Profile for Professor Alan J. Baker > Reviews

Content by Professor Alan...

Professor Alan J. Baker (Suffolk, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
La Voz De La Zafra
La Voz De La Zafra
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars The wonderful voice of Mercedes Sosa, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: La Voz De La Zafra (Audio CD)
A great new addition to the CDs this superb Latin-amercian singer has produced. It covers her full repertoire and shows the maturing of her voice over the years. Definitely 5*

D-Link DHP-P307AV/B 200 MBPS Pass Through PowerLine Homeplug AV Network Starter Kit (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent way to install BBC iPlayer and ITV player, 4 Aug 2013
This was recommended to me by a friend and surely works well. It was a good price and so far so good.

VonShef High Quality 9 Litre Graduated Stainless Steel Maslin Home Made Jam Pan With Handle
Offered by Designer Habitat

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'must' for chutney and pickle makers, 4 Aug 2013
I make my own pickles and need a vessel which can be used to stew up vinegar-based liquors. Aluminium is a non-starter so one must have stainless steel. I found this well-constructed and remarkably good quality for the price. Hopefully it will last a long time.

Sat Nav Dash Friction Mount Mat For TomTom, Garmin Navman Mio etc
Sat Nav Dash Friction Mount Mat For TomTom, Garmin Navman Mio etc
Offered by Ezdaily

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful extra if you don't have an integral sat nav in your car, 4 Aug 2013
My sat nav was always falling off the windscreen when the suction pad dried out. This mat seems to have solved the problem but suction can still be lost eventually. It allows good positioning for visibility in front of the steering wheel without obstructing vision. A good price and worth having.

18ft Telescopic Ball Retriever
18ft Telescopic Ball Retriever
Offered by TheGolfZone

4.0 out of 5 stars Every (bad) golfer should have one!, 4 Aug 2013
The Ball Retriever is sadly one of the most used 'tools' in my golf bag. I play on a links course which has a lot of water hazards and I seem to find them regularly. This product has the benefot of extra length and with a little practice one can become quite adept at retrieval. It also allows you to come home with more golf balls than you set out! A good price and very compact for the golf bag.

Emperors of Rome
Emperors of Rome
by David Potter

5.0 out of 5 stars A concise history on Rome's emperors, 4 Aug 2013
This review is from: Emperors of Rome (Hardcover)
I like this book as it is concise and very well illustrated. I actually saw it first in a bookshop in Rome and vowed to buy a copy on my return ti the UK. It's a good price and very good value if you are looking for snapshot histories of the emperors. I found a few errors but nothing serious.

The life of the Robin
The life of the Robin
by David Lambert Lack

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic biology and life history of the robin, 4 Aug 2013
This review is from: The life of the Robin (Paperback)
This book has been known to me for many years and I was inspired to buy it now as we have some very tame robin families in our garden. I told my wife about the book and the author whom I met many years ago. It's a fascinating insight into the life of the UK's favourite little garden bird. An excellent read in every way.

The Cruel Sea (Digitally Restored) [DVD] (1953)
The Cruel Sea (Digitally Restored) [DVD] (1953)
Dvd ~ Jack Hawkins

4.0 out of 5 stars The Cruel Sea, 4 Sep 2012
A real classic. Jack Hawkins at his best with a great supporting cast. A must for anyone who enjoys WWII films, expertly remastered.

LONG EARED OWL GARDEN BIRD SCARER DETERRENT
LONG EARED OWL GARDEN BIRD SCARER DETERRENT
Offered by One Click Wonder

1.0 out of 5 stars Long-eared Owl Bird scarer/Deterrent(?), 17 April 2012
I purchased this item to help rid my garden of the curse of wood pigeons. We mounted it on a pole attached to my chimney stack on the bungalow. I'm afraid to say it has proved useless in warding off these evil creatures. I even found one sitting next to it the following day laughing at me!! I fear I will have to resort to high-velocity lead as the ultimate deterrent. The only up-side has been two neighbours spotting a long-eared owl on my chimney and getting ready to send in a report to the RSPB. At least it is clearly a good likeness and appreciated.

Bax, Delius, Bridge - English Spring
Bax, Delius, Bridge - English Spring

4.0 out of 5 stars English Spring, 29 May 2011
This is an excellent collation of 'spring' music by some of our most inspiring English composers. I enjoyed the first listening immensely and can recommend to all lovers of English music.

Page: 1 | 2