Profile for Squeebles > Reviews

Content by Squeebles
Top Reviewer Ranking: 988

Squeebles (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rexel Advance A4 Stay Put Pocket and Prong Folder - Black (Pack of 5)
Rexel Advance A4 Stay Put Pocket and Prong Folder - Black (Pack of 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars It is certainly useful, but this is not the Rexel Advance Stay-Put Pocket & Prong Folder you were looking for., 21 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are sturdy plastic folders that are to hold a small amount of A4 (or smaller) papers to keep in a organised fashion. I can see this sort of thing being handed out at a meeting with documents for a project, or somebody who is adept at keeping on top of paperwork (like my other half).

I use carboard folders when organising projects at work, for contact details and organising resources, but they seem to have been printed decades ago and you can only affix papers in them with treasury tags. Not very stylish.

Opening up the larger than A4 folder and there are two pockets, one either side. There is also a corresponding corner flap at each outside top corner to tuck your sheets into so they do not fall out. A nice touch. The left hand pocket has two clear dividers for further organisation, while the right hand side has a clear pocket with a lift up latch that can hold business cards, however the Rexel blurb says it can also hold CDs / DVDs, but as I don't have any to hand, I'll have to get back to you on that. Finally, the folder itself has four holes near the spine so it can itself fit into a binder. You do not have to buy black, they also come in purple, red, navy and white. Plus, a five pack is far better value than a single folder.

This would be all fine, but the folder I have here does not match the descrition by Rexel. See user review photos of this binder and if you look at the second photo for the single folder (not this five pack) there is an image of the inside of the folder. It does not have the four holes for binder attachment, it has two prongs to secure hole punched papers. I am assuming this should be listed as the "Rexel Advance Stay Put Folder and File", for example this item.

Philips S5320/06 Series 5000 Electric Shaver with Smart Click Precision Trimmer and Turbo Function

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and powerful shaver. You get what you pay for., 21 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Electric shaver technology hasn't yet gone to the extremes of wet shaving, with multiple blades, "Dyson ball-esque" swivelling and vibrating handles; in fact it seems to concentrate on the areas where the technology actually works.

Notwithstanding the almost unfathomable method of numbering their products, though considering the amount of new items Philips release almost daily, I suppose it makes sense. The 5000 series seems to be a new range, replacing the HQ & PT series, this being the third expensive range with the more expensive 7000 and 9000 series above. The 7000 & 9000 have the addition of being wet and dry shavers.

A couple of years ago I tried a Philips wet and dry shaver and it turned out to be only useful when shaving every day. The blades could not cope with any stubble of any length and the accompanied cleaning dock and strange smelling cleaning liquid was an unnecessary accessory. I went back to my previous system.

Normally I tend to shave at the weekend and let the hairs grow during the week After five days it starts to get about to the acceptable level of "designer stubble" allowed at work. I've always disliked shaving, though a beard makes me look older than I am and my other half hates facial hair, so I have to do what's needed. One of the problems I found with shaving is I think I've done a good job and all seems smooth, then half an hour later I find there's a stray hair standing proud, somehow that has escaped trimming. So annoying and can be embarrassing as well. Anyway, I had seven day’s worth of stubble to tackle.

In the box there is the shaver, clip on cover for the heads, a clip on beard /’ tache / mutton chops trimmer (using the “SmarkClick” system) and a two pin charging cable. Plus four small booklets detailing use and guarantee and accessories to buy. No charging dock here.

Display is simple, three bars show level of battery power; a lock you can enable for travel purposes (switch shaver on, then hold down the power button for three seconds and the lock icon will flash) as you don’t want your suitcase buzzing at the wrong time; an icon that tells you when to change blades (around 24 months) and a tap icon to remind you to rinse out the heads after use.

The battery indicator was showing red and the shaver did not power on. The accompanying booklet tells me a 5 minute charge is enough for one shave, whereas a full hour on charge will give 45 minutes of shaving time. To be sure I left the shaver charging for the full hour.

In use:
It’s quiet. The three circular, rotating blades seem to be an improvement on my previous Philips, and there was no drag or nicks when moving around my face. Turbo mode, is something I will always use if available, it gives a boost to the speed the blades rotate and ups the cutting power. Enabled, it resulted in a barely audible rise in pitch and sound level.

At the end of the shave, my face felt good. Smooth. Yes, there were still a couple of rogue hairs that somehow avoided the cull, but they were dealt with quickly. No nicks, no rash. I think I’m going to go smooth for Summer.

Forgot to mention: register the shaver online with Philips and you get a two year guarantee. If they have faith that their product will still be working in 24 months, then you should too.

Teapigs Peppermint Leaves 100 g (Pack of 1, Total 50 Tea Bags)
Teapigs Peppermint Leaves 100 g (Pack of 1, Total 50 Tea Bags)

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing peppermint tea, another fine brew from Teapigs, 16 Jun. 2015
Easy brew for work without having to resort to joining a tea club and arguing over whose turn it is to buy the milk.

Have been drinking many varieties of Teapigs over the years and I'm rarely disappointed with what they have available. One tea bag (sorry, tea temple) actually makes three mugs of tea so this pack of 50 can last upto ten weeks, which is great value.

Prices go up and down, so buy lots when it's low and have great mint tea anytime.

Ultranatura Canberra series 2-seater Lounge Bench - Classy & High-quality Eucalyptus Wood FSC-certified - 47 x 28 x 35 in (119 x 71 x 89 cm)

4.0 out of 5 stars Classy bench with cushions that would look good anywhere., 16 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The good news is the bench has the major parts are already assembled, two sides, seat and back, so the actual amount of work to be done is minimised (not that the instructions help, they are very confusing). All parts are well packaged in the box and are held together with fabric (raffia?) ties. Very classy and also meant none of the woodwork was scratched or damaged in transit.

I took my time with assembly and had it from open box to fully built and sat on (with a cuppa) in a timed 47 minutes. All holes for bolts & screws were perfectly lined up and I had no problem with any of the hardware. Hardest parts were putting on the angled back to the arms and the strange way of affixing the back cushions, it's almost like they were the wrong part for this bench (but the photos from the Amazon description showed me how).

With the cushions on the bench is quite comfy and it currently resides in our conservatory, where it looks very good indeed. One as posh as this is not just for the garden!

One point to note this bench only has single bolts to attach the legs to the seat, I have found I need to tighten these every few days of use as the bench starts squeaking when you sit down. Other wooden benches can be found on Amazon (even ones for half price to this) with double bolts which should mean they are more sturdy over time.

Kenwood Food Processor FPP225 - Silver
Kenwood Food Processor FPP225 - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a kitchen gadget that won't end up at the back of a cupboard!, 2 Jun. 2015
Bought this to replace the food processor add-on of a hand blender (the rest of it works well, it's just the food processor bowl that developed a fault). So, I thought, I didn't need an all-in-one device again, just a new food processor. So I bought the Kenwood FPP225 and it's been a revelation. One of the main things I needed was a large capacity device and this main bowl has a whopping 2.1litre capacity. So many others are way smaller than this and it would mean I could only slice / chop in batches, increasing food preparation time.

The part that houses the motor is hefty, though not too heavy. The case is metal and there are four rubber feet, that aren't quite suckers, but at least stop it sliding over your worktop. The plastic used in the mixing bowl and blender is sturdy enough to last a lot of use. There are a lot of extras in the box, and finally I find a slicing attachment that does a proper job of slicing. I've tried various kitchen gadgets (many, many mandolins) to slice a lot of veg thinly and quickly; none of them have worked very well. I don't have to spend time with a sharp knife and a chopping board any more.

There are two selectable speeds with a clockwise clicks of the dial and a 'pulse' setting with a left turn. The motor is actually reasonably quiet in use and I quickly made a pesto from scratch in under 30 seconds. Slicing veg is also easy, though do remember to not use your fingers to push veg down the feed tube as the blades are sharp!

Noe: the removable blade (and all the cutting edges) of the food processor is very sharp from the outset, it easily sliced through the scrubbie I was using to clean it all before using. Also the bowl locking system is quite stiff to undo, I had to push the unit against the worktop wall and then force it anticlockwise to release the bowl. Whether this will get easier with more use remains to be seen, but I think I'll get the hand of it quite quickly.

This will get a lot of use and mean I can try out new recipes I would have thought twice over.

AmazonBasics Everyday Double Fitted Sheet, Lilac
AmazonBasics Everyday Double Fitted Sheet, Lilac

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent value fitted sheet., 30 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Got this for a double bed in the spare room. The fabric felt initially stiff, but a once through in the washing machine and it came out much nicer. This isn't a thick sheet, so it will be good for the warmer days ahead (here's hoping Summer will be nice) and shouldn't make you overwarm at night. It's a good fit and doesn't move about

The colour isn't bold, it's a gentle lilac so doesn't make an unnecesary statement. Amazon say that this will be followed with plain sheets and duvet cases in range of light colours.

I've had many AmazonBasics items and they have all been of exceptional quality with a very attractive price. Not sure if this is a replacement to the, also from Amazon, Pinzon range or even a better value set. However, the Pinzon Everyday Cotton sheet is only 180 threadcournt, while this AmazonBasics one is 200 threadcount.

Rexel A5 Mesh Bags and Transparent Casing with Black Zip (Pack of 10)
Rexel A5 Mesh Bags and Transparent Casing with Black Zip (Pack of 10)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than A5 storage bags, useful for organisation and travel. See note on quantity delivered., 27 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These bags have turned out to be very versatile.

I thought they would be open mesh, the photos don't quite do them justice, but they are fully plastic with the mesh on the inside making the plastic very strong. Rexel market them as A5, but they are bigger than that. I put a sheet of A5 paper in one and there is 3/4 of an inch clearance either side and a full inch to the top of the bag and the zip.

It is showerproof, if not waterproof; the sides are stitched, the zip top fits well and there's a cloth loop on one side so it can hang on a hook.

Would make an idea pencil case, makeup bag, toiletries, anaything you need kept safe and flat.

EDIT: Opened up the cellophane packaging these bags came in to start using these bags, it turns out there was only 9 in the pack, not 10. Going to dock one star for that. This could just be an error, but please check your order when it arrives.

Harris Victory PA357H 10-inch Bassine Broom with Handle
Harris Victory PA357H 10-inch Bassine Broom with Handle
Offered by Simple DIY

5.0 out of 5 stars An inexpensive broom, that doesn't look and isn't cheaply made, 27 May 2015
Bought this broom as I needed something else to make my total order over twenty pounds, now the minimum spend for free deilvery since they doubled the spend amount. This add-on item did the job nicely.

Didn't need a wide or superwide broom for sweeping off the patio and this 10-inch one is ideal. The dried palm leaves that make up the bristles (now, there's a thing), are stiff enough that they don't bend wne the broom is stored brush side down, and are very well anchored into the wood. The handle is smooth and a good diameter / length. Was surprised at the amount of packing the broom came in, didn't expect much for my £3.48. All in a useful, cheap to buy broom.

I think I will add this broom to every order from now on.

Hallmark Humour Huge Pop Up Leaving Card
Hallmark Humour Huge Pop Up Leaving Card

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice enough leaving card for work colleague or someone heading to university., 23 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Size of card measures 13.5cm / 5.25 inches by 25cm / 9.75 inches and the front is foiled so it looks more expensive than it is. Card opens from the bottom and will stand upright without falling over. The insides have been folded cleverly like an umbrella to open out to a larger (roughly) decohedron shape 50cm / 20 inches across, so there is enough room for many, many signatures, witty comments, perfect puns and undenyable sarcasm.

Cartoon cats and dogs, like on the front of the card adorn the inside and there's the message:
"We'll all miss your smiling face" and "All the best"

This is an ideal card for a person who is either loved and respected by his colleagues or a miserable sot that you can't wait to be rid of.

Dropped a star as no envelope was included with the card to review, which was oversight.

The Breath Co Fresh Breath Oral Rinse - 500 ml, Icy Mint
The Breath Co Fresh Breath Oral Rinse - 500 ml, Icy Mint

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive to try out, but not the wonder wash it claims out to be., 22 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had been looking online for a new mouthwash, especially one that would combat the incredibly dry mouth I seem to be waking up with in the middle of the night. Normally I would keep a bottle of water by the bedside and just take a drink when necessary, but I have been waking up several times in the night with this dry mouth.

This mouthwash contains no alcohol, which can act as a drying agent, in fact has a slightly "less wet" feel about it and doesn't leave you with a sweet taste in the mouth, which is good. Swilling the capful for a minute seems way too long and I had to take my mind off the action by doing something else as it seemed to take forever. I used it for one morning and one evening then the very next day I came down with a terrible head cold and sore throat, something I thought this mouthwash was supposed to guard against (sore throat, not a cold). Thinking this was just a coincidence I continued using the mouthwash, but overnight it made my throat seem constricted, so I stopped using it until the cold had passed.

Once I had recovered I started using it again, but it agin made my throat feel constricted. My mouth wasn't as dry overnight, but I kept clearing my throat. So I stopped using it and went back to my own brand. Other people have had good results with this mouthwash, but it's not for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20