Profile for Grace J. Gilbert > Reviews

Qwirkle Game
Qwirkle Game
Offered by a1 Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 29 Sep 2012
This review is from: Qwirkle Game (Toy)
Bright, colourful pieces that look as if they would wash if need be. I bought this for a wee 'active' maths group of 10 year olds. It instantly appealed to my husband when we trialled it at home and I thought perhaps it might be too complicated for the maths group but in fact it turned out to be a game that can be enjoyed at quite a low level too, with pupils happily managing to match perhaps one colour or shape and check that there are no repeats. A lot of games on the market are for groups of 4 but Qwirkle offers a game for larger groups. With my Lunch Club (11-18 year olds), I've found that people will come and join in at different points even after the game has started and it only adds to the enjoyment as the group gets bigger. We haven't yet 'finished' a game but have running totals which show who is in the lead. Playing the game offers lots of opportunities to talk/discuss and develop good thinking skills and strategies. I'd never heard of Qwirkle but would definitely recommend it for 6 to over 60 year olds... but be careful, because at the higher level of play, it really will make your brain hurt! :-)

PINTOY - Workbench
PINTOY - Workbench

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 13 Oct 2011
This review is from: PINTOY - Workbench (Toy)
My daughter-in-law did the research and found this advertised on Amazon. I ordered it on a Friday and it was delivered on the Monday. Perfect condition and our now-2-year-old grandson LOVES it! I was a bit worried that it would be too big for their central London flat but the family feel that it fits in well. It looks attractive but, more to the point, our grandson spends a lot of time playing with the different parts.