Profile for Rowan > Reviews

Content by Rowan

Instructions to Young Sportsmen in all that Relates to Guns and Shooting
Instructions to Young Sportsmen in all that Relates to Guns and Shooting

1.0 out of 5 stars This edition is not a good buy, 16 April 2016
I was disappointed by this Kindle edition. It claimed to have been "scanned" from the 1830 edition. I therefore assumed that I would see images of the original pages of the book. However, this is not the case. With the exception of some illustrations, there are no scans of the pages, just a very very poor OCR version of the text, with many many errors. If I had in addition to the OCR text the original images, I could check whenever the text does not seem to make sense for the original, but since the scans are not included, this is not possible. I suggest do *not* buy this version of the book.

John Adams Hot Wires Electronics Kit
John Adams Hot Wires Electronics Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Dec. 2015
My 8-year old granddaughter seems to have enjoyed this a lot, although I haven't seen inside it myself.

Wow Stuff Science Museum Giant Springy
Wow Stuff Science Museum Giant Springy

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not brilliant, 15 Dec. 2015
I bought this Slinky because the previous one I bought (for half the price) was shorter than the ones that I remember from my childhood, and did not walk down the stairs properly. This one is a lot better, but it still doesn't walk down the stairs as well as I remember from my childhood.

New Laptop Battery for HP ProBook 6450b ProBook 6540b ProBook 6545b ProBook 6550b ProBook 6555b P/N:458640-542 532497-421 AT908AA HSTNN-UB69 HSTNN-XB59 HSTNN-XB69 10.8V/7800MAH 9cell
Offered by EPC (UK) GRP LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 25 May 2015
The "User Manual" (a grandiose name for a slip of paper) was completely unintelligible.

Tatonka Flight Case Carry On Travel Rucksack Black
Tatonka Flight Case Carry On Travel Rucksack Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really worth the money, 11 Feb. 2014
I bought this because I was doing a lot of business travelling where I wanted to avoid hold baggage. I therefore wanted something that would take the maximum amount of cabin baggage, not weigh too much, and be convenient. This case sort of does it, but to be honest the palaver of getting the shoulder straps out and putting them away again discourages me from ever doing it. Also I find the case has too many straps, which get in the way and look messy. It also does not have many compartments inside for keeping different types of clothes in. Also it does not have a compartment suitable for my laptop. It's not a bad case, but I don't think it's worth what I paid for it - not enough adavantages. I think I could have designed a better case given this brief.

Epson WorkForce WF-7525 - multifunctionals (Inkjet, 200 x 200 DPI, 1200 x 1200 DPI, A3, Black, A3 (297 x 420))

3.0 out of 5 stars Great printer spoiled by bad software, 4 Dec. 2013
This is a good A3 printer and scanner with automatic duplexing. It prints well, and fast. It's great to have an A3 scanner. I have not been able to get it to print double sided A3 - it just prints single sided. It has two paper trays (one A3, one A4) able to hold around 150 sheets of paper each. It has _no_ manual paper feed, so if you want to print on some kind of special paper (e.g. photo paper) you have to remove one of the paper trays and put your special paper in there - not ideal. It does occasionally feed two sheets at once - which can be very annoying when you are manually printing double sided (which you have to do on A3 due to the above problem).

The worst feature though is the software, which I have been completely unable to use on two of my 3 computers. It works OK on my Vista PC, but it won't work on either of my Windows 7 PCs (one 32-bit, one 64-bit). I can't scan or print from these computers, which makes having a network printer completely pointless. I have not been able to get any effective help from Epson Support.

So in summary, a good printer spoiled by useless software.

Rowan
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2013 11:44 AM GMT

Eagle UK Visitors Travel Adaptor (European Schuko to UK)
Eagle UK Visitors Travel Adaptor (European Schuko to UK)

1.0 out of 5 stars Does it have an earth pin?, 22 Mar. 2013
Does this adapter cater for Euro plugs that have an earth pin with a flat side, or only the type that has earth clips at the side? The photo stupidly does not show this detail. I can't tell whether this adapter will do what I need without this information.

Rowan
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2016 5:44 PM BST

StarTech.com Headset adapter for headsets with separate headphone / microphone plugs - 3.5mm 4 position to 2x 3 position 3.5mm M/F
Offered by MAXXPRINT

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 16 July 2012
This adapter did exactly what it said, arrived promptly, and was a good price. There are several different types of adapter that look like this - this is the right one to fit a headset with two 3-way 3.5mm jack plugs (one for headphones and the other for mic) into a Dell Latitude PC with a single 4-way combined phones and mic jack socket, but it would be easy to buy the wrong one - be careful!

Under Cabinet CD Player Radio
Under Cabinet CD Player Radio

1.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality awful, 6 July 2011
We've had one of these for several years. It hasn't failed, and the form factor is ideal for mounting under high level kitchen cupbaords, but the sound quality, both FM radio reception and CD is awful. I'm now looking for something else, possibly DAB or internet radio...