Profile for bladerunner481 > Reviews

I Am Livia
I Am Livia
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars First of a trilogy?, 24 May 2014
This review is from: I Am Livia (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book as it concentrated on Livias childhood and adolescence and then her early years of marriage with the future Augustus Caesar.
I wish that the author would now continue and expand the autobiography into a further two books as most of the more interesting characters and incidents of the early Roman empire occurred during Livias lifetime.
I enjoyed this book just as much if not more than Robert Graves I Claudius and Claudius The God.
This was a more balanced representation of Livia than Robert Graves portrayal of an evil psychopath who poisoned anyone who stood in the way of her son becoming emperor.
Note to author....more of the same please.

A Deeper, Darker Truth: Tom Wilson's Journey into the Assassination of John F. Kennedy
Price: 6.41

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant informative book!, 10 May 2014
What a fantastic read! I just could not put this book down! One thing that really baffles me is why the American government have done nothing more to investigate President Kennedy's murder! Tom Wilson's findings are based on scientifically proven facts and you cannot argue with that! Case proved in my opinion! Highly recommended book for anyone with an interest in the assassination and for anyone in search of the truth of what actually happened on that dreadful day in Dallas!

JFK - An American Coup: The Truth Behind the Kennedy Assassination
JFK - An American Coup: The Truth Behind the Kennedy Assassination
Price: 7.43

5.0 out of 5 stars This brilliant book explains everything you need to know!, 6 May 2014
You don't have to read any other book about the Kennedy conspiracy as this excellent book says it all! Highly recommended to anyone wishing to know the truth! I just couldn't put this book down!

Charles I: The Personal Monarch
Charles I: The Personal Monarch
Price: 25.44

1.0 out of 5 stars An appallingly printed book!, 12 Sep 2013
This book cost me nearly 19. I want my money back please! Don't buy this Kindle edition!!! Waste of money

The Succession: A Novel of Elizabeth and James
The Succession: A Novel of Elizabeth and James
by George P. Garrett

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 21 Oct 2010
I am extremely interested in this particular period of British history and when I came across this book I thought "fantastic", at last there is a novel which would hopefully portray all the political drama, the underhand deals between the devious Robert Cecil and James VI of Scotland waiting in the wings to become King of England, eagerly awaiting Queen Elizabeth to draw her last breath etc etc.
Imagine how disappointed I was to find that most of this book consisted of stories of Catholic Priests, messengers and other completely boring characters- each of these characters moving backwards and forwards in time in relating their tales which at times I found most confusing and unrelated. In my opinion the author did not make full use of the main characters in this story , namely the colourful character of the ageing Elizabeth herself, the aged Gloriana.I wanted to discover what were her deepest feelings as she approached her death? What were her regrets as she looked back on her long and eventful reign? I wanted to discover how James himself felt and what were his deepest feelings regarding the woman who executed his own mother? I wanted to learn a little more about Robert Cecil-deviously fighting for his own political survival within the new reign. Chapter one started off with promise but then I lost interest after that. The title of this book is "The Succession: a novel of Elizabeth and James" I am sorry but the title simply did not relate to the content whatsoever.
I wish I hadn't wasted my money