014
BIG fan of Doctor Who. Had the specials I got for my 40th birthday, but children borrowed them and they got damaged, got this on blu-ray as a pressie off hubby, what is better than dr who on dvd, dr who in HD blu-ray

Ashes to Ashes - Complete BBC Series 1-3 (New Packaging) [DVD]
Ashes to Ashes - Complete BBC Series 1-3 (New Packaging) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Philip Glenister

5.0 out of 5 stars needed a new copy, 18 April 2014
I got series 1 - 3 in the box set as my other copies are all scratched courtesy of my children. Hubby & I watched them over a week, we forgot how brilliant these series actually are.

One Day Like This
One Day Like This

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 18 April 2014
This review is from: One Day Like This (Audio CD)
There is no other word for this album than amazing, vocals are brilliant, the song choices are brilliant and I just loved it. Rhydian goes from strength to strength, Even though I have said this about the other 3 albums, I think this one is my favourite. I especially love Danny Boy, Pannis Angelicus and Nessun Dorma. A must for all fans of this amazing man.

CBeebies - The Ultimate Christmas Collection [DVD]
CBeebies - The Ultimate Christmas Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cbeebies

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for exciteable children, 25 Nov 2013
Having 3 children, this cbeebies Christmas dvd is perfect, it has a mixture of Christmas and weather songs. Personally though my favourite episode is Tikkabilla

My Secret Sister
My Secret Sister

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 31 July 2013
This review is from: My Secret Sister (Kindle Edition)
What a brilliant book. My amazon offered it up as a "You bought this book, try this one" for my kindle, I am so pleased it did. I have seen it on Tesco book shelves but never bothered picking it up. Being from the North East myself made it more interesting as you could picture the places the girls were talking about. Helens story made me cry, how anyone could treat their child in such a way is beyond me. I have reached near the end, but I wonder if Helen will share with Jenny and make Jenny very thankful for the life she had. My Mam was born around the same time as these two ladies and I was telling her things like "She has to hand her wage packet over, and they gave her pocket money", my Mam told me, yes that is true, I had to do the same until I persuaded my mam that going on board would be better for her which she eventually agreed to as my mams two older siblings had to just hand their pay packet over. It makes me so glad I grew up in the 70s and 80s, it made my parents a lot more liberable. This book is definatley worth a read.

Secret Smile [DVD]
Secret Smile [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Tennant

5.0 out of 5 stars David Tennant at his best, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: Secret Smile [DVD] (DVD)
Being a big fan of David Tennat and being very excited that this programme coincided with the announcement that he was to be the new doctor. He did not disappoint, his acting is superb, he is so scary but there is something so interesting about this character at the same time. His relationship with Miranda was so good how he seemed to always be making her squirm. Good ending aswell. Felt so sorry for the Claire Goose character as she seemed to not have much luck with men.

A Dinner Of Herbs [DVD]
A Dinner Of Herbs [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Kerrigan

5.0 out of 5 stars Catherine Cookson at its best, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: A Dinner Of Herbs [DVD] (DVD)
I love this Catherine Cookson story, it is one of my favourites. Roddy and his "I suppose in the end we all get what we all deserve" is so true when he returns. Good ending, puts past to rest once and for all. A definite for all Cookson fans x

Entwined With You (Crossfire, Book 3)
Entwined With You (Crossfire, Book 3)
by Sylvia Day

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Happy at the Ending !!, 15 Jun 2013
I was really looking forward to the third book of the crossfire trilogy ?? I have read it over 4 nights, I was so disappointed at the ending. I though the story was good, Cary being my favourite character was looked over slightly, Sylvia Day could have been a bit better with his side, but apart from that, still a good read, interesting look into her relationship with her mum & dad, but I was furious when I got to the last page last night and it stated "there will be more from Gideon & Eva soon", Bit of a cheat to get people to buy the next book, I do agree that the third was more a 50 shades book, Gideon seemed to have transpired into Christian Grey, "I want and need you so much, you are mine" sort of thing. I will probably buy the next book but only to see who this pans out and will skim read the sex parts which to be quite honest are a bit same old as was in the previous 2 books, but if you are a fan like me, you will probably enjoy the story up until the last 3 pages.

For You: The Collection
For You: The Collection
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant as ever !!, 22 May 2013
This review is from: For You: The Collection (Audio CD)
I have been an Aled fan since his TOTP appearance when he was walking in the air. 20 odd years later Im sitting in the sage watching him in concert. I love his voice, I love this CD, it has a mixture of modern songs (you raise me up), hymns and Christmas music. I have my copy, I am just ordered one for my Mam today.

Page: 1 | 2