Profile for Upior > Reviews

Content by Upior

Upior (UK)

Feeding Your Vegan Infant with Confidence: a Practical Guide from Pre-conception Through to Pre-school
by Sandra Hood

3.0 out of 5 stars So and so, 7 May 2010
I didn't finish reading the book. It seemed like the author tried to make the future mothers to believe that vegan diet can be good for the babies. I don't think I would need this type of reassurance. I'm 100% sure that vegan diet is perfect for all humans.
Author mentioned also that vegan diet is full of folic acid however future mothers can take it just in case. I don't see a point.

Anyway, some people can still find this book interesting as it gives some basic information about nutrition in vegan diet from pre-conception through to pre-school.

Hot, Flat, and Crowded: Why We Need a Green Revolution--And How It Can Renew America
by Thomas L. Friedman

5.0 out of 5 stars It should be read by everyone on this planet, 7 May 2010
Excellent book! I think it should be read by everyone living on this planet. Friedman touches so many important, environmental issues. I was surprised that I didn't think before about some problems he mentioned, they seem so obvious.

The Miracle of Fasting
The Miracle of Fasting
by Patricia Bragg
Price: 7.16

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but with too much marketing, 7 May 2010
This review is from: The Miracle of Fasting (Paperback)
I found the book very interesting however it was difficult for me to read in the beginning because the book is full of marketing of Bragg's products, some additional quotations, etc. It's almost like reading somebody's notes.
After reading the book I started fasting every Friday for about three months. Now I changed it to a fruit diet.

Pilates For Beginners [DVD]
Pilates For Beginners [DVD]
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 6.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 7 May 2010
This review is from: Pilates For Beginners [DVD] (DVD)
I believe that Pilates is excellent for some people but I really found it boring. I couldn't even force myself to finish watching the DVD