Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "clark_lk"

Stitch 'n Bitch Handbook: Instructions, Patterns, and Advice for a New Generation of Knitters
by Debbie Stoller

5.0 out of 5 stars Knitting for newbies!, 1 Sept. 2005
I was taught to knit as a child but didn't have the patience for it and never got beyond your basic stitch. I bought this book a few weeks ago and can have already learned a variety of stitches, how to increase and decrease and have produced one lovely scarf. Trust me, if this book can teach me to knit it can teach anyone! All the directions are straightforward and most of the patterns are pretty cool.
My only gripe is that I've recently become flummoxed by British knitting patterns because some of the terminology is different and americans use different needle sizes. Also as other reviewers have mentioned the patterns in S n B use yarn that isn't readily available in the UK and it's not always clear what a suitable alternative would be.
I still think it merits 5 stars however since it's turned me into a knitting fiend!