Profile for A. Stephens > Reviews

Content by A. Stephens

A. Stephens "Andy" (Chester, UK)

Andrew James Electric 1300 Watt Food Stand Mixer In Stunning Black, Includes 2 Year Warranty, Splash Guard, 5.2 Litre Bowl And Spatula
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted, 23 Aug. 2015
Does the job for a decent price, although very noisy. Unfortunately after just over a year of use we started finding plastic shards in the food, which had broken off from around where the mixing blade slots in. A few weeks later and the lever that opens the mixer has now broken, rendering the whole thing useless.

400 pieces 6mm White Cube, Mixed Alphabet Letter Beads - A5208 / 400pk
400 pieces 6mm White Cube, Mixed Alphabet Letter Beads - A5208 / 400pk
Offered by Beadsary

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of "Random" Selection, 9 July 2014
Beads are of good quality BUT BEWARE, we were missing a crucial letter for our daughters name so overall very disappointed in the sellers description of "Mixed Alphabet Letter Beads"! I feel that customers should be made aware if letters are out of stock! As you would expect at least one of each letter out of 400 randomly selected beads!!!

Professional ASP.NET 2.0 (Programmer to Programmer)
Professional ASP.NET 2.0 (Programmer to Programmer)
by Bill Evjen

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good if moving from .Net 1.0/1.1, 13 Aug. 2006
I've been using .Net since it was in Beta in 2001, and back then I used the Wrox "Beginning ASP.Net" and "Professional ASP.Net" books, which I found excellent.

Now I'm moving to .Net 2.0, I thought the "Professional ASP.Net 2.0" book would be a logical first choice, but I found myself skimming through at least two-thirds of this book, as it covered an awful lot of subjects that I alread knew. It wasn't a "step up from 1.1" book that I hoped it might be.

While I found it gave a useful insight into the new .Net 2.0 features, I felt it didn't go into enough detail at times, and understandably some of the new features probably deserve books of their own. At times I was also left with the feeling that one or two chapters were rushed (e.g. the Web Parts) as though the author himself wasn't up to speed with that subject!

To summarise - not a bad book to give you an overview of .Net 2.0, or "freshen up" on existing subjects, but a lot of it was wasted on me.

However I'm still a fan of Wrox, and I suspect I'll end up buying their books on ADO.Net 2.0, Web Parts, and Visual Studio 2005 (when released next month).