Profile for PBS > Reviews

Content by PBS

PBS "Tweety" (Nürnberg)

Out on the Porch 2013 (Wall Calendar)
Out on the Porch 2013 (Wall Calendar)
by Workman

5.0 out of 5 stars Will definitely buy it again next year!, 15 Jan 2013
I came across this calendar type a couple of years ago and it still hasn't lost its magic on me. Who wouldn't want to have some of those beautiful views from their terrace, veranda or front door? It puts me straight into holiday mode when I look at it on the wall. Little excerpts from novels with scenes involving porches add to the value of this beautiful calendar...

2013 Scotland Appointments Calendar
2013 Scotland Appointments Calendar
by No author listed

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful photographs.., 15 Jan 2013
Amazing photos from Scotland! And plenty of space to write down appointments - I always use it as a birthday calendar (as not all of my friends and family are on Facebook! ;o) ) A beautiful way to be reminded of the important dates from loved ones...

OUT ON THE PORCH CALENDAR 2011
OUT ON THE PORCH CALENDAR 2011
by Workman Publishing

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply beautiful.., 3 Oct 2011
Absolutely love the calendar! The title is rather odd and I wasn't 100% sure what to expect. But every single photo gives you the feeling of holiday, weekend or leisure time and I like the little snippets from novels that come with every month. I will definitely look out for the 2012 edition!

The Secret
The Secret
by Rhonda Byrne

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother...., 3 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Secret (Hardcover)
I tried, I really tried, but I could not finish reading this book. It's too boring, part of it is common sense and the other half is rather patronizing and it puts me to sleep within 2 pages. I cannot understand the hype about it.
For people suffering from anxieties I'd even say it might have a quite dangerous message: If you acquire cancer, your previous thoughts have triggered it, if someone dies you must have thought about it and triggered it and sent out the negative impulse into the universe and the universe is answering. If you can't find the partner of your dreams, it's your own fault. If you have financial difficulties, it's your own fault - by having negative thoughts. Break free from people who are going through rough times, as they will bring the negativity into your life. Go for successful and rich friends.... Am I missing something here? Life is not THAT easy ! This book is wrong on so many levels. Stay away from it and all the merchandise around it!